Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

egr valve autozone or delphi part

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC Z
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.27
egr valve autozone or delphi part

I have heard that the egr valve from autozone or pep boys that were made by wells or duralast is not as compromable as the delphi part. does anyone have any imput on this statement. autozone has the restictor washers and the delphi part doesn't. I have a had time with my idle and the plug look really lean. I have rebuilt this car completely everything that is on it is new, and I mean everything there is. my car had a surgeing to it at cruise and at idle so the last thing I changed was the egr and now it won't run right bad idle, bad driving, chugging, backfiring thru the throttle body, very sugglish, ehaust getting so hot that I get vapor lock in the fuel tank. Please let me know if I am losing my mind or I am on the right track with my think.

Thanks
Old 12-08-2007, 12:41 PM

Re: egr valve autozone or delphi part

Get the Delphi. Those ones with the washers suck. I've heard nothing but problems with them... when I sold parts we got to the point we didnt sell them unless they were the correct size with no washers required.