Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

Anybody who has some good exp. with nos on TPI need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2001, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 z82
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: pro-built 700r4: 2400 stall
hey guys long time but ...

I think I got it all under control now

I'm all the way down to a 32 fuel jet and still a little to rich
I have a 75 no2 jet and it all seems to point to just way way way way too rich

but after spenind all that money trying to figure it out thats what it was all along
I just didn't want to step down too far too fast

BTW thoes colder plugs and MSD cap rotor and Wires freaking rule!! much better

anyway thanks for all of you help in this pain of a prob
THANKS A BUNCH
P.S. I'll get some Time slips soon and share them with you guys
THANKS
HECUBUS

------------------
Hecubus
Check out my new site http://www.geocities.com/hecubus91
91-Z28 305 Tpi "G92" mods-- K$N/Foil/Cat Back 3" Flowmaster/3" High Flow Cat/B&M shifter/ Intrax Springs/ Kyb Shock's-Struts's/Poly Bushings/Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/Nos Wet Plate System currently ~200hp shot/ 155lph Fuel Pump/ Holly Adj. Fuel Press. Regulator/Digital Fuel,Air-fuel, voltage & Oil Press Guage's/MSD 6al/ Blaster coil/ Optima,Yellow top batt.

"I spent all my money on race cars, beer, and Broads... The Rest I wasted"
Old 05-08-2001, 12:47 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hecubus:
I've ran several bottles threw it and no prob now all of a sudden at WOT it boggs.

not to belabor the post & drag it on forever but, here is your original post. how can you have run several bottles & now all of a sudden it boggs? did you change something & then it suddenly bog? Not a big deal, just not following is all. did this happen when you went from the 150 shot to the 200 shot?

BW

------------------
Bob Wooten
71 Camaro, 91 EFI
r71chevy@earthlink.net
www.r71camaro.homestead.com
<><
Old 05-10-2001, 08:15 PM

Would it be possible for the MAT sensor to be malfunctioning? If you have relocated the sensor to the air box in front of the throttle body, ignore this. I don't have any other suggestions... By the way, nice meeting you at Famoso last weekend and thanks for the regulator! Hopefully we can hook up again in the near future. SC3GFB.org is planning a trip to Nojouqui falls in about a month, maybe you could join up. Send me an e-mail.

------------------
1991 Camaro RS/Z28,polished TPI, 355ci. Sportsman 11 heads, LT-4 Hot cam,Pete Jackson gear drive, on,and on, and on... 13.4 @ 104.8 with a 2:77 rear, no traction, no tuning, no practice. Car is pictured in Chevy High Performance magazine, June 2000 issue.
http://www.geocities.com/jasonsz28us/INDEX.htm

1997 GMC Yukon, 4 wheel drive, leather, loaded, Gibson exhaust, K&N intake, Boston pro series speakers..... That's it so far.

1969 Camaro,12 point cage, total project right now, I am planning an LS1 - T56 - and a Vette independent rear. Pro Touring crowd, look out! 8^)
Old 05-10-2001, 09:07 PM

Whoever told you to gap the plugs at .045 is not to bright. Even with MSD you shouldnt set them wider than .035 on the spray.
Old 05-11-2001, 02:15 AM

Car: 91 z82
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: pro-built 700r4: 2400 stall
Bob

That I couldn,t reall figure out either

Trust me when I say that I really wanted to find out FOR SHURE what the problem was

I didn't change a thing except one injector went bad and there was no change after that it still didn't work at all

I wish I could find out what caused such a drastic change
but anyway I have found now just by trial and error that it was wat too rich and I've got it working now ...the real test is to see if it ever changes again...if it does then I would say that there's some kind of a problem with the fuel pump....but I had a constant pressure .... I really dont know but I'll post again if anything changes

Jason

Ya it was good meeting you there too ..theres really no one in this town to talk to about any third gen stuff ..it was nice seeing your car on others there..
I want to make a couple or runs soon and see what I'm running
no prob. for the regulator I was never going to get any use of it I'll drop you a email soon ..

87z-ya

I was told by MANY people that I shoud gap them at .045 as long as I have a MSD
I'm not too shure what's up with that ...but I did get a very noticable throttle response
I really would like to know why I shouldn't seriously ..I have heard people sat that the higer the cylinder pressure the harder it is to spark ... and then I was told that a MSD wold be able to handle it

Thanks

------------------
Hecubus
Check out my new site http://www.geocities.com/hecubus91
91-Z28 305 Tpi "G92" mods-- K$N/Foil/Cat Back 3" Flowmaster/3" High Flow Cat/B&M shifter/ Intrax Springs/ Kyb Shock's-Struts's/Poly Bushings/Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/Nos Wet Plate System currently ~200hp shot/ 155lph Fuel Pump/ Holly Adj. Fuel Press. Regulator/Digital Fuel,Air-fuel, voltage & Oil Press Guage's/MSD 6al/ Blaster coil/ Optima,Yellow top batt.

"I spent all my money on race cars, beer, and Broads... The Rest I wasted"
Old 05-11-2001, 08:48 AM

cool