TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

1st post(long).. ebay crate engines? help me

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS Convertible
Engine: L03
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: LS1 posi/disk 3.42
1st post(long).. ebay crate engines? help me

hey everyone, this is my 1st post, but i have been coming to this site for many years now and i must say its an awsome site and everyone who comes here and offers their help is alright in my book.... well i was finally able to get my 1st 3rd gen back in March this year.
Its a 92 rs rag top polo green/tan top. i've done the basic mods full exhaust, open air element, shift kit/corvette servo, tb spacer, injecter pod spacer and i will be upgrading to either a 3.23 or 3.42 posi rear end. This isnt my first TBI motor so i'm not new to these motors, but like almost everyone else with the L03, i'm thirsty for more power!! i was thinking about keeping it a 305 and rebuilding it(time is a key issue), but with all the support for the 350 motors i've pretty much made up my mind to pull the L03 for a 350. i was looking on ebay the other day and i came across this........
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=180281806417.

Now my question is this, would that motor be worth the money? i've got a $2.5k budget(might be able to strech it to 3k if nessisary) and i dont have the time to build my own motor with kids, school , and g/f and this is my daily driver. i emailed the seller if they supplied a dyno sheet with the engines and wut the specs on the cam were and this is wut i got back from them......
..... We can supply a dyno sheet with the engine if needed. The cam for the 310 HP TBI engine is a new Competition Cams computer camshaft with .425 / .440 lift and 252 / 260 duration. The engine would be a direct replacement for your '92 Camaro 305. No modifications or changes are necessary. Thank you for your interest. Chris......
Now i know i'll need a new 350 knock sensor, 350 ESC module, 350 injectors, and custom tune(gona do this regardless of wut i do) if i go this route, but i am torn on wut to do because i aready have an LT1 cam(ebay) and a TPI setup minus Injectors, sensors, Throttle body, throttle cable, TV cable, and wiring harness(free from a friend who did the HSR swap to his IROC). i also have a 93 silverado with the L05 but that motor has been dead for some time now. if i stay TBI i will use the injectors and hypertech thermomaster chip from the truck till i get fully into the DIY tuning. i will be going with EBL by the way.
Another option i was thinking about was to just get a new L31 throw the lt1 cam and a vortec carb manifold with the adaptor for the TBI on it and call it a day. Decisions decisions!! oh and i'm only looking to get mid 13's on motor.
so any help/thoughts/input would be very much appreciated.
and sorry it such a long post but i wana be sure about everything b4 i order anything.......
thanks guys, David
Attached Thumbnails 1st post(long).. ebay crate engines? help me-camaro-convertable3.jpg   1st post(long).. ebay crate engines? help me-camaro-convertable2.jpg