Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Code 33, won't idle down when lifting

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code 33, won't idle down when lifting

I'm not getting any responses to this question in the V6 forum, but I doubt my symptoms are specific to the V6...

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/v6/3...code-33-a.html

After replacing the IAC, TPS, EGR, and MAP, as well as a few questionable vacuum lines, I'm still seeing an error code 33 (MAP sensor or low vacuum).

When driving, and lifting off the gas, the car still wants to idle up around 1500 while in gear - until I slow to < 10 MPH...then it'll drop down to a normal idle.

If driving and I lift and shift into neutral, it'll rev up to 2500 without the load on it...

I'm assuming that the low vacuum code implies that the ECM thinks there's a load on the motor and is giving it more throttle to compensate...and that when the speed drops below 10MPH, it's got another piece of logic that over-rides that.

I can't find any vacuum leaks and it's a brand new MAP...

I measured vacuum out the port going to the MAP, and I'm seeing about 10"...is this normal or too low??

If too low, any suggestions what could be causing it? I'm not hearing any vacuum leaks...and if I plug the other vacuum outlets, I'm not seeing any change...
Old 07-23-2009, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Code 33, won't idle down when lifting

yes