Southern California Area Southern California Members.

Attention: SoCal Third Gen Meet Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 347ci forged LS1
Transmission: Xtreme Transmissions Stage 2 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42:1 GU6/G80 10 bolt
Attention: SoCal Third Gen Meet Info

Originally Posted by Grey Goose
EVERY event I coordinate I utilize release of liability, damage, and code of conduct waivers that are compete with participants license plate numbers, vehicle descriptions, insurance carrier information, and personal contact info.

If you don't want to sign the waivers then you simply aren't allowed to participate. Believe me when I say that once someone has given you all of their contact info, it is highly unlikely that they are going to lay posi in the middle of any facility I've contracted with. If they did, as per my contract with the venue the individuals information would be given to venue management and/or the police.

...and those that won't sign the waivers, you wouldn't want there anyway. Those are the inbreeds that will cause problems...
Just a heads up from Grey Goose himself: if you don't sign a liability waiver, damage waiver, code of conduct form, provide your personal contact information, vehicle information, and your insurance carrier information, you are NOT allowed to participate (and frankly, not wanted) in any of his meets or events.

If you do attend without signing these forms and providing the above info, the event is not being hosted properly and you should call the property owners and demand an explanation.

If you have no problem signing these forms, then go right ahead and have a fun filled worry-free day! Grey Goose goes through a lot of effort to make sure you guys don't have trouble with management, and these are his rules to ensure a good time.

Last edited by ZexGX; 02-05-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1990 RS
Engine: LO3 TPI
Transmission: W/C T5
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Re: Attention: SoCal Third Gen Meet Info

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Just a heads up from Grey Goose himself: if you don't sign a liability waiver, damage waiver, code of conduct form, provide your personal contact information, vehicle information, and your insurance carrier information, you are NOT allowed to participate (and frankly, not wanted) in any of his meets or events.

If you do attend without signing these forms and providing the above info, the event is not being hosted properly and you should call the property owners and demand an explanation.

If you have no problem signing these forms, then go right ahead and have a fun filled worry-free day! Grey Goose goes through a lot of effort to make sure you guys don't have trouble with management, and these are his rules to ensure a good time.
Thanks for stating the obvious? Anyone that has attended ANY of the event(s) I've coordinated for our 3rd gen club in the last 2-3 years is well aware of whats required to participate in an events where liability could become an issue. Whether you or anyone else disapproves is of absolutely ZERO concern to me. You asked me a question and I answered it as clearly and concisely as humanly possible.

You run you're events however you see fit... You asked for a different perspective and I gave you one

By the way the last event I had at The Plant in Van Nuys, there was a security guard that insisted that I was not authorized to have the event on the property and demanded that we pack up and leave immediately or he was going to call LAPD. I walked up to him and told him to call LAPD because I had gone through the appropriate channels to secure the authorization to be there. When the police arrived I debriefed the officers of what had transpired prior to their arrival, provided them with the names and contact information of the property management company and security contractor for the property in addition to documentation from both parties authorizing our event on the property.

Then the officers approached the security guard, had him contact his superior via telephone, informed both that we had indeed secured permission to have an event on the property, and that the security guard was not to come within 100' of our event as he would be sited for harassment. After the incident, the officers came over, told us a couple of stories where 3rd gens were involved (one officer having owned one), and 'kicked it' for about 20 mins before leaving.

I don't know about you but when a rent-a-cop demands that our club leaves a parking lot, calls the cops on me when I tell him no, and the cops not only tell him that I can be there but tell him to not come within 100' of our event until its over... Yeah, that's about the clearest example I can give you in regards to doing it your way and doing it my way

Again, I'm not saying that this is how shows must be run or my way is the best or only way... Just an actual example of what happens when you take the time to secure the appropriate authorization. ...and well all we have to do is think back to your Irvine Spectrum Meet in late 2010 to experience what happens when you don't.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:56 PM

Car: 88' TA Digital Dash
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3:23 Posi Disk 10 Bolt

Originally Posted by ZexGX

Your posting above is troubling. It assumes and takes many things out of context. It also smells of sour grapes, breading a negative environment. You stated "and frankly, not wanted". This is an irresponsible comment and can cause damage. It's no wonder Mike is going to hop on here and defend himself.

It sounds that you have taken this personally, when he just gave you honest, straight-forward information.

I heard a bit about the Spectrum meet and the disaster that took place. I for one prefer a drama free and smooth event.

Like Mike stated, You can have your events however you like. Honestly, you will always have an opportunity that failure may take place... Especially in the environment we exist in today in regards to car meets and the phobia businesses have today.

Good luck with your meet. There is nothing wrong with doing things in an appropriate manner... Over time it shows character and a rep that things will be conducted correctly and positively...
Old 02-06-2012, 01:22 AM

Car: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 347ci forged LS1
Transmission: Xtreme Transmissions Stage 2 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42:1 GU6/G80 10 bolt

Thanks for stating the obvious? Anyone that has attended ANY of the event(s) I've coordinated for our 3rd gen club in the last 2-3 years is well aware of whats required to participate in an events where liability could become an issue. Whether you or anyone else disapproves is of absolutely ZERO concern to me. You asked me a question and I answered it as clearly and concisely as humanly possible.
You're welcome, I just want people to know that you felt the need to tell everybody that to attend a parking lot meet with strangers, they need to provide their own personal info, vehicle info, insurance info, and sign a release of liability waiver. I find that completely ridiculous, but hey, its your choice if you want to spend 5-10 minutes of paperwork to grab food and then hang out with a bunch of people in a parking lot for an hour or two.

You run you're events however you see fit... You asked for a different perspective and I gave you one
I didn't ask for a different perspective at all. I posted about a meet that everybody as a community wanted to participate in, and you called up management of not one but two separate offices and asked them if we had permits and had arranged it with them (even though you yourself have posted that you will not deal with Irvine Co.) yet you expected us to do what you yourself would not do in a million years.

I don't know about you but when a rent-a-cop demands that our club leaves a parking lot, calls the cops on me when I tell him no, and the cops not only tell him that I can be there but tell him to not come within 100' of our event until its over... Yeah, that's about the clearest example I can give you in regards to doing it your way and doing it my way
That's nice, but with my way we didn't expect security guards telling us to leave immediately - as far as we were concerned, it would the same old routine just like your SC3G meets. We would show up, hang out, eat at one of the businesses on-site to show we were paying customers, then leave - just as we had done the three years prior. The management which was supposed to have been a known, had changed their mind. In your scenario, that equates to your property managers arriving and telling you to leave and that your contract had been revoked, just as your club shows up.

Again, I'm not saying that this is how shows must be run or my way is the best or only way... Just an actual example of what happens when you take the time to secure the appropriate authorization. ...and well all we have to do is think back to your Irvine Spectrum Meet in late 2010 to experience what happens when you don't.
Well clearly you feel the need to make sure shows are run your way, since you call up not one but at least two offices per property to check things out first.
Edit 2/6/12: I just saw the "your" in "your Irvine Spectrum Meet". I didn't organize that, unless by "your" you meant "the".

Last edited by ZexGX; 02-06-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:38 AM

Car: 91 Camaro RS

u mad?
Old 02-07-2012, 02:35 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1990 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 355 TPI siamesed runners
Transmission: Tremec T56
Axle/Gears: 12-Bolt 3.73

I'm going to lock this. It looks like the initial misunderstandings have been worked out here and in the other thread. I dont want it to get worse.