Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Got smoked by an 83 TA

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 IROC
Engine: 350 TPI (block was swapped)
Transmission: 700r4 w/corvette servo
Axle/Gears: no idea
Got smoked by an 83 TA

My first F-Body that actually beat me in a race (im sure it wont be the last, either). Im on a main cruising street in Michigan named Gratiot, and this 5.slow mustang pulls up next to me, next to him was a yellow third gen Trans Am that sounded OH SO SWEET. Anyways, mustang and I race, I beat him pretty hard, got about a half car length on him. So now it was the Trans Am's turn, we kept fooling around, never getting an equal launch. We keep going and going untill we get near detroit, he does a u turn, I do a u turn. We catch a light, I forgot that my car was in neutral (I throw it in neutral when I shut down) and I was talking to him about his car, he had a 355. Light turns green, I realise I was still in neutral and pretty much neutral slammed it so I could catch up (shh). So we catch another light, he asked me what cam I had in, at the moment I couldnt remember but when I was driving I was like *doh, 218, 224 @ .5* We slowed down to about 25, gunned it, he nearly daylighted his front tire. Pulled on me hard, he got about a half car length on me. I motioned for him to pull over with me so we could talk about the cars, he didnt. So I pulled off to the quarter car wash and washed my car.

It was amazing. I am proud to have been beaten by a Third Gen.

Also, tonight must have been national drive your Third Gen night.. I saw one yellow camaro, he didnt want to race. I saw a red convertable camaro, he didnt want to race either, and I saw other various third gens throughout the night, it was pretty cool.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC-Z
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.23
lol...cool story man, speaking of which, today I'm driving my 87 red iroc with a daytona hood, ugly purple tints, and 16" polished rims. I make a left to turn onto another street and sure as hell coming from the other way going to make a right onto the same street is a red iroc, daytona hood, ugly purple tint, but it did have different rims.............Woah...twilight zone

I couldn't stop staring, it was so werid to see, but I didn't get a chance to catch up with the guy b/c I was kind of in a rush and he turned off anyway.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 4 Mopars total
Engine: Pentastar power
Transmission: T/F and New Process
Axle/Gears: Three 8 3/4's & one 9 1/4
Originally Posted by WaaX
I beat him pretty hard, got about a half car length on him.
LOL....I wouldnt call a half of a length beating anyting hard. You barely beat the guy. Pulling half a track on someone is beating them hard.