Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

adjustable tbi fuel pressure reg problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adjustable tbi fuel pressure reg problems

I'm having some trouble with my new cfm-tech fuel pressure regulator. I just swapped to a vortec long block which is mostly stock that I will be tuning myself. I had planned on sticking with my stock injectors and turning the fuel pressure up to somewhere in the 20s. After doing some reading I came to understand that I would have trouble tuning out the rich idle from the pressure being so high. My injectors had 230k miles on them so I replaced them with 80# injectors. My problem is that I can't seem to get my pressure lower then 20#'s and believe this to be the cause as to why I cant get my new motor to fire that or my timing is off. I believe my fuel pressure should be down around 14#'s with the 80# injectors with my setup. But basically my main problem is the CFM-Tech regulator with the red **** hits the vacuum line coming out of the back of the TBI not allowing me to back off on the pressure. Has anyone else had a similiar issue with this and what was your solution. I have 2 ideas I could replace the adjustment **** with some kind of bolt or screw but then it would become harder to adjust or I could trim the spring inside my regulator. OR I guess I could reinstall my stock injectors and see how they do but that are really old I don't want to spend another 180$ on new injectors I bought the ones I have so I wouldnt need them later when I installed a bigger cam.