Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

Twin Eatons alive

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 07:16 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 86 Corvette, 89 IROC, 1999 TA
Engine: 350, 350, LS1
Transmission: 700r4, 700r4, T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.07, 373, 4.10
dont waste your time with the IT bs.. i took a 2 year program for cisco systems and got certified.. some very nice pieces of paper no doubt.. just wish i could find an employer that actually gave a rats *** that i had em.. i currently work as a mechanic..
Old 08-08-2003, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a buddy who did his cysco cert about 2 years ago in Colorado Springs which has a fairly large tech sector. He also scores in the 150's on IQ tests. Lots of promises were made but he has yet to find a job. The IT field is flooded with people and the folks who you want a job from could give a rats *** how high your IQ is. I hope you know someone because you might need a little help to get your foot in the door. Most companies want a few years experiance to go along with that degree. Remember, your peers now are not a bunch of high schoolers... they are experianced, college edjucated people... many with more edjucation than you will have. Something else you might want to know, in business personalities will make or break a career. I would be suprised if any business would keep someone with your "better than them" kind of attitude and the morale issues that it would create with the rest of the company... I've seen your type come and go.

If I were a career counseler, for someone like you I'd suggest taking some psych classes.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:20 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1992 B4C 1LE
Engine: Proaction 412, Accel singleplane
Transmission: built 700R4 w/custom converter
Axle/Gears: stock w/later 4th gen torsen pos
especially in colorado, its like the new silicoln valley, built huge in tech now they are laying everyone off...
Old 08-08-2003, 10:27 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 84 SVO
Engine: Volvo headed 2.3T
Transmission: WCT5
Axle/Gears: 8.8" 3.73
Originally posted by Dan W
I had a buddy who did his cysco cert about 2 years ago in Colorado Springs which has a fairly large tech sector. He also scores in the 150's on IQ tests. Lots of promises were made but he has yet to find a job. The IT field is flooded with people and the folks who you want a job from could give a rats *** how high your IQ is. I hope you know someone because you might need a little help to get your foot in the door. Most companies want a few years experiance to go along with that degree. Remember, your peers now are not a bunch of high schoolers... they are experianced, college edjucated people... many with more edjucation than you will have. Something else you might want to know, in business personalities will make or break a career. I would be suprised if any business would keep someone with your "better than them" kind of attitude and the morale issues that it would create with the rest of the company... I've seen your type come and go.

If I were a career counseler, for someone like you I'd suggest taking some psych classes.
Not to mention that the bulk of support tech is now India based..

Have a problem.. call up your local tech.. guarenteed.. you will here a Indian (Hindu) accent..

Hard working people who make pennies on the dollar compared to am American tech..

BW
Old 08-08-2003, 10:48 AM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by SATURN5
Not to mention that the bulk of support tech is now India based..

Have a problem.. call up your local tech.. guarenteed.. you will here a Indian (Hindu) accent..

Hard working people who make pennies on the dollar compared to am American tech..

BW
HEY MAN! DONT GET DOWN ON MOVING JOBS OFF SHORE! j/k read on:
There are lots of not very hard working low income billionares trying to take buy that 1000th vacation home, 100th private jet, or do that 10th hostile takeover (so they can cut your job), that depend on those people getting pennies for doing what we used to get paid dollars to do.

They control the world around us. They filter the info we recieve. A good example rmemebr the dock worker shipping "strike" on the west coast? Well if you look closely there was no strike. It was a lockout. A lockout is where the doors are locked to keep employees from going to work, a strike is where employees refuse to work.

It was only reported correctly for the first few days. Then the "big brother" types (or what ever your belief system has you calling them) stepped in and said "its a strike", the next thing you knew people in the news and on the street all over the US were acting like the locked out workers were evil greedy strikers, just as bad as terrorists, messing with the economy, etc.

The lockout was done because the company and the union couldnt come to an agreement on three main things, safety, and moving jobs out of the US, and the increased workload without increasing pay due to having those jobs cut or moved out of the US.

Sorry about my rant.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:21 PM

Car: Right now 93 Lumina
Engine: 3.4 DOHC
Transmission: 4T60-E
ok just to get back to the topic saturn what makes the GMC typhoon ECM so important i mean couldnt you use the ECM off a 3800 supercharged boneville does are easier to find, or is there something found in the typoon thats not in the bonneville?? i mean they are both v6

BTW - kidrch did you ever figure it out??
Old 08-09-2003, 01:54 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by D M N
ok just to get back to the topic saturn what makes the GMC typhoon ECM so important i mean couldnt you use the ECM off a 3800 supercharged boneville does are easier to find, or is there something found in the typoon thats not in the bonneville?? i mean they are both v6

BTW - kidrch did you ever figure it out??
Its not so much the 749 ECM, than the code, mask $58 that the syclone and typhoon use (and turbo sunbird).

The ECM difference is the Sunbird Turbo uses 4 P/H TPI injectors which require 2 injector drivers. This is the major difference between the 749 and 730. The 730 has an additional quad ouput driver that the 749 lacks (CCP, AIR solenoids).

So long as you use saturated TPI injectors, a 730 can be used in place of a 749 as wired in a SyTy. It will not replace a 749 as used in a Sunbird Turbo.

The $58 code has been totally hacked and commented, with lots of software support, something that the 3800 SC may not be available.

Another possibilty, is the Turbo Gran Prix code, ($8E IIRC) which uses a 727.. which is the weatherproof version of a 730. But for me the $58 code works fine for my requirements.

BW
Old 08-09-2003, 02:03 PM
Banned

Car: 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 305 LB9 TPI
Transmission: 700-R4
Originally posted by D M N
hahah funny man ok lets see how smart you are this is from my review for my finals

what is the solution to the system of equations x^2-x+6=y and 2x+2y=36?

BTW - i'm going to be a junior and i'm actually in ramidial math

ok just so we wont waist time on this fool 40k miles on a 10yr old engine man that is rare
depends on what you wanted but
solution 1
y= 2(9- squarerootof 3) or -14.535898384862245412945107316
x= 2 (squarerootof 3) or 3.4641016151377545870548926830

solution 2
y = 2(9+ squarerootof 3) or 21.464101615137754587054892683
x= -2 (squarerootof 3) or -3.4641016151377545870548926830

or if you wanted me to graph them well i wont. thats just too easy.

i learned this back in 7th grade d00d. too easy.

Last edited by therckid; 08-09-2003 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:00 PM
Banned

Car: 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 305 LB9 TPI
Transmission: 700-R4
Originally posted by 89RsPower!
dont waste your time with the IT bs.. i took a 2 year program for cisco systems and got certified.. some very nice pieces of paper no doubt.. just wish i could find an employer that actually gave a rats *** that i had em.. i currently work as a mechanic..
well d00d i'm sorry you didn't goto a school like mine. My junior year my school gets me an intership at this big company headhquartered here in jacksonville called MODIS. Our seinior year we get a guarenteed job, and they can't fire us for atleast a year after school ends(signed in a contract with the school board).
My school doesn't have teachers for our vocational classes, we have certified teachers from a big company called I/Tech. Our cysco classes and some others are teachers from the FCCJ college. Now all theses classes teach us stuff we take a test on right. Well the school board now has the best tech program in the state of florida, maybe the country, because we get free professional classes and free vouchers for tests.
Now noone knows where all this money is coming from but my freshmen year they started upgrading everything and when my sophomore year came around we had the best computer systems out then, an OP5 i-net connection, and all kinds of stuff. Later released to cost the school board 3.5 million dollars, just for my school.
I guess my school is almost guarenteeing us students interested in taking the jobs and the classes, our success we deserve. Now if you have an objection to whatever was said my school A. Philip Randolph Academies of Technology has been featured in a quite a few magazines and in one of the pictures i'm in it.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Supreme Member

Car: A Camaro
Engine: Weak
Transmission: Weaker
I hope you never get a job fixing anything. In two years there could be a massive string of system failures because the servers overheated from being covered in faux fur. But at least it was duct taped on and you have an "150 IQ" which helps soooo much in figuring out which weighs more; an iron-headed second generation small block or an aluminum headed second generation small block, but I guess you "know a lot about cars and shizz." Does the 150 IQ help with spelling...lets check just the last post:
goto= go to?
intership = internship?
headhquartered = headquartered?
seinior = senior?
guarenteed = guaranteed?
atleast = at least?
noone = no one?

I put your last post in Microsoft Word and the little paper clip dude just deleted himself; you killed my Microsoft Word assistant. You lack any real world knowledge of anything related to cars...other than fur. You come on this board, insult senior members, waste server space with useless posts and draw threads off topic. Don't post anymore, nobody here wants to hear it, go talk to your fur and take tests "proving" you're the next Einstein, don't post anymore, pretty simple, but you just don't get it.

Anyhoo Saturn5, your car is awesome. It's awesome to see innovation like this, especially on this board. Is the boost relatively uniform from both blowers? Run it all out and let us know how it goes.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:08 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by TonyC
I hope you never get a job fixing anything. In two years there could be a massive string of system failures because the servers overheated from being covered in faux fur. But at least it was duct taped on and you have an "150 IQ" which helps soooo much in figuring out which weighs more; an iron-headed second generation small block or an aluminum headed second generation small block, but I guess you "know a lot about cars and shizz." Does the 150 IQ help with spelling...lets check just the last post:
goto= go to?
intership = internship?
headhquartered = headquartered?
seinior = senior?
guarenteed = guaranteed?
atleast = at least?
noone = no one?

I put your last post in Microsoft Word and the little paper clip dude just deleted himself; you killed my Microsoft Word assistant. You lack any real world knowledge of anything related to cars...other than fur. You come on this board, insult senior members, waste server space with useless posts and draw threads off topic. Don't post anymore, nobody here wants to hear it, go talk to your fur and take tests "proving" you're the next Einstein, don't post anymore, pretty simple, but you just don't get it.

Anyhoo Saturn5, your car is awesome. It's awesome to see innovation like this, especially on this board. Is the boost relatively uniform from both blowers? Run it all out and let us know how it goes.
unfortunitly half this thread is kidcrth's useless drivle.

You know, I'm changing to a T400... I could always run by Hancock Fabrics and duct tape some fur on the tranny case.. maybe try and pass it off to the techs as a tranny blanket.. yeah thats it..

Thanks, once I get the T400 in and some tuning, I'll take it back to the track.. see if the JY 305 lives to ride again..

Boost is a combined value.. I am taking for granted that both blowers are outputing the same psi.

BW

Last edited by SATURN5; 08-10-2003 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:22 AM
Supreme Member

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
Car: 87TA 87Form 71Mach1 93FleetWB 04Cum
Originally posted by B4Ctom1
HEY MAN! DONT GET DOWN ON MOVING JOBS OFF SHORE! j/k read on:
Easy for you to say, you're not currently looking for a new job. Seems like 1/3 of the people that I know in my field are looking for work, and the rest are so pissed of that they're considering quitting (the openings exist, but employers aren't filling them, resulting in the those that are still working being expected to work 60-80hrs a week for less pay). At the same time I’ve got a recruiter that contacts me weekly with a few more job openings… in SriLanka. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that I’m not a billionaire looking for a few billion more $ (let me go check my wallet, but I’m pretty sure)
Old 08-11-2003, 09:15 AM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by 83 Crossfire TA
Easy for you to say, you're not currently looking for a new job. Seems like 1/3 of the people that I know in my field are looking for work, and the rest are so pissed of that they're considering quitting (the openings exist, but employers aren't filling them, resulting in the those that are still working being expected to work 60-80hrs a week for less pay). At the same time I’ve got a recruiter that contacts me weekly with a few more job openings… in SriLanka. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that I’m not a billionaire looking for a few billion more $ (let me go check my wallet, but I’m pretty sure)
Dont misunderstand me, that was a bite or flame on those corporate bozo's giving our jobs away to people that work for pennys to put another buck or two in thier own pocket. My job is in jeopardy every day. Once or twice a year, no thanks to stock market manipulation by these "profit takers" I lose my job and I am forced to a job out of town as long as my seniority will hold, if it doesnt hold then I am essentially jobless for a month or two each year.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have read this entire post and have a couple comments. First off I love the twin blowers, well thought out and executed nicely. Second (to kidrcth) wake up d00d. I have a nephew with the same dream as you, or at least he had one. After tech school and more certs than he can name he is working as a phone tech for Earthlink trouble shooting dial up connection problems for customers who can't figure out how to get on the internet. His dreams of a shiny new Lotus have been put on the back burner for now.

It's smarter to do research on the topic before you enter a debate than to debate on a topic you know little about. And just plain idiotic to start a debate on a topic you know nothing about.

Nice job Saturn, it's refreshing to see that most of the collective brain cells on this board are not stunted. Hint, hint.

Last edited by Swapmaster; 08-21-2003 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
Engine: LS3
Transmission: 6L80E
Axle/Gears: 3.27
great just what we need; another snot nosed IT jack***
1. Gee, don't be so mean to those worthless pencil-**** IT guys...comparing them to this kid...

2. Glad to see that this kid's high school is requiring personality classes before attending college.

3. Are they letting him go to community college because the McDonalds turned him down?

4. Tony C...great comments...totally LMAO

Saturn5, sorry about the hijacked thread (I will apologize for the kid because he apparently doesn't realize that he should)...but it is one of the best ones I have seen on TGO...Seriously cool tech and comic relief too...
Old 08-22-2003, 02:35 AM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by 88TPI406GTA

hm hmm hm hm he said "****"
Old 08-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Supreme Member

Thread content: Did I miss talk of a possible water injection setup earlier, or have you thought about it Saturn5?
Old 08-22-2003, 08:31 PM
Supreme Member

Thread content: Did I miss talk of a possible water injection setup earlier, or have you thought about it Saturn5?

A two stage WI system is on the planning board. First stage will inject water behind the TB, the second stage will kick in a few psi higher and spray both intercoolers externally. The same controller will also control the air door I've made in the bumper. Basically the license plate flips down to allow more air directly to the intercoolers.

BW
Attached Thumbnails Twin Eatons alive-plate-down.jpg  
Old 08-22-2003, 08:33 PM
Supreme Member

Is the license plate setup motorized, manual, cable, or does it just fall down at higher speeds (weak spring)?

Pretty sweet...the spray into the TB is going to contain a bit of alcohol, right? My research on my old Turbo Talon indicated that guys were doing this to help cool EGT's a bit too on humid days.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:04 PM
Supreme Member

Is the license plate setup motorized, manual, cable, or does it just fall down at higher speeds (weak spring)?

Pretty sweet...the spray into the TB is going to contain a bit of alcohol, right? My research on my old Turbo Talon indicated that guys were doing this to help cool EGT's a bit too on humid days.
It will be raised and lowered via MAP signal, and controlled by a fbody headlight actuator. I'm drawing up a controller using a lm339 and a a 555 timer or two. (a just for grins project). You could also use a hobbs switch and relay.

Yes it will be a alc/h2o mix.

BW
Old 08-23-2003, 10:22 AM

hahaa dam thats awsome but that aint legal
Old 08-23-2003, 02:29 PM

Car: 1985 Mustang GT
Engine: hamsters
Transmission: a hamster wheel
That license plate thing is a wicked cool idea Mr Bond
Old 09-04-2003, 07:05 PM

have you ever gotten this thing dynowed
Old 04-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 86 Z28
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: TBD
Originally posted by therckid
d00d i ask my grand pa for anything and he'll get it for me.... he's filthy rich. he's got a rusted down 1964 1/2 mustang in his yard and he says if i can ever get it its mine to do what ever. He's also got some old rusted corvettes too but one has the side frame bent a bit. its correctible though. he said if i want one of them id have to be the one with the frame not bent cause the other has a decent condition engine(meaning its a little easier to bring backto life). he wants to bring it back now that he's retired. he may live in hill billy town and in west virginia but he's got money from being a coal minor all his life. i ask for somethigns he'll get them.
this guy was jokin right?
Old 04-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 86 Z28
Engine: 305
Axle/Gears: TBD
sorry double post
Old 04-18-2005, 06:14 PM

Car: 1989 RS
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: 700R4
That is one sick and unique engine compartment, great work!

As for IQ 158 boy

i'm such a special case
I read this whole thread and this is the only thing he said that I truly believe.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by redcamaro83
this guy was jokin right?
I have great news for you...do a user search on therckid...best entertainment on TGO...hands down.

Mostly because it isn't just one dumb question...but a whole series that weave a tapestry showing what can happen when certain genetic defects happen

Also, this thread is pretty old...but SATURN5 is still cool for making it happen
Old 04-19-2005, 02:59 AM
TGO Supporter

I think this post might be older that some of the members posting in it!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:17 PM

Car: 1989 iroc Z Hardtop
Engine: 350 tpi
I kno this thread is old but...

This things awesome! is it still around somewhere? did the 305 blow up? is Saturn5 still on here?
Howd the license plate thing work?
Old 04-22-2005, 04:03 PM

Car: lookin around!
That is baaad man The color on the Intake is pimp
Old 04-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Supreme Member

Nope....

Good grief Charle Brown... dust off the archives..

Nope I've pulled the Bu apart.

I have the driveline, and blower setup gathering dust in my garage. I traded the Bu rolling shell to my nephew for a 98 FZR 600 and am currently working on my SVO.

Its now getting a LS1 and T56 once he comes and drags it over to his garage.

The original 305 finally gave up the ghost, collapsing a piston skirt but never did explode even tho it did not have crap for oil pressure even with straight 50 weight when hot.

The replacement shortblock is a 90 roller 305 with a LT1 cam and everything else being the same.

It was a cool project, however I got tired of replacing belts all the time, the blowers just had so much stress that they would kill a belt every two weeks at $25 a pop.

Anyways, I'm working on getting a 749 to run on the SVO, gathering parts for a fresh head and looking for a HY35 once I build a header.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:35 AM

Car: 91 GTA, 91 Formula, 89 TTA
Engine: all 225+ RWHP
Transmission: all OD
Axle/Gears: Always the good ones
Saturn5 the 'Bu will never be forgotten and was a fun mean little ride :-)

I remember the first time I met you and heard that damned thing whistling as you pulled into the cruise spot lol

Or getting 10 psi after you showed me it only had 3psi on the oil guage :-)

the foud memories lol

Unique and homebuilt are always the neatest projects.

later
Jeremy
Old 05-05-2005, 09:54 PM

Car: 1984 Camaro on steroids/ 1987 iroc-z28 5 speed.
Engine: 383 nitrous motor / poindexter 305
Transmission: Th350
wow, I just reread this ENTIRE thread to remember how stupid some people in the universe are....

What is this SVO you are talking about?

Last edited by REALPOWER; 05-05-2005 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by REALPOWER
wow, I just reread this ENTIRE thread to remember how stupid some people in the universe are....

What is this SVO you are talking about?
Dis one..

Working out the bugs on swapping the EECIV for a 7749.
Attached Thumbnails Twin Eatons alive-svo-good-side-2.jpg  
Old 05-06-2005, 08:44 PM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by SATURN5
Dis one..

Working out the bugs on swapping the EECIV for a 7749.
do you know how to swap it the other way around?

I mean to use an EEC on a TPI?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1990 Camaro RS
Engine: Juiced 5.0 TBI - 300rwhp
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Eaton Posi, 10 Bolt
Since this thread is back up here.

Some props to Saturn.

He inspired me!
Old 05-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Supreme Member

do you know how to swap it the other way around?

I mean to use an EEC on a TPI?
Haven't looked into that...
Old 05-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Supreme Member

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
Car: 87TA 87Form 71Mach1 93FleetWB 04Cum
There’s a local guy that comes into the shop that has done it on a 455 Olds or buick… says it runs fine once he figured out the right combination of MAF and injectors. The EEC is surprisingly flexable compared to the gm ecms, but more of a pain to change once you get to the point where you need to do that.