Southern California Area Southern California Members.

CA's welcome to California

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 90 IROC-Z
Engine: LS1
Transmission: M6
Axle/Gears: 9" spooled 3.70
Re: CA's welcome to California

Originally Posted by kkingsrulee
^
Exactly. I come from a long line of cops and I respect them, and it all comes down to your attitude with them.

If you act like an *** during the whole situation they'll be more inclined to give you a ticket or a hard time.

I guess my car is "suspicious" and I've been pulled over for no other reason besides that and I've been sat on the curb numerous times as they search my car, but I just have a good attitude about it and it's fine, I know I have nothing illegal in my car so everything's good, they explain that they pulled me over because my car looked suspicious and I just agreed, they were only doing their jobs. I'd pull me over too.
So if you got nothing illegal why let them search your car? suspicious is they're nice way of saying profiling. If you have registration ins and your car is up to code they need a legitimate reason to stop you. Its fun to act like an *** towards them, when they have no grounds for issuing a ticket. Respecting them is one thing but don't fear the pesky porkchoppers and let them make you they're bitch.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Supreme Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 1987 Camaro LT
Engine: LG4 w/ SLP headers & a 3" catback
Transmission: THM700R4 (Stock)
Axle/Gears: Stock 2.73 gears. No Posi

Originally Posted by webeeZ28

Don't forget, if you cover the license plate with a cover (clear cover in my case), you take a chance on getting a ticket for that too. All these little codes just aid the cops in getting "probable cause" for the stop. Just depends on your attitude and the cops where it goes from there.
Yup. Got pulled over once for an old rear frame that read "Up Your's" The local cop that loves to pull people over in my city had a field day on my car.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1990 Camaro RS
Engine: V8 305 TBI
Transmission: W/C T5
Axle/Gears: 3.08

Originally Posted by 92purplehaze
So if you got nothing illegal why let them search your car? suspicious is they're nice way of saying profiling. If you have registration ins and your car is up to code they need a legitimate reason to stop you. Its fun to act like an *** towards them, when they have no grounds for issuing a ticket. Respecting them is one thing but don't fear the pesky porkchoppers and let them make you they're bitch.

I believe they have the right to profile then. It's fun to act like an *** toward them? Who do you think you are? These guys are out there everyday and they put their lives on the line for us in order to establish and maintain a safe society, anyone that begs to differ needs to compare our country to ones like Mexico, Russia, or some southeast asian country.

Crime runs rampant in those countries, kidnapping, cartel, massive drug trade and manufacturing, counterfeiting. Yes those same things (save cartel) go on in our country to but not at the same level of which they do in other countries, the DEA is probably one of the best drug enforcement agencies in the world. Too many people take the society we Americans live in for granted.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 90 IROC-Z
Transmission: M6
Axle/Gears: 9" spooled 3.70

Originally Posted by kkingsrulee
I believe they have the right to profile then. It's fun to act like an *** toward them? Who do you think you are? These guys are out there everyday and they put their lives on the line for us in order to establish and maintain a safe society, anyone that begs to differ needs to compare our country to ones like Mexico, Russia, or some southeast asian country.

Crime runs rampant in those countries, kidnapping, cartel, massive drug trade and manufacturing, counterfeiting. Yes those same things (save cartel) go on in our country to but not at the same level of which they do in other countries, the DEA is probably one of the best drug enforcement agencies in the world. Too many people take the society we Americans live in for granted.
You're right those countries are tough, the cops have it easy here, got to make them earn they're pay right? Who do I think I am? I know I'm a tax payer that fell victim to profiling, they labeled me a felon for a crime someone else ATTEMPTED. Thats in the past now I served my time, jumped through the hoops got the conviction dropped. Why did I have to go through that? Because the lazy cops in Tustin are too lazy to catch the real suspect and assumed I was associated. I don't know what line of cops you came from but I would think you have no clue what youre talking about (again) considering you let them rummage your car without probable cause.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1990 Camaro RS
Engine: V8 305 TBI
Transmission: W/C T5
Axle/Gears: 3.08

That's a whole other story whether you were guilty or not, better not get into that.

I let the "rummage" through my car because I believe they had probable cause. They pulled over a camaro with tinted windows at night (around 9 pm) with a teenage guy behind the wheel. I would have searched the car too, I'm probably one of the few guys my age where I live that hasn't tried an illegal substance. Had my best friend been in that situation he would probably been arrested for possession of marijuana. Too many kids do drugs these days, I believe my age and gender was enough probable cause, they were real nice about it, we made some small talk while they searched, it was no big deal, I wasn't sitting there cussing at them for doing their jobs.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:05 PM

Tustin eh? What'd they do to you? I live here... I have a laundry list of run-ins with them, one likely similar to your story.

I had to verify it, mostly because the dressed up punk down the street when I got home a few nights ago wouldnt tell me what he was doing there so I asked the people who's house he was in. You would think if they were really doing their job and with the massive number of uniforms they have out there, they'd step up patrols around dusk and catch the little punk whos been breaking windows and stealing stuff around here. Like the CSI who was here for a second time told me, they want to catch them before someone is home and someone gets hurt. Really? So where's the patrols? No money in that, so they are not here. 2 doors up have a retired who summed up what they really do quite shortly. They are reactionary, not preventative. Like I said a million times before, the day I am proved wrong I will have an entirely different opinion. Until then, their actions speak volumes for me and the actions are collect and deposit.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1986 Grand Prix TPI
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 200 4R

there everyday and they put their lives on the line for us in order to establish and maintain a safe society,
Yeah, issuing traffic tickets is real dangerous.
Funny how numerous police agencies can put parking tickets on stolen vehicles, and be told that a vehicle is probably stolen and still do nothing about it.

What you are calling crime in other countries is really corruption from the Dictator running the country on down, big difference.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 87 iroc
Engine: 410 sbc
Transmission: tremec 3550
Axle/Gears: 30 spline 3.73

aside from the the whole license thing, i will be moving back to cali in sept. Oceanside Marine Corps. I will however not be plating my car in California and do not have to. even though i buy a home, it is not my residency, due to military status. and never will i mount a front plate. if you don't have ca plates they can't make you have one. mi only issues one plate. up yours cali legislation. look forward to seeing you all.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1986 Grand Prix TPI
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 200 4R

I dont know for sure, but I think the Marine Corps has made lots of concessions to the State of CA regarding vehicles and environmental issues.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:34 AM

Car: 1992 RS
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Originally Posted by bigdavesiroc
aside from the the whole license thing, i will be moving back to cali in sept. Oceanside Marine Corps. I will however not be plating my car in California and do not have to. even though i buy a home, it is not my residency, due to military status. and never will i mount a front plate. if you don't have ca plates they can't make you have one. mi only issues one plate. up yours cali legislation. look forward to seeing you all.

If this is true you are one lucky guy, and I would love to see your car. You did a terrific job on it.

Originally Posted by injdinjn
I dont know for sure, but I think the Marine Corps has made lots of concessions to the State of CA regarding vehicles and environmental issues.
If this true then that really sucks.