Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Now I remember why we sold the IROC

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 07:37 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Car: 1991 base firebird
Engine: tbi 305
Transmission: 700r4
Re: Now I remember why we sold the IROC

Originally Posted by chazman
Well, if Arnold is keeping his, I'll keep mine too!
just remember not to line up against a jeep grand Cherokee.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:34 PM

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC-Z
Engine: 427 SBC
Transmission: ProBuilt 700R4
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 Bolt / 3.73 TrueTrac

Originally Posted by Firebirdwade
That is the point. Everyone here knows that our cars stock can't compete with new cars, but the guy in the story did. He did buy a 30+ year old unmodified car and expected it to destroy everything on the road.

How do you know he expects it to destroy everything? Maybe he was just having some fun? When I was some what stock I raced a Nova with a BBC in it. I got beat...bad We both had fun and gave each other a thumbs up.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:38 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 1989 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 383
Transmission: WCT5
Axle/Gears: 3.23Posi

I see where you are coming from, that does after all describe most races I am in. That was just my interpretation of the guy from the story.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:13 PM
Supreme Member

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts
Car: 240sx
Engine: whatever works
Transmission: 4l80e this year
Axle/Gears: 3.512

I prefer the car to have a reputation of being slow

it makes people under-estimate you, they wait for you to go and by the time they realize it isn't slow...

its too late
The following users liked this post:
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 09:55 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3:42

Originally Posted by Evilokc
just remember not to line up against a jeep grand Cherokee.
Or my WIFE'S Dodge Durango v6...Good suv for women.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Name:  gqeMdm9.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  9.1 KB

A Camaro gets it's a*s handed to itself, and all Camaro owner's take it personally.
Maybe your "sleeper" Camaro is faster than the one that got embarrassed, maybe not. You still missed the point.

Yes, the Camaro was beat by a Grand Cherokee V6, that wasn't even trying, and yes, it's my wife's truck but, it still whooped the Camaro, without exceeding the speed limit. The fact it is a GC is irrelevant. It could have been a Yugo we were driving.
The GC was never designed to be a race car, as some of you interpret but, it is a luxury ride that is very comfortable, with good MPG, and a ton of amenities, that is more capable than any Camaro.

So if you've been offended, the first step to recovery is to... find your tool of choice, wedge said tool between butt cheeks, and pry that wad of paisley panties from the beyond.
After that, you should be able to move on.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: Formula 350
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Originally Posted by TireSmokin'

A Camaro gets it's a*s handed to itself, and all Camaro owner's take it personally.
Maybe your "sleeper" Camaro is faster than the one that got embarrassed, maybe not. You still missed the point.

Yes, the Camaro was beat by a Grand Cherokee V6, that wasn't even trying, and yes, it's my wife's truck but, it still whooped the Camaro, without exceeding the speed limit. The fact it is a GC is irrelevant. It could have been a Yugo we were driving.
The GC was never designed to be a race car, as some of you interpret but, it is a luxury ride that is very comfortable, with good MPG, and a ton of amenities, that is more capable than any Camaro.

So if you've been offended, the first step to recovery is to... find your tool of choice, wedge said tool between butt cheeks, and pry that wad of paisley panties from the beyond.
After that, you should be able to move on.
I found that video you did on your Jeep!

Old 01-20-2019, 12:33 PM

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

We all get it, you sold your car because you were getting embarrassed by daily drivers every time you drove it. Can’t blame you for that, you did what you knew how to do to correct that situation. Others here are just pointing out they may have handled it differently. But maybe we are all wrong, consider this.

the point is he was under the impression that he is untouchable, and driving like an idiot to prove his point
If this is in fact the point then the car being slow isn’t the reason you sold it like the story reads. Supporting logic is as follows; this driver is an idiot, he is driving a Camaro and therefore every Camaro driver is a idiot. Then you realize you drive a Camaro, this makes you a Camaro driving idiot and you want no part of said idiocy therefore the car has to go. More reasonable logic says he is an isolated Camaro driving idiot and that doesn’t make you one and you would not have had to sell your car. After all these years we find out there was flawed judgement in the sale of your car because I’m sure you aren’t saying everyone is an idiot, that would be crazy.

Also, the other point everyone is missing is that you still have a fast car in the stable and all is good in the world. Now you have that slow GTA you need to sell. Post some pics and let the bidding start!

Lastly, everyone knows all of this back and forth is in good fun, nobody is really butt hurt about it. Although if you did mean the idiot thing that may be hard to recover. Keep the comedy going!

Last edited by PaulyC; 01-20-2019 at 01:05 PM.
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 12:39 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Car: 1991 base firebird
Engine: tbi 305

No reason to be a jerk about it. People love their cars. Thats a good thing. We all know what they are. Honestly they werent fast when new and now they are 30 years old. Fast cars from 30 years ago wouldnt seem so great next to modern vehicles. Technology has come a long way. The modern technology is a curse and a blessing. Im sorry you didnt like your iroc.
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 01:02 PM

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Car: 1985 Camaro IROC-Z
Transmission: GForce T-5
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.73 posi

Hahahaha.....I would hardly call 'without exceeding the speed limit' a 'race'.
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by PaulyC
We all get it, you sold your car because you were getting embarrassed by daily drivers every time you drove it. Can’t blame you for that, you did what you knew how to do to correct that situation. Others here are just pointing out they may have handled it differently. But maybe we are all wrong, consider this.

If this is in fact the point then the car being slow isn’t the reason you sold it like the story reads. Supporting logic is as follows; this driver is an idiot, he is driving a Camaro and therefore every Camaro driver is a idiot. Then you realize you drive a Camaro, this makes you a Camaro driving idiot and you want no part of said idiocy therefore the car has to go. More reasonable logic says he is an isolated Camaro driving idiot and that doesn’t make you one and you would not have had to sell your car. After all these years we find out there was flawed judgement in the sale of your car because I’m sure you aren’t saying everyone is an idiot, that would be crazy.

Also, the other point everyone is missing is that you still have a fast car in the stable and all is good in the world. Now you have that slow GTA you need to sell. Post some pics and let the bidding start!

Lastly, everyone knows all of this back and forth is in good fun, nobody is really butt hurt about it. Although if you did mean the idiot thing that may be hard to recover. Keep the comedy going!
People either can't read, or can't comprehend, or any combination.
The IROC has been gone for more than 10 years. It wasn't sold because it was slow, even though it was beat by a Volkswagen 4 cylinder(supercharged), it was impractical at the time.
Would I like to still have it...sure. It was a low mile, mint car.

The GTA...yep it's slow. It has the little, stock small block LS3, outputting the lowly 430hp and 425lb.ft. I really should sell it since it's so slow, as proven by a friend's Firehawk, and his little 'ol LT4 that will tear mine a new one.

Originally Posted by Manic Z
Hahahaha.....I would hardly call 'without exceeding the speed limit' a 'race'.
In your infinite wisdom... I never called it a "race". Just an embarrassment, kind of like your post.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

People either can't read, or can't comprehend, or any combination.
The IROC has been gone for more than 10 years. It wasn't sold because it was slow, even though it was beat by a Volkswagen 4 cylinder(supercharged), it was impractical at the time.
Would I like to still have it...sure. It was a low mile, mint car.

The GTA...yep it's slow. It has the little, stock small block LS3, outputting the lowly 430hp and 425lb.ft. I really should sell it since it's so slow, as proven by a friend's Firehawk, and his little 'ol LT4 that will tear mine a new one.

In your infinite wisdom... I never called it a "race". Just an embarrassment, kind of like your post.
Just going to point out the obvious here, YOU are being quite the DICK in your responses. You start a thread about how bad *** you're soccer mom wagon is compared to a 30 year old semi muscle car, on a 3rd gen forum, and then get all bent out of shape when some feel that you are calling their car ****. Are you by chance related to that other asshat that started the post about the 344 mile original IROC at Barrett Jackson?
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 04:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1991 RS
Engine: 5.0

Cruising down the highway after dinner, and we see this IROC weaving in and out of traffic. We came up to a stop light, and we were in the opposite lane, and just happened to get beside this beast of a Camaro.
He kept revving it, and nudging forward. The light turned green, and he took off, like he was all that. We got rolling, and eventually caught up to him again because of traffic. He wasn't able to bob and weave.
Our lane creeped forward of his, and the cars in front of us moved into the slow lane. We were going past the cars, and were moving over to the slow lane, when here comes Horsepower Harry up beside us. He started lunging so, I figured what the heck, and dropped a gear, and pushed to half throttle (maybe a little more). Mr. HH was nowhere to be seen, and I glanced in my rearview, to see him quite a distance behind us. I let off, and eventually, he finally caught up and passed us, like the boss he was.
This was in our comfortable Grand Cherokee.......V6. Now I remember.
Cool story. Everyone sell your thirdgens and lets shut down this site then buy Jeep Cherokees. Then we can be awesome like the OP.
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 08:34 AM
Supreme Member

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3:42 Auburn

Originally Posted by RS Chris
Cool story. Everyone sell your thirdgens and lets shut down this site then buy Jeep Cherokees. Then we can be awesome like the OP.
I think I will just keep mine, it's not an IROC anyway so I guess I will be o.k.

I just don't get the comparison we have to make nowadays. It just gets me. Is this how the flathead guys felt when they came out with the SBC? We are living in the golden age of performance right here before us. We should appreciate this, not compare it. As the OP said there is no comparison in the cool factor, the 3rd gen has it! I don't care if you put a turbine in that Jeep, it still won't draw every employee working @ Wendy's to the drive up window to check it out! And that's the fact Jack.
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 05:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 82 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 350 Vortec, sprayed
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Spooled Strange 12 bolt, 3.73 gears

How are you going to post something like this on an fbody forum, get butthurt at all the fbody people basically laughing at you, and then say they're butthurt?
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 08:46 PM

Cruising down the highway after dinner, and we see this IROC weaving in and out of traffic. We came up to a stop light, and we were in the opposite lane, and just happened to get beside this beast of a Camaro.
He kept revving it, and nudging forward. The light turned green, and he took off, like he was all that. We got rolling, and eventually caught up to him again because of traffic. He wasn't able to bob and weave.
Our lane creeped forward of his, and the cars in front of us moved into the slow lane. We were going past the cars, and were moving over to the slow lane, when here comes Horsepower Harry up beside us. He started lunging so, I figured what the heck, and dropped a gear, and pushed to half throttle (maybe a little more). Mr. HH was nowhere to be seen, and I glanced in my rearview, to see him quite a distance behind us. I let off, and eventually, he finally caught up and passed us, like the boss he was.
This was in our comfortable Grand Cherokee.......V6. Now I remember.
Huh, that is interesting. If it wasn't a race, what exactly did you 'beat' and 'embarrass' him in? Downshifting?

T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 09:06 PM

Anyway, it's obvious the original post is fabricated and TireSmokin' is trolling.
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 12:14 PM

We're printing some of these for window/bumper stickers and passing them out.
It's kind of a joke now, after showing the responses in this thread.

Thanks for the laughs!

Old 01-22-2019, 12:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans-Am
Engine: 454-Motown SBC w/HSR
Transmission: 6-Speed

Yeah okay lmao.... printing and passing them out, get a freaking life lol.

He started lunging so, I figured what the heck, and dropped a gear, and pushed to half throttle (maybe a little more). Mr. HH was nowhere to be seen...
Specs datasheet with technical data and performance data plus an analysis of the direct market competition of Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit AWD 3.6L V6 (aut. 8) in 2017 the model with 5-door sport-utility wagon body and V-6 3604 cm3 / 220.2 cui engine size, 210 kW / 286 PS / 282 hp (ECE) of power, 347 Nm / 256 lb-ft of torque, 8-speed automatic with manual shift mode powertrain offered since January 2017 for Europe . Specifications listing with the outside and inside dimensions, fuel economy, top speed, performance factory data and ProfessCars™ estimation: this Jeep would accelerate 0-60 mph in 8.3 sec, 0-100 km/h in 8.8 sec, 0-200 km/h in 49.1 sec and quarter mile time is 16.3 sec.

Half throttle ehh? Nowhere to be seen lmao? In your dreams.

Tire smokin ehh? Sounds like you're smoking something entirely different lmao.
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by TPI-454
Yeah okay lmao.... printing and passing them out, get a freaking life lol.

Half throttle ehh? Nowhere to be seen lmao? In your dreams.

Tire smokin ehh? Sounds like you're smoking something entirely different lmao.
So the specs say the guys whole story is bullsh*t haha.
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 12:54 PM

Specs datasheet with technical data and performance data plus an analysis of the direct market competition of Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit AWD 3.6L V6 (aut. 8) in 2017 the model with 5-door sport-utility wagon body and V-6 3604 cm3 / 220.2 cui engine size, 210 kW / 286 PS / 282 hp (ECE) of power, 347 Nm / 256 lb-ft of torque, 8-speed automatic with manual shift mode powertrain offered since January 2017 for Europe . Specifications listing with the outside and inside dimensions, fuel economy, top speed, performance factory data and ProfessCars™ estimation: this Jeep would accelerate 0-60 mph in 8.3 sec, 0-100 km/h in 8.8 sec, 0-200 km/h in 49.1 sec and quarter mile time is 16.3 sec.

Learn to read jackass. This isn't Europe, and ours isn't AWD. Yes... that eats HP. Now look up the American version...at 295hp.
Gonna spew information... get it correct.

Like I said... Amusement.

Here you go Mr. TPI-454()---
  • Engine. 3.6L V6 24V VVT UPG I W/ESS (Standard) 5.7L V8 MDS VVT. ...
  • Horsepower. 295 @ 6400 RPM. ...
  • Torque. 260 @ 4000 RPM. ...
  • Max Towing Capacity. 6,200 lbs.
  • Drivetrain. Four Wheel Drive.
  • Transmission. 8-Speed Automatic (850Re) (Standard) ...
  • Fuel Tank Capacity, Approx. 24.6 gal.
  • EPA Fuel Economy Est (MPG) MPG City: 18 / MPG Hwy: 25.
Try your comprehension skills.

Thanks for playing though.
More

Last edited by TireSmokin'; 01-22-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:05 PM
Supreme Member

Received 193 Likes on 167 Posts

I have the opposite problem.... I take my '71 Camaro out and get continually harassed by people in all sorts of "azz hats" in newer cars... everything ranging from Ferraris to Toyotas. They do all sorts of crazy $h!t to goad me into racing them.... and for what?

What are they trying to prove? That car companies with hundreds of millions of dollars in R&D budgets can produce something that can beat a ~50 year old car built by a guy in his garage? And that they were "bad ***" enough to go buy one? lol... please.
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 01:08 PM

Learn to read jackass. This isn't Europe, and ours isn't AWD. Yes... that eats HP. Now look up the American version...at 295hp.
Gonna spew information... get it correct.

Like I said... Amusement.

Here you go Mr. TPI-454()---
  • Engine. 3.6L V6 24V VVT UPG I W/ESS (Standard) 5.7L V8 MDS VVT. ...
  • Horsepower. 295 @ 6400 RPM. ...
  • Torque. 260 @ 4000 RPM. ...
  • Max Towing Capacity. 6,200 lbs.
  • Drivetrain. Four Wheel Drive.
  • Transmission. 8-Speed Automatic (850Re) (Standard) ...
  • Fuel Tank Capacity, Approx. 24.6 gal.
  • EPA Fuel Economy Est (MPG) MPG City: 18 / MPG Hwy: 25.
Try your comprehension skills.

Thanks for playing though.
More
Wrong or not- you probably shouldn't be calling people jackass considering you're the peter puffer here trying to pump up your modern day grannymobile.
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 01:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans-Am
Engine: 454-Motown SBC w/HSR
Transmission: 6-Speed

Originally Posted by GEN Xer
So the specs say the guys whole story is bullsh*t haha.
What he is saying is absolute bullcrap. He is now crying about not having AWD, and that this isn't Europe, when he simply has no clue what depicts a vehicle's speed. A couple of hundred pounds in either direction is a mere 1/10 per hundred in the ET as far as racing is concerned, and since "he", not me, but "he" stated "half throttle" in the Grand Cherokee with the Camaro nowhere to be seen soon after, just goes to show how retarded he is. If he depressed the throttle only halfway in a RWD Grand Cherokee, and pulled that Camaro, then either that Camaro was standing still, or it was in reverse lmao. Either way the OP just made himself look ridiculously foolish, and now has dug a hole and he cannot get out of it. His story is absolute bullcrap
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by TPI-454
What he is saying is absolute bullcrap. He is now crying about not having AWD, and that this isn't Europe, when he simply has no clue what depicts a vehicle's speed. A couple of hundred pounds in either direction is a mere 1/10 per hundred in the ET as far as racing is concerned, and since "he", not me, but "he" stated "half throttle" in the Grand Cherokee with the Camaro nowhere to be seen soon after, just goes to show how retarded he is. If he depressed the throttle only halfway in a RWD Grand Cherokee, and pulled that Camaro, then either that Camaro was standing still, or it was in reverse lmao. Either way the OP just made himself look ridiculously foolish, and now has dug a hole and he cannot get out of it. His story is absolute bullcrap

Nothing to prove. Some people (TPI-454 as an example) are juvenile, and go to great lengths to prove it to other juvenile's on a forum.
I whooped an IROC in my elderly vehicle. Get over it.
Bring yours by, and we can see this amazing machine you have. Ha!

Feel free to continue your uneducated banter. I won't be returning to this thread. This should give you time to get those pink panties out of their wad, and put back on.
Poor offended third gen owners. Watch those JGC's, or Miata's, or the Prius.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:39 PM
Supreme Member

Received 546 Likes on 376 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45

So, it was meant as a joke. Cool, I get it.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:50 PM

Bye troll.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:11 PM

Car: 82 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 350 Vortec, sprayed
Axle/Gears: Spooled Strange 12 bolt, 3.73 gears

Makes me remember why I sold my piece of crap Cherokee...

Bye hun, good luck with that "jeep" lol
Old 01-23-2019, 04:01 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC
Axle/Gears: 3:42

Buh buh troll. He does need a bumper sticker that says "My wife lets me drive her soccer mom jeep because a truck is too manly for me".
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Chopski
Buh buh troll. He does need a bumper sticker that says "My wife lets me drive her soccer mom jeep because a truck is too manly for me".
You're being too generous. I'm sure it was him mom's SUV, not his wife's.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:11 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Car: 1984 Z28 HO
Engine: 305
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Reminds me of a story in my younger years. Hot Rod mag just came out with story of the new mustang that could dip into the 13's. My Nova was running 13.1 at the track (I know slow by today's standards). I just upgraded from 350 to 400 and 1st night out a new mustang owner was looking for a 13 second car to race. We all drove out and waited forever for him to show up. Finish was overpass where the spectators watched. Finally had us lined up and just walked away from him until I hit 3rd gear and saw everybody scattering from the overpass (scanner had the cops on their way). I let off and calmly drove back into town. Of course he drove by me. His story was he blew me away.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:20 AM
Supreme Member

Received 721 Likes on 490 Posts
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 355 TBI
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt.Posi-3.73s

I say if you want to compare1/4 times of a thirdgen vs a Jeep Cherokee, Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima, Dodge pickup...WATEVER...Pleaser compare them 1988 vs 1988 or 1985 vs 1985 vice versa. Then this would not be a conversation. A damn stupid conversation.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:55 PM
Supreme Member

Received 190 Likes on 128 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC Z Convertible
Engine: 305 TPI (LB9)
Transmission: 700 R4
Axle/Gears: G80 GU2

Originally Posted by dmccain
I say if you want to compare1/4 times of a thirdgen vs a Jeep Cherokee, Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima, Dodge pickup...WATEVER...Pleaser compare them 1988 vs 1988 or 1985 vs 1985 vice versa. Then this would not be a conversation. A damn stupid conversation.
Even with a 29-33 year old difference:

2014 Jeep Cherokee V6 (290hp) 1/4 mile 15.8

1985 IROC Z 305 TPI 1/4 mile 14.8

There’s videos of 5.7L running 14.1-14.4 stock.. The V6 Grand Cherokee isn’t going to win any drag races against a TPI car.. sorry to reiterate..

A 2018 Grand Cherokee with 295hp runs a 15.7 1/4 mile and would lose to a 5.7 or 5.0 TPI car by a second or more.. imagine a finish line and the tick of a watch.. it’s a decent distance..

That’s the facts and not a pretend race in traffic.. And I’m not even saying IROCs are fast! I think this dude might think his Jeep is fast or something, which is ridiculous..

T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 camaro convertible
Engine: 355 c.i.
Transmission: auto 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.90 moser 12 bolt

Man is there a lot of thin skinned butt hurt people in this thread

When I read the first post I laughed my butt off
because I was that kid 40 years ago on more than one occasion
got my doors blown off

But I didnt come up with a bunch of sorry *** excuses on why I did
the fact was my car was slow

I also didnt claim my car was cooler and got more attention on the road or any where else
than a new car

that sounds to much like a poser to me

If someone is gonna drive like they have a fast car and instigate a race at a stop light and they lose it means there car is slower
doesnt matter when it was made or what they were racing against

making a bunch of sorry butt excuses to justify why a 3RD gen got whooped sounds like a bunch of immature 8 year old kids crying about something not being fair
Old 01-24-2019, 01:05 PM

Bottom Line
Driving my GTA down the street brings smiles to my face. Period!!!
2006 Explorer just a truck to use.
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 01:06 PM
Supreme Member

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill B
When I read the first post I laughed my butt off because I was that kid 40 years ago on more than one occasion
got my doors blown off. But I didnt come up with a bunch of sorry *** excuses on why I did the fact was my car was slow.
Did the guy driving the Camaro in this story come up with a sorry excuse? Is he even here in this thread defending himself, or was he conjured up by someone's imagination? Sounds to me like you didn't even read the story. Not to mention, any third gen Camaro being "pulled" by a fifteen second Grand Cherokee at only half throttle was more than likely a 2.8 V6, at least that is what factual Science would tell someone with half of a brain...

- Rob
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 01:33 PM

Man is there a lot of thin skinned butt hurt people in this thread

When I read the first post I laughed my butt off
because I was that kid 40 years ago on more than one occasion
got my doors blown off

But I didnt come up with a bunch of sorry *** excuses on why I did
the fact was my car was slow

I also didnt claim my car was cooler and got more attention on the road or any where else
than a new car

that sounds to much like a poser to me

If someone is gonna drive like they have a fast car and instigate a race at a stop light and they lose it means there car is slower
doesnt matter when it was made or what they were racing against

making a bunch of sorry butt excuses to justify why a 3RD gen got whooped sounds like a bunch of immature 8 year old kids crying about something not being fair
Look^^^ It's another Grand Cherokee owner!
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 02:55 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by GEN Xer
Look^^^ It's another Grand Cherokee owner!
It’s not butthurt, it’s facts vs. BS

Thirdgens do get more attention than new cars. Not everyone appreciates them but they do stand out and receive nods from the nostalgia they evoke. In marketing, in business, and in life nostalgia is very powerful and Jeeps built in the late 2000’s don’t have that. Thirdgens are cool looking cars and stand out. Many people bought them back in the day for the style more than the speed.

Also, I call BS on a Grand Cherokee V6 which does tested 1/4 mile runs from 15.8-16.1 beating even a 14.8 second 1985 IROC with a 305 TPI motor at half throttle.

To top it off, posting it on an enthusiast forum for that car saying essentially “I passed a guy on a road with that car and I’m pretty sure he was trying to race me but I smoked him and it made me glad I sold that turd car.”

I have a bone stock convertible and I don’t race people because I know the car is no race car. I’m not butt hurt (not sure if anyone else is).. It’s just a weird thing to post and it’s factually untrue.

The guy would have less pushback if it he beat a thirdgen with a V6 Camaro to which everyone would say, “No crap dude, want a trophy for the most obvious victory ever?” Still sounds dicky to come here and say that.
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
Did the guy driving the Camaro in this story come up with a sorry excuse? Is he even here in this thread defending himself, or was he conjured up by someone's imagination? Sounds to me like you didn't even read the story. Not to mention, any third gen Camaro being "pulled" by a fifteen second Grand Cherokee at only half throttle was more than likely a 2.8 V6, at least that is what factual Science would tell someone with half of a brain...

- Rob
LOL
The sorry excuses are coming from the butt hurt members on here like you
He may be one of the members on here 'defending' these sorry excuses of a Camaro for all anybody knows

Factual science tells me when your out on the street playing games with no rules or a Christmas tree you can get owned by a lot of "slower" cars
As far as half a brain anybody that thinks there is anything special about a 3RD gen and has to come up with all this B.S.to defend them
doesnt even have that much of a brain

Old 01-24-2019, 04:16 PM

Third gen members are sure experiencing cabin fever

Anybody have something fun, feel good, exciting to post?
Old 01-24-2019, 04:31 PM
Supreme Member

Now it’s a brain size fight I see.. We are no longer talking about how V6 Cherokees are slower than 3rd properly equipped stock Thirdgens..

If it’s not a real race where both participants are definitely pursuing a win it’s weird to boasting about passing a car within speed limits on the internet. When racing from a rolling start we used to beep 3 times and take turns because if someone gets a half second jump, yeah a slower car will pull and for a few seconds they may be deceived into thinking they are faster. I wouldn’t assume a Jeep would be racing me so if they stomped on it and then I responded, yeah, they’d have the advantage. I’d want to get to the next light and show them what’s up though.

I will say the Jeep might have a higher top speed than some Thirdgens and definitely more gears but no one here cares so why brag about it?

I do think the Jeep Trailhawk is pretty cool.. 707 hp.. damn!

T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 04:33 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by dlinger
Third gen members are sure experiencing cabin fever

Anybody have something fun, feel good, exciting to post?
Well, in that winter crap.. yup, the Jeep will win for sure!

Definitely some cabin fever going on..
Old 01-24-2019, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by 88IROCvertZ

Well, in that winter crap.. yup, the Jeep will win for sure!

Definitely some cabin fever going on..
I walked over to subway to grab a sandwich and saw 3rd gen Formula at the light. I was too concerned about walking the un-shoveled sidewalk to snap a pic. He wasn't getting around too bad.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:49 PM
Supreme Member

I daily drove my 87 as a teenager.. had Z28 wheels with snow tires and 100lbs in the trunk.. I made it through..
Old 01-24-2019, 07:23 PM
COTM Editor

Received 1,855 Likes on 1,270 Posts
Car: '89 Firebird
Engine: 7.0L

Boy, slow pokes sure are bitter people.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:43 PM
Supreme Member

LOL
The sorry excuses are coming from the butt hurt members on here like you
He may be one of the members on here 'defending' these sorry excuses of a Camaro for all anybody knows

Factual science tells me when your out on the street playing games with no rules or a Christmas tree you can get owned by a lot of "slower" cars
As far as half a brain anybody that thinks there is anything special about a 3RD gen and has to come up with all this B.S.to defend them
doesnt even have that much of a brain
Awh, did I hurt your feelings there Bill? You trying to make it personal lol? Okay... so let's make it personal. "Forty years ago you were that kid on many occasion", well, I don't doubt you were that slow as a kid, because you sound just as slow as an adult, especially in your speech. Not to mention that places you in your late 50's today, so, umm, really Bill? Are you this desperate for attention that you would come to the defense and aid of someone with a fabricated story? No life? No wife? Or perhaps you simply failed at both, and couldn't satisfy either of them lol. Forty years ago you were probably rocking the Bee Gee's in a Gremlin lmao.

- Rob
T.L. (11-10-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 07:48 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by QwkTrip
Boy, slow pokes sure are bitter people.
I know man.. I can’t imagine what it’s like driving a 16 second AWD vehicle..

I mean, how do you even get on the highway!
Old 01-24-2019, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
Awh, did I hurt your feelings there Bill? You trying to make it personal lol? Okay... so let's make it personal. "Forty years ago you were that kid on many occasion", well, I don't doubt you were that slow as a kid, because you sound just as slow as an adult, especially in your speech. Not to mention that places you in your late 50's today, so, umm, really Bill? Are you this desperate for attention that you would come to the defense and aid of someone with a fabricated story? No life? No wife? Or perhaps you simply failed at both, and couldn't satisfy either of them lol. Forty years ago you were probably rocking the Bee Gee's in a Gremlin lmao.

- Rob
LMFAO
Why dont you ask your momma how well I do
Talking about no life now thats funny coming from somebody that has over 9000 posts on just one internet forum

So tell me Street limper do you still live at home in momma's basement ?
And as far as getting personal you got personal with the OP long ago and anybody else that didnt agree with you which says a lot about your ego,vanity and intelligence
Old 01-25-2019, 05:30 AM
Supreme Member

lol

Old 01-25-2019, 08:35 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 1989 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 383
Transmission: WCT5
Axle/Gears: 3.23Posi