Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Funny Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: L98 bored .40 (357 ci)
Transmission: Race Ready 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.70 posi
Funny Story

Ok...funny racing story....

Last summer every Sunday night it Show and Shine night at a local parking lot... all kinds of cars go there...sweet Vette's, Camaro's, Firebirds, Mustangs, older muscle, *****'s, J-Body scene is big as well. So bought my Iroc in July and had her for about a month....

I cruise the scene, stop and chat to couple of other F-Body owners. We were joking around about a pimp mobile that someone had , I must say, an awesome sound system! It was a riced out Civic.

Anyway...I pull out of the lot and head to a local coffee shop drivethru... Tim Horton's kicks ***!! hehehe... get my coffee and cruise around for awhile...tunes up and enjoying life. Then all of a sudden I look in my rear view and see what looked to me a like a frigging spaceship out of Close Encounters of a Third Kind!! It was glowing green underneath and had funky colored foglights! Total riced out Civic! hehehe..I laughed..until this moron passed me... WHAAAA RAAAAA RAAAA WHA WHA WHA (imagine the sound of those big *** fart pipes and 4 cylinder with headers...hehehe you know the sound!! ...I laughed as he passed and right behind him was another car, a Prelude...WHAAAA RAAA RAAA RAAAAAAA WHAAAAAAA... Zoom Zoom... they were racing apparently! They go flying along so I decided to follow to see the action. Then I got an evil idea!!! hehhehee... Motley Crue comes on the CD "Kickstart my Heart"!! " I get high get high on speed!!!" OOHHH yeah baby.

So here are these two lunatics at the lights..whUNN WHAA RA RA RA RA... hehehe.. I pull in behind the Prelude...blood is pumping. I catch the dude in the Civic eyeballing me...hehe this is gonna be fun..

Light goes green and me and the Prelude blows the doors off the Civic...I am right on the Preludes bumper... we get about 3 car lengths in front off the Extra Terrestrial Civic and I pull to the inside and gun it! Zoom Zoom Zoom.... two car lengths, 3 , 4...bye bye...this was the moment that I fell in love with my car! I was truly amazed how she handled and slingshotted ahead of the Prelude... I get to the next set of lights and the Prelude pulls up..I give her a shot of gas and look over...buddy was just looking ahead...hehehe... no signs that he wanted anymore vroom vroom.. come on man... no? Ok...light goes green and I light her up....shut her down and cruised to the next turn off to come back home!! It was fun... although not much competition....

So there's a funny story for ya! I am sure that I will meet E.T. again this summer and this time he will have a 12" fart pipe and more stickers...I am going to have trouble then!! hahahahaha
Old 04-23-2002, 09:06 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 99 Formula
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 342
Good story, that Civic was probably slower than stock with all the added weight. Idiots.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:10 AM

HAHAHA that is funny.

This one Prelude around here keeps trying go get me to race because he knows I have a v-6 but last night I pulled up next to him in a 2002 C-5 (borla, "air lid", K&N, chrome wheels and a ZAINO shine) and I just reved it up, said a few not so kind words and asked him if he was done runing his mouth and took off, I could tell he had it floored but I blew the doors off his car so Im stoped up at the next light and he is like my engine has problems but once I get it fixed Ill smoke that vette.
I dont think I have laughed so hard in my life.
David
P.S. Nice looking IROC!
Old 04-23-2002, 10:05 AM

Car: 1987 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: L98 bored .40 (357 ci)
Transmission: Race Ready 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.70 posi
hehe

I mean I am all for personalizing your car... make it the way you want it, if you think that a 4 foot wing, neon lights, and stickers are cool then I say " Hey man, it's your ride, do what ya want to it, but don't expect me to like it".... everyone is entitled to there own taste...

But what boils my a$$ is when someone takes a car which is slow as A$$, puts a pile of crap on it and then goes around shooting there mouth off, thinking they can beat everybody else without anything to back it up.

I give certain foreign cars there props if the driver is half sensible, I mean I know I wouldn't beat a couple of Supra's that run around here, dual turboed rides with all the goodies...I don't go shooting my mouth off to those car owners because I know I would get beat!! ... same way I won't mouth off to a Porshe 911/C5 Vettes/ etc etc owners .... it is just common sense, hehehe... why shoot your mouth off when you know you can't back it up???? These Civic/Golf/Accord/Prelude/Integra owners continue to amaze me!!! So much so that I rarely run against them...I usually let them go because I ain't wasting my time/gas on a car I will surely stomp, where is the challenge in that!!??!?! hehehe.... And when I get beat I give the other driver the props he/she deserves and I usually want to pull into a parking lot and have a chat to see what they have under the hood!

Oh well... just ranting... hehehehe... can't wait to pull my IROC outta storage!! GRRRRRR!! Fricking winter won't stop!!!! Argggghhhhhh~!!!!!! V8 withdrawls ... hehe