Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

The Grip

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Turbo Buick
Engine: 3.8 V6
Re: The Grip

Originally Posted by SlickTrackGod
Pablo- where do I start? You've ansered alot of your own statements. You have Ackerman and srcub issues. You can not run that wide of a tireon a 3rd gen for prolonged periods.. that is an undebatable fact that you continue to debate- yet you also make my same sstatements- whichh is it? you are confused.
What are you talking about? I have ackerman and scrub issues? Every thirdgen has ackerman and scrub issues, and roll axis inclination issues, and skinny tire issues and many many more. I'm making your same statements? You are delusional.

As for cording tires, I ran my 540 rwhp Vette in Autocross 2 years on every set of R1's I had(most of you have seen video of that car in action- fact s it would eat your car for lunch and the tires would last 4 times as long). I have used more sets of race tires both in personal use as well as NASCAR that you will probably look at in a lifetimes (yes I am being facetious, but you do not hold a candle to my experience and resume) I know tires, I know alignments, I know chassis setups. I have done quite a few in my day and I have quite the winning resume to go with those experiences.
You mean your Dad's corvette? The one on a grainy VHS video you have uploaded from the early 90s? The one you haven't driven in as many years? That corvette? Is that why they last 4 times as long? Because it's in your dad's garage? What does that have to do with cording tires?
As far as your resume... delusions of grandeur.

You are better off running a wheel size made for the car it would last you longer and not wear unevenly like yours did-
There isn't a shred of factual information here. First off, tire width doesn't change camber or toe which can make any tire wear unevenly. I don't care if you run 3.5" wide front tires, -2.0 deg of camber is going to wear the inside edge. Tire width has absolutely nothing to do with it. My 245s v700s are wearing in the exact same way as my 315s.

would it be as fast? No, it would give a little in performance- That is why I stated what you choose to do fits your needs and if you are happy with the cost of replacing times 4 times as quick then hey, its your choice and it fits what you want to do. You have not logged enough miles on those R6's on the street to even shake a stick at. Put a 220DOT tire on those wheels and drive it just how it is on the street- to the grocery store etc- those tires would be gone in 10,000 miles because of the scrub and lack of ackeramn.
Scrub and ackerman only matters when you are turning, a lot. Scrub mostly only when you are actually moving the wheel, and ackerman on very tight turns. Your tires aren't wearing because of either of those on the street.

And replacing tires 4 times as quick?

There isn't a shred of factual evidence to back up that statement. You don't even know how much scrub I have, or how far off the ackerman is. You couldn't tell me if our cars have anti ackerman or parallel steer.. you've never measured any of this. You are just talking out of your ***.

This is not a put down to you, it is simply an analysis of chassis dynamics and grip and I used your car ( you should be flattered) as an example of a fast car on wide tires- but I am also talking truth to anyone curious that buyer beware of cost and longivity. If you are fine with that then do what Pablo did.
You aren't flattering me. You come here because you have people here that stroke your ego and reinforce your delusions of grandeur. You have to be perceived as being capable of building the fastest thirdgen, truck, and racecar because you are just so damn good. Anything that challenges that status is a threat. This is why you only bring me up in the context of "Pablo's car is fast, but.." and this is why you make long winded posts to explain why everyone else that is fast or beats you is cheating, or is running some crazy mega dollar build. A perfect example is your laughable response to seeing that C10 run times that would absolutely humiliate your truck. On street tires no less. "Oh it's a mega dollar race car.. and oh.. they are cheating! look at this video proof!" Meanwhile you neglect to mention that you actually tried slicks and it did you no good - now queue up the excuses for that one.
You know what I say when a car runs faster than mine? I say it's a better car or better driver (or both) than me. I don't list 100 reasons why they cheated or why I should have been faster.

As for your thirdgen, it doesn't even exist. You did an autox where you beat some other so cal thirdgen guys (I wouldn't be bragging about that too much) and ran some laps at california speedway equivalent to a back of the pack heavily restricted CMC car even though you had 3 times as much invested in yours. A lot of these guys here are new so they don't remember when one of those CMC dudes called you on your BS the last time you were bragging about it. And for you newbs, there's a reason dean has had multiple screen names on this board. He keeps getting himself banned.

You don't even have a clue how much I've spent on tires or how long they've lasted. You want to save your tires on the street? Don't run an aggressive alignment, don't run soft compound tires, and don't race the thing. Simple as that. Tire width means nothing. And yes, *big surprise* wide tires cost more.

No hard feelings Pablo. Peace out. Maybe when you get back into town we can get together at the track again.
I don't care if you want everyone to believe you are a suspension mastermind. More power to you. But if you involve me, and make claims about my car, my setup -things you know very little about- I am going to call you on your B.S.

Last edited by Pablo; 02-11-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:38 PM
On Probation

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Pablo
What are you talking about? I have ackerman and scrub issues? Every thirdgen has ackerman and scrub issues, and roll axis inclination issues, and skinny tire issues and many many more. I'm making your same statements? You are delusional.

You mean your Dad's corvette? The one on a grainy VHS video you have uploaded from the early 90s? The one you haven't driven in as many years? That corvette? Is that why they last 4 times as long? Because it's in your dad's garage? What does that have to do with cording tires?
As far as your resume... delusions of grandeur.

There isn't a shred of factual information here. First off, tire width doesn't change camber or toe which can make any tire wear unevenly. I don't care if you run 3.5" wide front tires, -2.0 deg of camber is going to wear the inside edge. Tire width has absolutely nothing to do with it. My 245s v700s are wearing in the exact same way as my 315s.

Scrub and ackerman only matters when you are turning, a lot. Scrub mostly only when you are actually moving the wheel, and ackerman on very tight turns. Your tires aren't wearing because of either of those on the street.

And replacing tires 4 times as quick?

There isn't a shred of factual evidence to back up that statement. You don't even know how much scrub I have, or how far off the ackerman is. You couldn't tell me if our cars have anti ackerman or parallel steer.. you've never measured any of this. You are just talking out of your ***.

You aren't flattering me. You come here because you have people here that stroke your ego and reinforce your delusions of grandeur. You have to be perceived as being capable of building the fastest thirdgen, truck, and racecar because you are just so damn good. Anything that challenges that status is a threat. This is why you only bring me up in the context of "Pablo's car is fast, but.." and this is why you make long winded posts to explain why everyone else that is fast or beats you is cheating, or is running some crazy mega dollar build. A perfect example is your laughable response to seeing that C10 run times that would absolutely humiliate your truck. On street tires no less. "Oh it's a mega dollar race car.. and oh.. they are cheating! look at this video proof!" Meanwhile you neglect to mention that you actually tried slicks and it did you no good - now queue up the excuses for that one.
You know what I say when a car runs faster than mine? I say it's a better car or better driver (or both) than me. I don't list 100 reasons why they cheated or why I should have been faster.

As for your thirdgen, it doesn't even exist. You did an autox where you beat some other so cal thirdgen guys (I wouldn't be bragging about that too much) and ran some laps at california speedway equivalent to a back of the pack heavily restricted CMC car even though you had 3 times as much invested in yours. A lot of these guys here are new so they don't remember when one of those CMC dudes called you on your BS the last time you were bragging about it. And for you newbs, there's a reason dean has had multiple screen names on this board. He keeps getting himself banned.

You don't even have a clue how much I've spent on tires or how long they've lasted. You want to save your tires on the street? Don't run an aggressive alignment, don't run soft compound tires, and don't race the thing. Simple as that. Tire width means nothing. And yes, *big surprise* wide tires cost more.

I don't care if you want everyone to believe you are a suspension mastermind. More power to you. But if you involve me, and make claims about my car, my setup -things you know very little about- I am going to call you on your B.S.
Not a single thing youve said here is correct. But hey, stay angry
Old 02-12-2013, 12:00 AM
On Probation

Originally Posted by rlewi771
I started a separate thread so that people researching can find easily. Have a look here, this should explain the new disclaimers on Racecrafts website : https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/susp...e-failure.html
I had a problem like that with bad welds on a tubular A-arm on another vehicle that broke on me- Some scary stuff. Good ol welders on crack. It's why i do my own stuff now.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:10 AM
On Probation

Alright Pablo- I have a great idea. Once you get your little Mr Mom *** back from overseas where you can talk **** to my face, Ill borrow Black Mambas car and well have a little $1000 challange atthe local autox track- put up or shut up. I am calling you out.

'We show up with equal cars- both 3rd gens- on equal tires- youc an find some 245-50-16 street tires for cheap for that thing cant you? If not Ill find some for you to borrow from any off the many people we know that will love to see me shut you up and take your money. Lets see just what your car can do when you stick the same size tires on it like everyone else has.

Start saving your pennies- becasue we know your wife supports you and you either suck off her or your parents.

$1000- once you get in town.

(Edit- actually, I can not take credit for this idea, it was someone elses idea we both know)
Old 02-12-2013, 11:26 AM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
Car: Met. Silver 85 IROC/Sold
Engine: 350 HO Deluxe (350ci/330hp)
Transmission: T-5 (Non-WC)
Axle/Gears: Limited Slip 3.23's

That this thread lasted as long as it has is somewhat surprising. If you've contributed and/or wish to further edify yourself, please go to PM's.

JamesC