Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

Any experience with that turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 Yellow Iroc Z w/LS interiors
Engine: 305ci 5.0L
Transmission: 700r4
Any experience with that turbo kit?

Is anyone here who have a this kit from this company? How is about is the quallity of those manifold? how is fitment? any issues with them?
Old 05-09-2009, 11:57 PM

Car: 91 Firebird Formula
Engine: For me to know.....
Transmission: and you to find out....
Re: Any experience with that turbo kit?

we need a link to say "good" or "bad" =(
Old 05-12-2009, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by metalhead212121
we need a link to say "good" or "bad" =(

http://xs-power.com/gm-turbo-manifolds-3.htm

Sorry!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:11 PM

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Car: '89 Formula WS6
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700r4/T56
Axle/Gears: BW 3.23

I have gotten mixed feelings and responses to their quality and fitment. Seems it's one of those things where hardly anyone has first hand experience with them. However everyone has heard a horror story somewhere along the line and repeats what they have heard from someone else. The most common thing repeated is the fact that they are stainless and crack prone or that they rot out quickly. However over on turbo fords forum several people run them on stangs with reinforcing bracing and have been running them with great results. My concern was that they don't show what belt system they fit with and could not get any feedback from anyone on this board that has tried them. They do appear to be a copy of the BBS designs headers. BBS however has two designs, one for v-groove and one for serpentine. The serpentine appears to be angled more to clear the a/c compressor and the XS power seems to mount the turbo straight. My final judgement was they are chinese and probably will be garbage as most "cheap" chinese parts are. You get what you pay for.

Slight threadjack, I have even tried to contact someone with BBS to inquire if they have tried to fit a .70 a/r with a/c delete on their serpentine system and if so what is the interferences. I was rushed off the phn and told they where on another call and I would get called back and never was. I know they state .60 A/R max key word "with a/c". Has anyone used larger turbo's than what is stated on BBS's website?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:30 PM

Car: 1987 IROC
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10-Bolt 3.73

There cheap enough that you may as well try them out. There are cheap copies of the BBS design but forget about buying a header from BBS, I've been calling them almost everyday for 2 weeks and have not gotten an answer on either the office or cell line yet. My only concern is how much room is left for the downpipe with the stock A/C box still in place and how tight is it to get to the spark plugs with this design?
Old 05-13-2009, 04:16 PM

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Car: '89 Formula WS6
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700r4/T56
Axle/Gears: BW 3.23

Wll I found a post by BBS "The primaries ID are 1.375" dia. The crossover pipe is 2 1/2" dia. The biggest downpipe I had fit is 3" dia with A/C. I currently have a 3.5" downpipe which fits perfectly in my personal setup but I dont have A/C or even a 1LE A/C delete box, just an aluminum sheet metal." That should answer your downpipe question.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Anti-Venom
Wll I found a post by BBS "The primaries ID are 1.375" dia. The crossover pipe is 2 1/2" dia. The biggest downpipe I had fit is 3" dia with A/C. I currently have a 3.5" downpipe which fits perfectly in my personal setup but I dont have A/C or even a 1LE A/C delete box, just an aluminum sheet metal." That should answer your downpipe question.
Thats, that is helpful. I think I'm just gonna buy these XS Power headers and see how they fit in person. There cheap enough that if they don't work it won't be the end of the world. I just gotta wrap up some other projects before I dive into this one. I'll post pics when I get everything mocked up unless somebody beats me to it...
Old 05-13-2009, 09:38 PM

I just receive an answer for an email that i sen t XS and it read like that.

Hello there, unfortunately we do not have any pics of the item being installed on a car. however we are looking for any participants that would like to install it on there car and take clear cut picture of the installation setup. We will refund 50% of the item price if done. Would you be interested? You cannot retain your AC. Thanks
>
>> Hello i want to have more info. in the turbo set up that you have for
>> 82-92
>> camaro/TAs.
>>
>> You have pics of the kit into a car? Can I still retain the AC? How fast
>> are
>> the car that are using it?
>>
>> Any dyno data? Thanks.

Is a good deal for someone who look to install the in the summer!!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by fastsspr
I just receive an answer for an email that i sen t XS and it read like that.

Hello there, unfortunately we do not have any pics of the item being installed on a car. however we are looking for any participants that would like to install it on there car and take clear cut picture of the installation setup. We will refund 50% of the item price if done. Would you be interested? You cannot retain your AC. Thanks
>
>> Hello i want to have more info. in the turbo set up that you have for
>> 82-92
>> camaro/TAs.
>>
>> You have pics of the kit into a car? Can I still retain the AC? How fast
>> are
>> the car that are using it?
>>
>> Any dyno data? Thanks.

Is a good deal for someone who look to install the in the summer!!

I wish I was ready to jump into this project, I would take them up on that offer but I'm a few months away from starting this just yet. As far as the A/C goes, it might be a problem with the serp set up but any 87 or older cars have the A/C mounted on the drivers side so it shouldn't be a problem.