South Central Region Board for the states of Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisana.

My friend's 3rd gen. saved his life

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friend's 3rd gen. saved his life

I don't know if any of ya'll saw a wreck on 1960 at Pinehurst trails last night at about 7:10 but my best friends and another one of my friends were in his 92 RS 25th anniv. Camaro when they were T-Boned by a early 90's Honda Passport. I was filling the truck up on gas at the Phillips 66 station, when my friend saw me, & yelled my name as he began to turn into the station, I looked away right when he was turning across 1960 from the turning lane, to put my gascap back on when I heard the collision, I saw everything, gas, plastic, glass, steel, fly off both cars & my friends Camaro do 2 spins before coming to a rest & the Passport rolling over 2 times. I sprinted across the road & ran up the pasenger side seeing my best friend the driver w/ his head & shoulders hanging out the passenger side window, unconcious across my other friend in the passenger side who was also unconcious, I thought my friend hanging out the window was dead & I was afraid of what I was going to see, I put my hands on his shoulders to stabilize him & began calling out his name, "Dana", then my other friend regained conciousness, but was in just a blur confused at what just happened, my friend started to breath real heavy, & very labored so I thought he was choking on his own blood, because it was pouring from his mouth & face. I was about to pull him out of the car, then I saw the ambulence pull up & paramedics come running over....they were very close because they were eating dinner at the Chinese food place across the street. I backed away & called his parents on my cell, tried to stay calm & tell them what happened. I began to look around & saw all the people that were gathering around to see what was going on, gas was all over my shoes & the ground all over the road. The headlight off my buddy's car was in the gas station driveway, a couple State troopers arrived & got my statement, then I called my mom, my girlfriend, & another friend that is a vol. firefighter/EMT for the Atascocita Volunteer Fire Department(AVFD), he told me that they called Hermann life flight & sure enough they arrived, landed on 1960 & took away both my friends.

We went to the hospital & both me & several other friends got a hold of some other friends & so there were about 20 of us there. My friend Ben Coroner got dismissed this morning, & they're dismissing my friend Dana Schuiten this afternoon. We still haven't seen the car yet at the salvage yard but were going today, we probably aren't going to part it because insurance will give them more for it then we can get in parts... The Passport hit him in the passenger side front quarter panel, square on the right front wheel on the axle, his 3,600lb. steel beast of a vehicle saved his life though & I am grateful for both their lives. I can't tell you how scared I was that I was going to lose both of them mearly 2 weeks before we graduate.

Sorry for such a long post but it has hit me hard, & I know it was relative to this board.

-Timbo-
Old 05-11-2002, 12:58 PM

WOW! I guess I should be glad I also have a 92. I hope your friends recover. Too bad they're not parting it out though. I could use some parts.
Old 05-11-2002, 05:29 PM

Yea they released by one of them today & I just got back from Hermann they said they're releasing the driver tommoroww...All he broke was his pinkey on his left hand, cuts on his face & his face is swollen, but he's on vicatin so itz all good. The car is absolutely totaled, so is the Pathfinder that hit him. But they're both going to be alright in a few days.
Old 05-11-2002, 05:48 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for your friend and everything
Old 05-12-2002, 08:18 AM

Who was at fault?
Old 05-12-2002, 10:26 AM

Well it looks like my friend is going to get "Failure to yield right-of-way", but the other guy in the Pathfinder ran the red light & was was speeding when he did it so he was probably going 60+ when he hit him. We took like 50 pictures a lot of them digital so I'll post them when I get a hold of them. I'll let ya'll know if my friend & his dad decide to part it but thats unlikely.

-Timbo-
Old 05-25-2002, 11:55 AM

Glad to hear everyone is okay, tell them goodluck from everyone at thirdgen
Old 05-30-2002, 09:11 AM

what about the people in the pasport? 2 rolls in an suv at like 60 cant be good. so what happened to them? hope ur friends revover fine

kolby
Old 05-31-2002, 01:35 PM

It was just one guy delivering pizza in the Passport, I guess the official police report says he was going 70 not 60 & he didn't even try to stop.... He hit his head on the top of the car & hurt both his forearms but I guess he's ok.
Old 06-13-2002, 09:30 AM

Glad that everyone is ok ..
Old 06-13-2002, 05:09 PM

Yea He's fine just has a couple pins in his pinkey that r coming out next week... was wanting to get a 5 spd. 3rd gen. Z28....but has ended up getting a 97 6 spd. Z28...its still a camaro so I can't be pissed at him.

-Timbo-
Old 07-13-2002, 09:44 PM

Car: 86 Camaro Iroc-z, 86 Corvette
Engine: 350 TPI Camaro, 350 tpi Corvette
Transmission: 700R4
Glad everyone is ok
Old 07-15-2002, 11:22 AM

Well hey I am glad to hear everbody is ok and I can vouch for the durabillity of the thirdgen camaros. I also was just involved in a reck that totalled my 88 camaro coupe. The car was nothing special but it is a thirdgen and is therfore almos identicalr in the body. I was t-boned at aprox. 45 miles and hour on the passenger side in the door and rear quartar pannel. it was me and my cousin in the car. the car did a 360 when we were hit by a toyota tacoma neither one of us got anything worse than a little whiplash but the colission totalled both cars. I have however considered parting the car out or selling it as is rather than fix it myself. it still drives great and I only got 80k miles on the original stock 305 five its got a five speed manual transmission. oh yeah and by totalled I mean barely. insurance was gonna give me $2,800 for the car and they estimated $3,000 in damage so it was close but if anybody is interested gimme a holla.