Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Engin knock when you step on the gas

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engin knock when you step on the gas

Here is the prob; One day i drove to visit a friend, stayed the nite there, the next day the car wont start, took it to a mechanic, the mechanic changed the Ignition Module (sp) and the pickup coil, and said that the car is an "E" car and the equipment is "F", and he could not get the timing right. Now, the car runs fine when it is driven cold or not too worm, but then it starts to knock as you step on the gas (as if when you are in third gear doing 25MPH and you step on the gas... that kind of knock). then the problem gets worse, it is auto, so if you go in D or L2 the knocking kinda goes away but it is still there. .
if you conitue driving it, it wants to die and cuts off whenever you step on the gas?. after that it is hard to start. until it cools down
can you fellas help, the first time it cost me 250 bucks, i hate to take it to another mechanic and have it cost another 250 bucks. Oh the first mechaninc is about 2 hrs away from where i live, and my buddy picked the car for me so ido not know what he ment by "E" and the "F"

thanks
Old 08-06-2003, 05:37 PM

sounds liek its out of timeing OR there is really crappy gas in there or its starting to spin a bearing... i could be wrong but its all things that could be wrong.