Southern California Area Southern California Members.

AutoX anyone?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Z/28
Engine: 355
Transmission: Turbo 400
Axle/Gears: 3.73
The last time I talked with Dean, He will bring the Wife's Killa V6 and another family member "will maybe" bring the Vette. The Grudge match is on people!
Old 05-27-2005, 03:58 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1990 RS
Engine: LO3 TPI
Transmission: W/C T5
Originally posted by RWB____s
The Grudge match is on people!
It most certainly is…
Old 05-27-2005, 04:18 PM

anybody be taking bets?
Old 05-27-2005, 04:23 PM
Supreme Member

Car: White KSwisses
Engine: 5.3L Gen III
I just hope everyone has fun, and displays no bad sportsmanship... I am against trash talk and showing up your opponent.

cough *yea right* cough
Old 05-27-2005, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Trans Am - Sold
I think It'll be like boxing matches where there's a bunch of smack talkin' before the match, then when it's over they'll have gained more respect for eachother and embrace in a nice sweaty hug
Old 05-27-2005, 04:58 PM

Dont forget the baby oil, or Mike will be upset.

Old 05-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2003 Porsche C4S
Engine: 3.6L
Transmission: 6-speed Manual
maybe we should speculate on what the losers excuse for losing is....
Old 05-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Supreme Member

No one is going to hear any excuses from me...if I get beat I hope it's by a huge margin because if it comes down to a tenth or two I would hardly call that something worth beating my chest over.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by ReddRocket
No one is going to hear any excuses from me...if I get beat I hope it's by a huge margin because if it comes down to a tenth or two I would hardly call that something worth beating my chest over.

....but you have that mighty V8 vs. the wimpy V6 that eats GT40s...

Seriously mike, you need new tires...I don't think your old and bald @ss tires are gonna do it....but.....
Old 05-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by james_85Z28
....but you have that mighty V8 vs. the wimpy V6 that eats GT40s...

Seriously mike, you need new tires...I don't think your old and bald @ss tires are gonna do it....but.....
You’re absolutely correct…I’ve got an L03 with 335,000 miles on it and if we combine the lack of power with the additional weight of the V8 and my self…I think that little V6 that could, probably can.

As far as the tires go...if my Hooser radials are good enough for a cup car then their good enough for my Goose!
Old 05-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by ReddRocket
if I get beat...
Do you think Joe Montana, Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods ever go out and say "If I get beat"...
Nope, they say "When I win"...
Old 05-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by cali92RS
Do you think Joe Montana, Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods ever go out and say "If I get beat"...
Nope, they say "When I win"...
Retired, Retired, and well on his way to retirement. I’ve got more determination, tact, and ability then anyone you are likely to meet. When it comes to putting on a show…I have yet to disappoint. Win, loose, or draw…its gonna be a barn burner.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:36 PM

Mike are you planning on running the hoosiers? I was under the impression that this would be a legit street tire race not DOT race radials.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by RWB____s
Mike are you planning on running the hoosiers? I was under the impression that this would be a legit street tire race not DOT race radials.
My Hooser’s are mounted on Fikse FM-10’s and no I’m not planning on running them. I will be on an extremely broken in set of Falken GRB FK-451’s
Old 05-27-2005, 11:47 PM
Banned

Car: Agood2.8,
Engine: V6rsr,
Transmission: Afrikingoodtime
I'm gone foor 3 days and s the sh*t talk is out?

Madmax, So I'm not a real players huh? Talk to Glen and Ron. You know nothing of my reputation in the old days AutoXing. I ate new Vettes for lunch in my Dinosaur '68 back in the early 90's. Talk to any GRA member, I'm well known.

First and only time I ever took this Camaro over to AutoX it was when I had first finished the suspension build from about a 6 month jont of buying parts. The first and only shake down runs (on the old factory brakes I might add) rendered me a mere 2 seconds flat behind Glens time that day on a suspension that was not quite fine tuned. (I remind everyone if not educated on AutoX that Glen drives a V8 in "Stock" Class and has racing tires. Raicng tires on anything is good for 3 seconds. Glen is also a very experienced and talented driver. I take nothing from him, my siuspension is much more built but my HP was really hurting at about 110rwhp that day of running. Right now its about 130- Woooooboy)

James, When are you going to understand about the GT40 subject? My car does not EAT gt40's. My car DID hang toe to toe with a GT40 around a few corners but once he was on a good straight he was gone. Did you get that this time or will I have to say it a 12th time?

Am I competitive? HeII yes. Whats racing if its not in your blood. Am I civil? HeII yes, stay off my *** and I'll stay off everyone elses.
Am I arrogant? When pushed against a wall and called out, HeLL yes. I am not one to talk smack or puss out. I am one to have fun and go racing.......Competitvely.......otherwise, whats the point.
I actually had a hard time driving this car last time in autoX because it did not dominate everything there that day. I am not used to that, but nor did I ecpect it to on street tires and 110HP on a new suspension. It was merely a shkaedown run to see how it would actually hold its own against some fairly competitive Camaros in ESP for piece of mind. I did not build this car to compete, I built it for a fun daily driver for the wife, but you know what, It will surprise 99% of you (Not you George, but it was not completely dailed when you were in it. Brand new brakes were standing the car on its nose and throwing the handling off about 10%). Come see for yourselfs, thats all I say. I expect it to be the fastest car on street tires that day.

Last edited by RTFC; 05-28-2005 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1986 Grand Prix TPI
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 200 4R
First, to make it even for everyone, we need these racers to sign up for the next Mazda Rev-it-up race day.
All the same model Mazdas and the same track.
No cheating by renting a Mazda between now and the event.
They allow two laps and not one after the other. Your best time is posted Nationally.
That should humble some folks. It did me.

How good are the guys who do it all the time. At my drivetech course the instructor took 8 of us in a 12 pass Dodge Van around the track, I am riding shotgun, the driver is looking back over his right shoulder telling us what line to follow at 95mph entering turn 3 at Funtucky.
A group of the GP guys got invited to Phoenix raceway to thrash GTO's. As one put it, that instructor went thru the go-cart course faster in the Dodge Van then I could in the go-kart. Another stated that his instructor appeared as casual as driving down the street using two fingers racing thru the course and instructing at the same time.
Us part timers have no chance against anyone who races around track on a daily basis.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:09 AM
Banned

Tom, might I reshow my 150+mph blast down Calf speedway front straight a few months back? Yes, I'm the blue car. I drive circles around most "instructors"

ps- the White Turbo Porsche all the way in the back of the shot is Dallas Raines' best friend. Dallas had to go to work later that day and could not join the group for the scheduled open track event.

As for the Mazda Event. No practice in a car you have never driven? Then expect to go out and compete a national time against the top guys that have done it WHO happen to drive one of those daily or even race them and know/fit in the car? Thats suppose to humble me? Jump in any car you don't know or fit into and you will not be top person. Its like the damn trophydash car I would try and squeeze into at AutoX, I did that once and never bothered again. The fast guy in that was little and raced CRX's, was used to that kind of car. Put him in a high HP muscle car and he's be in trouble deep into the first corner without practice.

I am 240lbs, yet I seem to regularly dominate and set track times at any event where throttle feel is an issue on a go-kart. The carts that you just hit the gas, the little guys walk away down the straights. Why are go-karts a good reference? Every top notch professional raodracer has started out life in them. Exceel in a go-kart where the playing feild is equal, then you have something. Yes, real cars are much harder to drive than a go-kart and mistakes are much bigger, but try and be fast on a Kart like Dromo or Speedzone slick track where pedal work comes into play. People write off go-karts like they are childs play, they are not. The only problem with go-karts profesionally is you will never see a fast guy above 170lbs in the top seats at the top levels. But at your local tracks, you should be able to get a real quick comparison as to what other people your weight are running. I have NEVER been beat pound for pound on a go-kart. I am .6 seconds of the track record at dromo1 for all weights. Adams kart track is a blast, but the karts are in no way fair and equal, they are terribly unpredictable and beatup between karts and change drastically every time you go there.
Attached Thumbnails AutoX anyone?!-a8-1-04.jpg  

Last edited by RTFC; 05-28-2005 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:50 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by RTFC
First and only time I ever took this Camaro over to AutoX it was when I had first finished the suspension build from about a 6 month jont of buying parts. The first and only shake down runs (on the old factory brakes I might add) rendered me a mere 2 seconds flat behind Glens time that day on a suspension that was not quite fine tuned. (I remind everyone if not educated on AutoX that Glen drives a V8 in "Stock" Class and has racing tires. Raicng tires on anything is good for 3 seconds. Glen is also a very experienced and talented driver. I take nothing from him, my siuspension is much more built but my HP was really hurting at about 110rwhp that day of running. Right now its about 130- Woooooboy)
Stop you’re killing me…I was only three seconds behind him my first time EVER on an autox course and I was grandstanding the whole time to boot. Dean you’re the best…but you've got to do better than that!

Proof
Old 05-28-2005, 09:24 AM

Dean... did you spill your milk again? Tsk tsk tsk.

Old 05-28-2005, 09:30 AM

Here's a picture of my dad doing 130+ down the front stretch, he's so far ahead I couldnt get the other cars into the frame with him.
Attached Thumbnails AutoX anyone?!-cs1.jpg  

Old 05-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Supreme Member

James, When are you going to understand about the GT40 subject? My car does not EAT gt40's. My car DID hang toe to toe with a GT40 around a few corners but once he was on a good straight he was gone. Did you get that this time or will I have to say it a 12th time?
It's no fun otherwise.....
Old 05-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Banned

Originally posted by madmax
Here's a picture of my dad doing 130+ down the front stretch, he's so far ahead I couldnt get the other cars into the frame with him.
Or hes out there by himself. All those laps and you couldn't get a sequence of shots showing him with other cars? Don't BS a BSer. Most instructors are good drivers, but not great drivers. They just happen to know someone and are in need of a job teaching something to rookies. You can "teach" someone to drive, they either have it or don't.

Mike, You keep putting this stuff up so I will keep responding to it.
Where'd you learn to count? You are 4.515 seconds behind Glen. Strong rumor has it you were also on Yokohama "R" rated tires and not street tires and you and Lon were back of the pack. I was mid pack when I ran on a new setup not completely dialed and the only guy on street tires in ESP when I did....Who's killing who?...It's getting thick again. Just show up, enough of this.

Also, I never knew Jason Swindle was/or is a GRA member. Explains why I had never heard of him until these boards, yet then many people I know fairly well over the years are friends with him. I've been out of the loop for awhile. For those that don't know, Guldstrand and my father go back 45 years. They have been friends a long time.

Last edited by RTFC; 05-28-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:37 AM
Banned

Originally posted by james_85Z28
It's no fun otherwise.....
OK you got me there
Old 05-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Supreme Member

Mike, You keep putting this stuff up so I will keep responding to it.
Where'd you learn to count? You are 4.515 seconds behind Glen. Strong rumor has it you were also on Yokohama "R" rated tires and not street tires and you and Lon were back of the pack. I was mid pack when I ran on a new setup not completely dialed and the only guy on street tires in ESP when I did....Who's killing who?...It's getting thick again. Just show up, enough of this.
The only time I’ve ever run a full set of slicks is either at Willow Springs or Buttonwillow. On the day in question I was on Bridgestone S-02’s not Yokohama “R” compounds, again my Yokohama’s are mounted on FM-10’s and sitting in storage where they have been the better part of the last two years. Finally as far as the time gap goes…average the three and keep in mind that I was drifting the entire course strictly for entertainment value. Now that I have a reason to actually “run” the course I have a feeling the times will reflect my skill set and vehicle set up more appropriately. …oh and don’t worry about me being there because I already am…
Old 05-28-2005, 11:52 AM

Or hes out there by himself. All those laps and you couldn't get a sequence of shots showing him with other cars?
And likewise for your picture, who's in front of you that you arent showing? Or maybe they are all getting ready and poised to pass the slowest car on the track who fell out of the group.

Pictures dont say much, or tell the whole story. You didnt get that from my post though, obviously.

Old 05-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Supreme Member

Actually I was out there with 10 other cars. And I passed a vehicle on almost every lap, and was passed twice, once by a instructor (which was blur) and once by a vehicle in our group.

And our vehicles were rev limited to 140. And I was on the rev limiter down the streights, have to work on the corners esp turn 3.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Supreme Member

Attached Thumbnails AutoX anyone?!-results.jpg  
Old 05-28-2005, 09:42 PM

Another way to say it is. After just 3 laps Glenn is ahead by 11.982 sec. and pulling away! With a stock Camaro on sticky R tires. At that rate Mike maybe hard pressed to beat Glen Using his race tires Your a Canyon racer so you have to be faster right? I hope so Time to stir the pot alittle

P.S.
I'll hopefully will just be making shake down runs in my own car.
If anyone would like to ride along during a Fun run after the event (Time permiting) they are welcome.

Last edited by RWB____s; 05-28-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:28 AM
Banned

Last edited by RTFC; 06-05-2005 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:56 AM

Special people

I sent this to a 3rd gen member tonight as a e-mail. Unfortunatly I have to post my feelings, experience, and opinions about these "special people". To subdue any further bashing of them
on threads that I maybe a part of.

I really take offense to the reply you posted In the 3rd gen F-bodies "AutoX anyone. I work with the disabled ,handycapped, elderly and the retarded for a living. Some of them have been disabled from birth and will NEVER have the chances or opportunities in life as yourself or I. They take great pride each day just being able to just open their eyes, because that's all they can do when refined to a wheelchair all their lives, suffering from MS, Cancer, and various other diseases that we never here of.

Question: ever had to look straight into the eyes of a 7 year old little girl that is so deformed because of a disease at birth that she will never in her life be able to move even a finger to help herself, or be able to play with other kids or even smile? I have. Its not fun and your heart goes out to them and their families who can't aford to take care of them. I am proud to associate myself with these people and 99.9% of them have more class than the majority of the people that frequent this Board.

Consider yourself very lucky to be able to take for granted life and waste it. There are others that are not so fortunate.

I made some minor edits form grammer purposes, but the messege is still the same.

Kevin; out if respect please put a lock on this thread so this issue does not go any further.

Last edited by RWB____s; 06-05-2005 at 02:59 AM.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:41 AM

Figures, some moron has to be very immature and insult others, when he is no part of the "topic". If this get's locked, I will start a new thread, hopefully those immature posts will not surface in that thread as well. Sorry RWB____s.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Supreme Member

Agree Lock It Down..
Old 06-05-2005, 10:50 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1990 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 355 TPI siamesed runners
Transmission: Tremec T56
Axle/Gears: 12-Bolt 3.73
I deleted the picture. Do you still want it locked?
Old 06-05-2005, 11:01 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 90 RS 'Vert, 88 IROC-Z, 88 Firebird
Engine: 305 ci tbi, 305 ci tpi, 350 ci tpi
Transmission: WC-T5, WC-T5, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.45, 3.27, 3.27
No need to lock it IMO. Just remind the boys to play nice.

Lon
Old 06-05-2005, 11:29 PM

No; Thank you Kevin. I just hope people think before they post and the we all have learned from this.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:57 AM

I dont think there is anything to learn, the picture is supposed to be a joke. Some people in this world need to take the bunch out of their panties and lighten the hell up.

I wonder how many people I offended saying that.

Old 06-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Banned

Hey Chris, Why don't you bring a car out and autoX with us. We'll see how retarded you can be.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by madmax
I dont think there is anything to learn, the picture is supposed to be a joke. Some people in this world need to take the bunch out of their panties and lighten the hell up.

I wonder how many people I offended saying that.
I think you outraged the panty-wearing demographic.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:58 AM

Hey Chris, Why don't you bring a car out and autoX with us. We'll see how retarded you can be.
Ok.
Do I get to wear a hat? (I'd prefer one that says JAFO)

Old 06-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Supreme Member

(I'd prefer one that says JAFO)
You might have to spell that out for the anacrom(?) challanged.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1993 GMC Typhoon
Engine: 4.3 Turbo
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 3.42
i thought the message of the picture fit what is going on, on this thread quite well..

too bad people have to cry about it and be PC
Old 06-06-2005, 02:40 PM

Car: 1991 GTA
Engine: 350 tPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 342
Originally posted by cali92RS
I think you outraged the panty-wearing demographic.
The sad thing is, I don't think I'm the only one who would be offended here.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:12 PM

Car: 92 Trans Am - Sold
You might have to spell that out for the anacrom(?) challanged.

It had been so long I had to look it up. I'm sure there's more than one definition depending how it's used.

JAFO
Just Another F***ing Onlooker
Old 06-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Supreme Member

Jon close enough.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Kevin91Z
I deleted the picture. Do you still want it locked?
That sounds cool.. As to everyone.. This is a reason after fact that we don't need that kind of jokes onboard.. An especially if you don't put it as a joke.. The message had said it all.. There is 2 web sites for sc3g.. For Off topic subject's.. Everyone enjoys to come to Tgo for useful information and topics.. We know we need to keep it at that..
Old 06-07-2005, 12:53 AM

Well it takes all kinds to make this world go around good people and bad. I'm intitled to my opinions as you are and I am pleased to say that I stand by my opinions and am also glad and proud to say that I have not gotten to know any of you long enough to be considered friends.
The mentally disabled people I work with are more intelligent than the ones who responded with smart *** remarks. I will lose no sleep over this and have asked to lock this thread because of this