Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

Want To Upgrade Suspension Completely

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want To Upgrade Suspension Completely

Hi guys. I am wanting to redone my entire suspension to make my car hook well, corner well, and of course, brake well.
Right now my cars sitting with all stock suspension and an LS3/T56 in it. Now the front end sits a few inches higher than the rear end, almost like theres no engine it it at all.
I need my suspension to work well. Car is not a drag car, nor an autocross car. It is a nice summer car that i drive maybe 5-10 times a year only.
I want it to hook good (good as street slicks or street tires will allow) and handle higher speeds.

I am using the stock K-Member still. But i was looking into different control arms and struts for up front. What else is needed up front? I want the steering tight and will rebuild it all minus the steering box thats already tight. I want it to handle curves like its on rails.
I also need to lower the car as it was, but now need to somehow make the front end sit even or a little bit lower than the back end. How would i go about doing this? Should i just install lowering springs and cut maybe a half coil to a coil off of the front spring?

I was looking into Coil Over's but dont think they are entirely necessary for a street car.

I was looking at lowering springs, new struts/shocks, panhard bar, rear LCA mounting brackets, Rear trailing arms, new sway bars front and rear, Wonder bar, Strut brace and upper strut mounts (under the hood part).
What else should i be looking at?

Also looking at some big brake kits. Which is recommended without spending a small fortune?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Want To Upgrade Suspension Completely

Honestly do your research first. Than come up with a more specific plan for the car. Also the biggest thing is your budget.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 Christine Z28
Engine: RV Cam and Intake 350 SBC
Transmission: 5speed
Axle/Gears: 3.08 ls Posi
Re: Want To Upgrade Suspension Completely

I've heard that our cars don't like coilovers. Look around the suspension board, numerous threads containing all info you need reside there.