Arizona Roll Call! - Page 5 - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

South West Region South West regional discussion board.

Arizona Roll Call!

Old 04-04-2017, 01:41 PM   #201

Re: Arizona Roll Call!

On April 22, we'll be on the track at Atlanta Motorspeedway. If the event included road course sessions, we might go if we were going to be in town but drag racing isn't that exciting compared to 20 minute sessions on the road course.
Beater79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #202

Car: 91
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: 700

They had the entire curse open last year, there were guys racing corvettes on the course. Not the dragstrip. Then there were the turbo guys having fun drifting, and finally the fast guys doing john force burnouts... all not on the 1/4 mile track, this was all open in a probably acre sized paved lot
bk2life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #203

Car: Silver 1985 Iroc
Engine: 305
Transmission: Auto

I am in Chandler. I have an 85 Iroc with 51k on it, this is my 5th thirdgen. Picked it up at a good price but it needs a few little things but overall in good shape and runs decent. Anyone know of anyone who works on these cars you would recommend in the Valley?

I am looking to do headers/exhaust and suspension stuff to wake up the 305 a bit. I have classic car insurance so considering removing all emissions stuff. AC compressor is bad so considering replacing that or just removing all the AC stuff too. Also my rear trunk doesn't latch down, don't think it has a pull down motor. Just trying to find someone who does good work as my mechanical abilities are limited.
Attached Thumbnails
Arizona Roll Call!-imag3637.jpg   Arizona Roll Call!-imag3641.jpg   Arizona Roll Call!-imag3639.jpg  
fast lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast lenny View Post
I am in Chandler. I have an 85 Iroc with 51k on it, this is my 5th thirdgen. Picked it up at a good price but it needs a few little things but overall in good shape and runs decent. Anyone know of anyone who works on these cars you would recommend in the Valley?

I am looking to do headers/exhaust and suspension stuff to wake up the 305 a bit. I have classic car insurance so considering removing all emissions stuff. AC compressor is bad so considering replacing that or just removing all the AC stuff too. Also my rear trunk doesn't latch down, don't think it has a pull down motor. Just trying to find someone who does good work as my mechanical abilities are limited.
-lenny, I have a few friends Id recommend in chandler for you. I run a small shop from my home, and have a very good reputation in the valley. BUT I'm way out the nw area of phx the items youve listed are all easily doable.. 1985 iroc, it should the tpi injection, correct? If you want we can talk more offline.
[email protected] and my shop website ifitsgotwheels.com has my contact info as well
Old 04-10-2017, 12:58 PM   #205

Quote:
I am looking to do headers/exhaust and suspension stuff to wake up the 305 a bit. I have classic car insurance so considering removing all emissions stuff.
Any certified shop will have to legally keep all the emissions equipment on the car or replace it with new parts. It is illegal for a shop (or you) to remove these items under federal law on any vehicle that will be driven on the street. The fine is something like $10,000 per vehicle under the Federal Clean Air Act. And it doesn't matter what type of insurance you have on the vehicle or if you live in an area that does inspections or not. That's just to let you know why some shops will refuse to do the emissions delete and exhaust modifications. Many performance and smaller shops will still do it if the car is exempt based on age or insurance status or if you are paying cash and don't want a receipt for that piece of work. If no records exist, they can claim they weren't the ones that did it.

For shops in the east valley, I would recommend TopGearMotorsports. http://www.topgearms.com/ The owner Sean is very knowledgeable on the fbody platform and should be able to do all of this for you. Realistically though, you would be well served learning how to do some of these items yourself. None of the things you mentioned are that hard to do with basic hand tools and a couple of jack stands. Living in the valley, I'd recommend getting the AC fixed.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:59 AM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk2life View Post
-lenny, I have a few friends Id recommend in chandler for you. I run a small shop from my home, and have a very good reputation in the valley. BUT I'm way out the nw area of phx the items youve listed are all easily doable.. 1985 iroc, it should the tpi injection, correct? If you want we can talk more offline.
[email protected] and my shop website ifitsgotwheels.com has my contact info as well
Thanks for the reply. Sent you an email.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:56 AM   #207

Car: 92 Trans Am Conv
Engine: LB9
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beater79TA View Post

For shops in the east valley, I would recommend TopGearMotorsports. http://www.topgearms.com/ The owner Sean is very knowledgeable on the fbody platform
Wasn't my experience there. But that was 8 years ago when lt1 hate was at its peak. They were clueless to anything non LSx.
Vanilla Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:05 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
Wasn't my experience there. But that was 8 years ago when lt1 hate was at its peak. They were clueless to anything non LSx.
Sean shouldn't have any problems with headers and suspension. He does a nice rebuild on 700R4 and newer transmissions too. I agree with you that I wouldn't send engine work his way for a SBC or tuning on a TBI or TPI system.

There aren't too many shops left in the Valley that can do tuning on 3rd gen fuel injection though and only a few that will do a non-racing carb tuneup correctly.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:50 PM   #209

Car: 92 Trans Am Conv
Engine: LB9
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.08

I do my own tuning so that doesn't effect me.

I just had a pretty poor experience in many ways.

I agree that anybody can handle bolt ons.
Vanilla Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:50 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk2life View Post
Hi James. I sent you an email and am unsure if you got it or not. I wouldn't mind traveling if need be unless you know someone near me. My car is TPI. I want to do some suspension stuff. I have some new shocks and struts in my garage. I need to do those along with some LCA's, strut tower brace and strut mounts to improve the handling.

Not sure if I am going to mess with the springs on it though. Sub frame connectors would be nice too. I know I want to do headers also to free up some HP and get her breathing good. Maybe you can give me pricing for yourself or what I should expect to pay for some of this with someone else. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:37 PM   #211

Axle/Gears: 342

Quote:
Hi James. I sent you an email and am unsure if you got it or not. I wouldn't mind traveling if need be unless you know someone near me. My car is TPI. I want to do some suspension stuff. I have some new shocks and struts in my garage. I need to do those along with some LCA's, strut tower brace and strut mounts to improve the handling.

Not sure if I am going to mess with the springs on it though. Sub frame connectors would be nice too. I know I want to do headers also to free up some HP and get her breathing good. Maybe you can give me pricing for yourself or what I should expect to pay for some of this with someone else. Thanks for any help.
Sounds like most of that could be done in a garage. Let me know if you need a hand, I think everything could be done in one weekend.
85iroc94transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:58 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85iroc94transam View Post
Sounds like most of that could be done in a garage. Let me know if you need a hand, I think everything could be done in one weekend.
Thanks I appreciate that. I do have car knowledge but not lots of hands on experience or tools so I prefer to pay the piper so to speak. haha

Your camaro is very nice. Saw it on CL. I am still searching for a solid guy to do work on my vehicle though. I get very leery of anyone just working on it or lots of different people touching it.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:24 PM   #213

Axle/Gears: 342

Quote:
Thanks I appreciate that. I do have car knowledge but not lots of hands on experience or tools so I prefer to pay the piper so to speak. haha

Your camaro is very nice. Saw it on CL. I am still searching for a solid guy to do work on my vehicle though. I get very leery of anyone just working on it or lots of different people touching it.

Nothing wrong with that
85iroc94transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:06 AM   #214

sorry guys, i didnt get anything letting me know this thread was updated.

any of you on facebook?
https://tinyurl.com/mq2fl27 thats me. lots of carshows, and going ons all over the valley. in 2 weeks is a huge cruise to prescott
Old 06-19-2017, 11:26 AM   #215

Fri.-Sat., Jul. 14-15 - Sema Collector Car Day

Nancy Perry Productions will be holding their Sema Collector Car Day on Friday at Friday, Martin Auto Museum, 17641 N. Black Canyon in Phoenix (Get Map) and on Saturday at Mixteca, 6731 W. Bell Rd. in Glendale. (Get Map)
Event Hours - Friday 9-12 am @ Musuem - Saturday Mixteca 4 till 8 pm
Entry Fee - FREE
Click For More Details
More Info: Nancy 602-843-3545
Old 09-06-2017, 04:03 AM   #216

Got my strut tower brace in and new Moog springs with a coil in the front cut off and a coil and a half in the rear cut out. New shocks and struts along with some other front end parts that were needing to be done. I got my Founders rear panhard and rear LCAs going in soon. Waiting in the mail for my 18x10.5s to come in too for it. Going to do subframe connectors after the wheels and tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Arizona Roll Call!-9465.jpeg   Arizona Roll Call!-9466.jpeg   Arizona Roll Call!-9467.jpeg   Arizona Roll Call!-9468.jpeg   Arizona Roll Call!-s-l500-3-.jpg  

Arizona Roll Call!-s-l500-2-.jpg   Arizona Roll Call!-9374.jpeg  

Last edited by fast lenny; 09-06-2017 at 04:09 AM.