Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

No fuel.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No fuel.

Hello. I'm pretty much new to the site. I just bought a 90 camaro RS with a 305 tbi. Here's the story. The car was running fine when I bought it until that evening when I went out driving. Then the motor started to stall and start up. Moments later I was pulling up to my friend's house when the car completely shut off the moment I've arrived. I've check to see if the fuel pump was coming on when I turned the switch and it does. I've checked the throttle body injectors to see if any fuel was squirting into the tb. Nothing. But the injectors are getting a current. So I thought the fuel filter was cloged and replaced it. Still nothing. Another thing the guy said the car was sitting out a few years. So I was told to add some Heet inside the tank to get all the moisture out. The only thing I haven't tried was adding a bottle of the lucas octane booster. So I'm stumped on what to do.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 Iroc Z 1990 RS 1991 RS
Engine: 454 soon 496
Transmission: Soon T56
Axle/Gears: 308 Posi
Re: No fuel.

Wierd. BTW welcome to TGO. one thing to do. Is get a bucket. and have the fuel line that primes the tbi and turn it on to see if it squirts fuel. If not I would almost be your fuel filter inside the tank is clogged maybe. Try it a coupled times on and off no fuel then i would drop the tank and when you do might as well replace pump and filter at the same time. and One stupid question does it have gas? Maybe the fuel gauge not reading correctly? Try put a couple of gallons of gas in to see if it would be that also. Other than that idk. gl.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: No fuel.

Problem solved. Was a bad pump. When we took it out. It was shot to hell plus the strainer was destoryed. And yes the tank was empty when we dropped it. Also the gauge isn't working.. the purple wire going to the sending unit was broken and unable to fix it. That wasn't a fun job to do.