TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

Engine won't run.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1994 Trans Am
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: G80 Posi/3.42
Engine won't run.

Hello all. I have a 92 Camaro with the good ol TBI which has been sitting for about a year as I bought a newer Trans Am. My brother is borrowing the car and for a few days it was driving fine, but one day on the way home from work it started running like garbage. Now it won't stay running at all unless you feather the throttle and even then it doesn't run close to well enough to drive. It has a 5 speed in it. We have been able to at least keep the engine running by disconnecting the TPS and unhooking the vacuum line from the MAF. The engine will run in that state but still not really well enough to drive, plus the ECM has no idea whats going on with the engine anyways so I can only see huge problems running it like that. We have replaced both the MAF and the TPS to no avail. Right now it's dead in the water and neither of us have any ideas. My next step WINALDL to see if I can produce any solutions that way. Thanks for the input.