TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

possible bad injector?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
possible bad injector?

iv gor a 1994 chevy k1500 350 tbi with a small melling cam it felt like it had a BAD missfire so i put new plugs and wires and i replaced distributer cap and rotor button a few months ago along with tps iacv. still dident help so i did a compression test all cylinders were right at 150psi but number 8 dumped gas out and it was at 210 im assuming because all of the gas in the cylinder my first thought was a bent pushrod or cracked rocker arm on the exhaust side but i pulled the out and everything looked good and i was wondering if i could have some trash in one of the injectors and it be causing that to happen. any help would be appreicated its got me stumped
Old 01-31-2016, 11:13 PM
Supreme Member

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
Re: possible bad injector?

Originally Posted by mud runner
iv gor a 1994 chevy k1500 350 tbi with a small melling cam it felt like it had a BAD missfire so i put new plugs and wires and i replaced distributer cap and rotor button a few months ago along with tps iacv. still dident help so i did a compression test all cylinders were right at 150psi but number 8 dumped gas out and it was at 210 im assuming because all of the gas in the cylinder my first thought was a bent pushrod or cracked rocker arm on the exhaust side but i pulled the out and everything looked good and i was wondering if i could have some trash in one of the injectors and it be causing that to happen. any help would be appreicated its got me stumped
Your post would be easier to read and to understand if you'd have spent time to punctuate, capitalize, and provide paragraphs, appropriate spelling, and spacing. You would have learned all about that before you left fifth grade.

Do the rocker arms on that cylinder MOVE appropriately? First Guess: Wiped cam lobe.

Last edited by Schurkey; 01-31-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Schurkey
Your post would be easier to read and to understand if you'd have spent time to punctuate, capitalize, and provide paragraphs, appropriate spelling, and spacing. You would have learned all about that before you left fifth grade.

Do the rocker arms on that cylinder MOVE appropriately? First Guess: Wiped cam lobe.
Sorry about that, but i took the valve covers off and the rockers move like they should on all 8 cylinders. I pulled the distrubiter cap off, and there was a TON of corrosion on it so i'm going to replace the whole distributer because everything in there looked bad. I'm also gonna put a new map sensor on it cause there like ten bucks, and one of my buddies says he has some old injectors in his shop that are still good he said he would let me use to see if mine are bad.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 75 Beast
Engine: 383 +EBL Flash
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 4.11 with 33"

Start by replacing distributor first. The 94 dizzy uses external coil and are well known to accumulate moisture. A misfire in distributor due to reluctor ring corrosion can effect both spark plugs misfiring and misfiring of the injectors. TBI injectors hardly ever go bad. Get your ignition system healthy before getting into injectors.

//RF
Old 02-06-2016, 02:59 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 88 Firebird Formula
Engine: LO5 5.7 TBI/Ebl Flash
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 stock rear end

Originally Posted by RFmaster
Start by replacing distributor first. The 94 dizzy uses external coil and are well known to accumulate moisture. A misfire in distributor due to reluctor ring corrosion can effect both spark plugs misfiring and misfiring of the injectors. TBI injectors hardly ever go bad. Get your ignition system healthy before getting into injectors.

//RF
i would also check the ICM on the dizzy, had a similar problems years back and ended up being the ICM.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:50 PM

i just put my new distributer in and map sensor, and im pretty sure the timing off it shot a flame out of the throttlebodie bit ill fix it tomorrow after work. hopefully it fixes it this time