Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC? - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards


South East Region Regional Board for South East Members.

Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2015, 10:07 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2
Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

I'm new to the forums and the upstate. I just wanted to say hello. I have a 87 Z28, 305 TBI, Auto. The car is in rough shape its going to be a ground up build. My dad gave me the car several years ago and I hadnt had time to mess with it. Not sure what I'll do as far as driveline goes. I've been considering a LT1 T56 swap.
Adam0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:33 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 489
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Welcome! I think there's a few people around in the upstate but most I know are in Columbia or Charleston. It seems the SC guys aren't quite as active as they used to be.

Are you sure it's an 87 or that it's TBI? In 87 the non-TPI 305s were all carbed. The TBI motors didn't debut until 88. Does the car currently run and drive? Let's see a pic or two!... I'll say that unless you can find a screaming deal on an LT1, I'd skip right over that and go LSx. There's much more aftermarket support for them plus the power potential and efficiency of those engines are just unbelievable.
86firebird350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:27 AM   #3
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

It's 100% a 87 and it's definitely TBI. I suppose it's a possibility that whoever had it before May have swapped it. I have two full TPI's and a 350 with a spun rod bearing that I might put in it. The car doesn't drive or run lol. When my dad parked it it had a bad tranny. Then he sold the hood on it and water got inside and seized the engine. I'm gonna try and get it running and driving a cheaply as possible without sacrificing quality.
Adam0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 125
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

I live just south of Rock Hill. I have a 91 and love this car. If you find a good deal on an LT1 I'd say go for it. 86Firebird350 is right, they have a lot less support than the LSX motors for aftermarket parts but it's much easier to swap in an LT1 than it is an LS though. TPI and TBI can also be fun though.
Es_91rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 489
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Es_91rs View Post
I live just south of Rock Hill. I have a 91 and love this car. If you find a good deal on an LT1 I'd say go for it. 86Firebird350 is right, they have a lot less support than the LSX motors for aftermarket parts but it's much easier to swap in an LT1 than it is an LS though. TPI and TBI can also be fun though.
How far south? I'm more on the eastern side, right off exit 79. I think you're one of the only (if not THE only) Rock Hill 3rd genner from the forums I've come across. I know EBMiller is in Fort Mill but he's not too active anymore.

How do you like the EBL? I bought it to use with my 350TBI swap in my old Firebird but never could get it running to a point where I could really use the software. I'm thinking of getting the P4 version for the my GTA once I'm ready to start modding.
86firebird350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:35 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 125
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86firebird350 View Post
How far south? I'm more on the eastern side, right off exit 79. I think you're one of the only (if not THE only) Rock Hill 3rd genner from the forums I've come across. I know EBMiller is in Fort Mill but he's not too active anymore.

How do you like the EBL? I bought it to use with my 350TBI swap in my old Firebird but never could get it running to a point where I could really use the software. I'm thinking of getting the P4 version for the my GTA once I'm ready to start modding.
I live about 10 minutes south of Rock Hill in the Fort Lawn area. Haven't met anyone else around this area that messes with third gens though.

I love the EBL flash. I got it working with my netbook so I can tune with the ve learn while I drive and it's made modding my car so easy. Of course I work on computers for a living so that definitely helps. Best mod I've invested in hands down.
Es_91rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:31 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 489
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Hell that's just a straight shot down 21 for me. I looked at a 2000 WS6 in Fort Lawn over the summer. He had a ridiculous price on it because he didn't really want to sell it. I thought I could talk him down but he was pretty attached.

Yeah I've found the stock ECM leaves a lot to be desired in performance and adaptability once the mods begin. It's definitely a worthwhile upgrade, even with as little experience as I had with it.

Any plans to check out the Auto Fair in a couple weeks? I'm trying to get my power windows fixed now so I can actually drive this car in the warm weather (no a/c either currently) and it would be cool to be able to cruise up there with another 3rd gen.
86firebird350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 125
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Unfortunately I can't. I'm in the Air Force Reserve and that's the same weekend I've gotta be on base. Really wish I could though.
Es_91rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:38 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 413
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

I'm in Clover, SC just south of the NC boarder near Charlotte. We're building a 83 Camaro and putting in a 383 with a T56. Still have lots of work to do, but the engine and tranny are done. Just haven't installed it yet.
Strick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:45 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 125
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Good stuff man. You'll really like the t56 setup. Did you get get a digital speedometer or did you get a t56 that was rebuilt to work with your mechanical speedometer? Also if you haven't gotten a cross member yet look at the ones that relocate the torque arm bar. That will save your trans from some stress.
Es_91rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:49 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 413
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Es_91rs View Post
Good stuff man. You'll really like the t56 setup. Did you get get a digital speedometer or did you get a t56 that was rebuilt to work with your mechanical speedometer? Also if you haven't gotten a cross member yet look at the ones that relocate the torque arm bar. That will save your trans from some stress.
We haven't got that far yet. I have an older Sphon cross member but it appears to interfere with the exhaust. What brands are you talking about? Thanks
Strick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 125
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

I highly recommend going with UMI or BMR. I used a BMR cross member and it was a perfect fit. I've also used a couple UMI items and have never been disappointed. For the rear suspension I highly recommend Founders Performance. They have a great setup for rear lower control arms and the panhard, they're who I ordered from. And look at Hawks third gen for some of the parts. They're right in Easley on the other side of Spartanburg. I drove out there yesterday for some parts and the guys out there are awesome, super knowledgeable and very helpful if you have any questions.
Es_91rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:33 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 413
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Es_91rs View Post
I highly recommend going with UMI or BMR. I used a BMR cross member and it was a perfect fit. I've also used a couple UMI items and have never been disappointed. For the rear suspension I highly recommend Founders Performance. They have a great setup for rear lower control arms and the panhard, they're who I ordered from. And look at Hawks third gen for some of the parts. They're right in Easley on the other side of Spartanburg. I drove out there yesterday for some parts and the guys out there are awesome, super knowledgeable and very helpful if you have any questions.
Thanks for the tips. BTW thank you for your service. You'll have to tell me more about the place in Easley.
Strick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:14 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 125
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

No problem man, and thank you for the support. As for Hawks their site is hawksthirdgenparts.com they have just about anything you'd need. I just went out there and got a bunch of stuff for my 91. Got in an accident Monday morning and have some repairs to do.
Es_91rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 489
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Es_91rs View Post
No problem man, and thank you for the support. As for Hawks their site is hawksthirdgenparts.com they have just about anything you'd need. I just went out there and got a bunch of stuff for my 91. Got in an accident Monday morning and have some repairs to do.
Hate to hear about the accident. I hope it's not too bad. I'm not much of a body guy, but if you need any help, just give me a shout and I'll help if I can.
86firebird350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:22 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 489
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick1 View Post
I'm in Clover, SC just south of the NC boarder near Charlotte. We're building a 83 Camaro and putting in a 383 with a T56. Still have lots of work to do, but the engine and tranny are done. Just haven't installed it yet.
Strick, good to see another Rock Hill/York/Clover member on here. Post up some pics of the car (or a link to the build thread if you've got one).
86firebird350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:30 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 125
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Thanks man I appreciate it. I got a new 2" cowl hood, front bumper cover, grille, headlights, and headlight mount bar for it. And eventually it'll get painted lol. But Strick definitely post some pics. Here's a couple of mine before and after the crash.




Es_91rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:48 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 413
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Well guys, the title of the thread is "83 Camaro\95 Caprice LT1\transplant"
It has some pictures but I need to update. I don't know how to post a link. I still have a flip phone.
Strick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:16 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 14
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Hey guys. New member from Rock Hill here. Just joined and in the market for a third gen Camaro preferably 85-92. Any advice on what to look for/avoid when shopping around? Thanks!
chubsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:08 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 413
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubsworth View Post
Hey guys. New member from Rock Hill here. Just joined and in the market for a third gen Camaro preferably 85-92. Any advice on what to look for/avoid when shopping around? Thanks!
Remember they are at least 23 years old. I'd look for things like where the car is from (don't want anything from the northeast-salt and rust). It will have miles on it so brakes and steering might need a little upgrading. The engine and tranny (auto) probably had some kind of work on it. In other words be ready to do some work on it. The gen 3 was not GM's best years. But I still like the shape of the 3rd gen and they are fairly easy to work on.
Strick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:16 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Eric Darr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 27
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Hey, guys, thought I'd introduce myself - I'm in Piedmont, SC. Just bought an 88 Camaro a month ago. This is my 4th thirdgen Camaro but it's been 16 years since my last one. This one is a 2.8 auto that I was going to do an LS swap in until my daughter decided it was her car. Now I'm just gonna get it running so it's a good, reliable car for her to enjoy.
Eric Darr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:18 AM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 4
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?


Morning Guys. Just joined the forum. I am in Spartanburg and just got my 1991 Z28 305TPI back on the road.

Last edited by Z28TPI305; 05-09-2015 at 08:31 AM.
Z28TPI305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:04 AM   #23
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
MustangEater82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 130
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Not the upstate... but charleston. 1985 camaro here... have had the motor down for about a year, getting ready to do a t56/350 swap. But trying to clean up under the hood while it is all out.
MustangEater82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:05 AM   #24
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 413
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Not the upstate... but charleston. 1985 camaro here... have had the motor down for about a year, getting ready to do a t56/350 swap. But trying to clean up under the hood while it is all out.
I feel your pain. I'm deep into a swap myself. So many questions to figure out.
Strick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:41 AM   #25
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
MustangEater82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 130
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Yeah... it's what engine setup? What fuel setup? pretty sure I want to go to fuel injection... do I go with a 4th gen fuel tank... I want to do all new brake lines... do I convert to 4th gen brakes? 4th gen rear, subframes, etc... new radiator, full aftermarket guages... single belt conversion..... just keeps going lol.
MustangEater82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 01:44 PM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 413
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Yeah... it's what engine setup? What fuel setup? pretty sure I want to go to fuel injection... do I go with a 4th gen fuel tank... I want to do all new brake lines... do I convert to 4th gen brakes? 4th gen rear, subframes, etc... new radiator, full aftermarket guages... single belt conversion..... just keeps going lol.
I've addressed all these topics. So far I've gone with the 95 LT1 fuel injection system run by the 95 PCM (lots of questions there, but I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel). Yes, I went with a 2001 Firebird plastic gas tank with the EVAP attached to it. We're also going with a disc brake upgrade. With our engine upgrades (383 with a GM hotcam and 1.6 roller rockers), we will be putting sub frame connectors and possibly a roll bar. I went with a Corvette accessory drive system that did away with cutting or modifing the K-member. Gauges????haven't got there. You have a lot of research ahead of you and don't listen to the guys that say it's a piece of cake. It's not. But if you have the time and money, it's fun.
Strick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:50 PM   #27
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 125
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

If any of you guys are wanting to attempt a t56 swap just let me know. I just went from a t5 to a t56 in mine so I have a lot of research done for the swap and should be able to point you in the right direction if you have any questions.
Es_91rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:34 PM   #28
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
MustangEater82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 130
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Es_91rs View Post
If any of you guys are wanting to attempt a t56 swap just let me know. I just went from a t5 to a t56 in mine so I have a lot of research done for the swap and should be able to point you in the right direction if you have any questions.
Good to know... what slave pedal setup did you use?
MustangEater82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:52 PM   #29
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 413
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Es_91rs View Post
If any of you guys are wanting to attempt a t56 swap just let me know. I just went from a t5 to a t56 in mine so I have a lot of research done for the swap and should be able to point you in the right direction if you have any questions.
Did you utilize the VSS? If not, how did you hook up the speedometer?
Strick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:38 PM   #30
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 125
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

I actually use the stock setup from the t5 in my car. This is working really well with my current setup for the time being. I may have to eventually swap for the 88 cavalier slave but I'm going to wait and see. I did have to extend my hydraulic line a bit to use that setup but it wasn't too difficult once I got a plan together on that. I can get pictures of that if you'd like in the near future.

As for the vss I have a 91 so I already had the electronic speedo. What I needed though was a Dakota Digital SCI-5 that reduced the pulses from the t56 VSS to the rate needed to work with my car. This is also really nice since it has buttons to allow me to adjust for the larger rear tires and, if I ever decide to get some, new gears.
Es_91rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #31
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 125
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick1 View Post
Did you utilize the VSS? If not, how did you hook up the speedometer?
Strick1 if you need a setup to go from an electronic VSS to a mechanical speedo unfortunately that isn't an easy thing. They do make a box that will do it but it's quite expensive (over $300). I would recommend saving a bit more for the trans and get one that's retrofitted to work with the mechanical speedo.
Es_91rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:26 AM   #32
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 413
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Es_91rs View Post

As for the vss I have a 91 so I already had the electronic speedo. What I needed though was a Dakota Digital SCI-5 that reduced the pulses from the t56 VSS to the rate needed to work with my car. This is also really nice since it has buttons to allow me to adjust for the larger rear tires and, if I ever decide to get some, new gears.
Funny you should mention the Dakota Digital SGi-5C which came with my purchase of the T56. I never knew what to do with it. But my plan is to go with an after market instrument panel which utilizes an electronic speedometer.

I also noticed you have Hedman headers and their Y pipe. Are you satisfied with them?
Strick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:30 AM   #33
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
MustangEater82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 130
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick1 View Post
Funny you should mention the Dakota Digital SGi-5C which came with my purchase of the T56. I never knew what to do with it. But my plan is to go with an after market instrument panel which utilizes an electronic speedometer.

I also noticed you have Hedman headers and their Y pipe. Are you satisfied with them?
My plan was an aftermarket Guage cluster I was hoping I could do one that can hook to a vss.
MustangEater82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:33 AM   #34
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 125
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

You may still want to keep the Dakota digital just in case. It may prove to be useful even with the aftermarket gauges. I'm not entirely sure where you should look for an aftermarket cluster that would work but even if you made your own it shouldn't be too bad.


As for the Headers and y-pipe I really am happy with their performance over stock. My only complaints are that to install the drivers side header I had to remove the steering shaft so that it would clear. And that the y-pipe is, like every other aftermarket y-pipe, very very close to the oil pan. The good side is that with these headers I can fit a full size spark plug in with no clearance issues and am able to now do a full tune up on my car without getting under it for the #6 and 8 spark plugs even with the AC. Definitely worth the $100 I paid for the whole kit.
Es_91rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:21 PM   #35
Member
 
green92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ANDERSON SC
Posts: 239
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Anderson here checking in ha. Been awhile since I been on here.
green92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:53 AM   #36
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Westminster, SC
Posts: 50
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Westminster here. I know it's an old thread but :hello: anyway.




The wife's Z28



My vert... needs work! :-D
Turbok9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:36 PM   #37
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 413
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

Hi and welcome. I'm in the Clover area in SC. We've been working on an 83 Camaro, stuffing a 383 into her. Someday we'll get it on the road. What color blue is the Z28?
Strick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:20 AM   #38
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Westminster, SC
Posts: 50
Re: Any thirdgen guys from Upstate SC?

I believe it's call "GM Ultra Blue" for '91. I have the paint code somewhere.

She needs a little body and paint work... the wife is hard on her.

I've also started resto-modding a 91 vert. Going flat OD green with WWII armor style markings and a reproduction 50 cal behind the front seats, for vet day parades and car shows. Silly yes, but it'll be fun and so far the paint really looks wicked on her IMHO, what I have done so far anyway. Still a long way to go, she was gutted and stripped to the metal.


Turbok9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parts available Houston fastrs1891 South Central Region 2 10-20-2015 09:24 AM
89 camaro totaled Aug 2015 bellez77 Body 14 09-05-2015 08:39 PM
'90 GTA Lower Dash Panel Inquiry (Passenger Side)... Street Lethal Interior 7 08-14-2015 08:25 PM
My ram air hood and hood pin install bryan623 Auto Detailing and Appearance 2 08-10-2015 11:33 AM


Go Back   Third Generation F-Body Message Boards >

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

1982 Camaro '82 || 1983 Camaro '83 || 1984 Camaro '84 || 1985 Camaro '85 || 1986 Camaro '86 || 1987 Camaro '87 || 1988 Camaro '88 || 1989 Camaro '89 || 1990 Camaro '90 || 1991 Camaro '91 || 1992 Camaro '92


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.


All content copyright 1997 - 2014 ThirdGen.org. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without the expressed, documented, and written consent of ThirdGen.org's Administrators.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: