South East Region Regional Board for South East Members.

Dang it!

Old 02-02-2002, 12:53 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang it!

I was just on my way home from work and got a freakin speeding ticket! I'm was driving through this smalll town like 6blocks and I get to the other side and see lights in my rear view mirror so I pull over. Being a fan of "Cops" I've seen some crazy stuff that happens when people get pulled over so I turn on in interior light, rolled down the window, turned off my car, placed the keys on the dash, and placed both hands on the steering wheel. I was also thinking that whatever little thing I might have done that he'd let me slide. I see this State Trooper walking up to my door and he did the usual "License and Insurance, Please". I said "my insurance in the center console". At this point I'm thinking I'm scoring some points with him by thinking of his safety. So I get the license and insurance and hand it too him. I ask him "what I did I do wrong?" and he said "you were doing 55mph in a 35mph." I'm thinking BULL****! But I said "I don't mean to dispute you but I couldn't have been" in a very nice voice trying not to **** him off. He said "as you were entering into the 35mph zone you were doing 55mph and then I clocked you at 50mph." Again I'm thinking WTF! That makes no sense! Wondering how the hell he knew I was doing 55mph but clocked me at 50mph. I didn't want to make him mad so I just said"OK". I don't have to go to court so I'm happy about that anyway. This sucks!
Old 02-02-2002, 01:26 AM
Jza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take it from someone who spends a lot of time on the side of the road in the red and blue disco hall: State guys rarely let you go. City guys, might, but they're usually ****** about it. County guys are the cool ones.

I know it sucks, but if you don't get pulled over very often, don't sweat it. Especially if you decide to fight the ticket. Let me know and I can give you some pointers (I've won two out of three times that I've fought tickets).
Old 02-02-2002, 10:46 AM
Supreme Member

Hey Jza, I don't think I'll fight it but just pay it and forget it. I really don't want to go to court or drag it out because I hate court house's about as much as I hate hospitals...I guess I'll just take it in the butt and forget it. I don't have to go to driving school or anything so I guess I should just be thankful. I don't know how much it's going to cost yet but I think it's going to be between $100-$175 from talking to some people. I haven't had a ticket in about 4years, Oh well!
Old 02-02-2002, 11:55 PM
Jza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's cool. When you don't get them very often, it seems like a big deal. But it's really not. Just don't do it again. I've never had an insurance hike from tickets.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:55 PM

Car: 1989 Iroc rebuild
Engine: 355 carb'd
Transmission: 5spd
Axle/Gears: 3:08 pos for a while
i was cruising down the mountain in my ford bucket truck,passed like i was parked by a z24,and one of them DOT cops pulls me and not the z24,78 in a 65 coasting,a big $130 ticket for coasting,now that sux,it wouldn't be so bad if they pulled that z24 too.......
Old 03-03-2002, 01:15 AM
Supreme Member

Yeah that does stink. I wound up losing 3points off my license and it cost me $115.00. They said that if would have been 16mph over besides the 15mph which I got a ticket for, than I would have lost 6 points. So I guess I was lucky.
Old 03-21-2002, 12:29 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 6.0 LS
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.70
i recently got 2 of my tickets dismissed without court cost. i also had an attourney with me. if i had let both tickets go i would have had like 18 or so points and in TN 12 is your max and you lose your license.
the first was 82 -55 and i got that one sent to traffic school .
i was T-boned when a lady tried to "shoot the red " as i was making a left turn. the light was yellow long enuff for her to see it and she was far enuff away to make a thought decision.
i got T-boned. i got the ticket, called my attourny, went to court and got it dissmissed. the prosicutor understood why i was T-boned and dropped it.
i got lucky.