TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bests at track.... :) :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 10:15 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: Faster
Engine: Than
Transmission: You!
Traxion -

I would have PM'ed you, but you have it turned off. I dont know what your problem is, but every reply that has come from you towards me is negative. Lighten up guy, I mean how old are you anyways?

It seems that Moderators are "baiting" fights these days, but thats ok, right?

Last edited by 1bad91Z; 10-30-2003 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:26 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2005 Subaru STI
Engine: 153ci of Turbo Power!
Transmission: 6-Speed
I admit to baiting a discussion. Why? Because you make claims without anything to back them up. There are a lot of people on this board that take things as gospel just because somebody else says something. First you reply to me and say YES that you do have OVER 350rwhp. I ask for the dyno or track times and you have none. Then I come over to this post and see that you have said that you are trying very hard to crack into the 11's. How can you be trying hard if you haven't even gone to the track?

I apologize for coming off so harsh. I'm sorry ... I truly am. However, what you type is seen by hundreds of people. If you make claims PLEASE have some real data (track or dyno) to back them up. That is all that I ask. I know for a fact that Jesse goes to the track quite often. To compare what you are doing to what he is doing is ... well ... it's just not a comparison.

Tim
Old 10-30-2003, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Z28
Engine: Forged 383
Transmission: Pro-built 700R4
I kind of agree Trax, I do however feel that if you pull on an 02 Z06 that you obviously must be making upwards of 330rwhp and close to 400rwtq at least. I also think Mike g-teched around a 12-flat at 111 or so. Before I get grilled for these refrences not being "hard copied" factual data, we all know by now that G-techs are fairly accurate for et and you usually subtract 4-5mph from what the g-tech says. It's because of this fact that Mike does have some proof that his car runs, but I don't know if it's enough data to actually claim that his car is a 12-flat car. I'll leave that to the track.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:51 AM
Banned

Engine: 2 mice and a cat
I by no means am taking any sides here.....

But a few things....

There are very few people anywhere on this board that share time slips, dyno or pertinant information that would cement that a claim is valid.

Furthermore, regardless of who writes it, reads it, or endorses it, we all have to use our own heads to sift through the information.

I still say that track times give the total package results. I am scheduled to tune this car this weekend. That just was put on a dyno a week ago. It made 401 rwhp...then the next day ran 10.2@131 MPH!!!!

I can honestly say if your after just numbers, then get on a dyno and tune to your heart content for a good number...but if your after a good slip, go to the strip and do it.

There are a zillion and one things that govern the outcome of a packages performance. A 1000hp motor put in a crappy suspension car is going to be slow...but he still has a 1000 hp motor.

These board, nearly everyone of them are 95% based on nothing more than words. Which is fine if you realize that. I agrue, as much as anyone with people over stuff. But usually when they ignore the facts that are infront of them with REAL proof. Otherwise I would not have a leg to stand on.

There are many instances....if I could have asked everyone here in a poll, what my motor would have made with 24# injectors, full race weight car, 3.07 gear, SR, max RPM of 5150RPM, etc....there would have probably been 1 guy that said low 11s...and that was coolcorkvette1, because that is what he is running. The only reason people listen to me now and some reconsider their thinking of the above mentioned things is because I have given 100% proof in about every way possible. ETs/MPH, videos, dyno, personal invites to watch the car,,,hell trax just got one for this weekend.

Without these solid proof items, nearly all would have called and I would have been dismissed.

I guess what I am getting at through all this, is people have to 1st think for themselves, use the good information provided to sift through the rest, and make a final decision that is best for what they themselves are doing.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:18 AM
Supreme Member

Yes, I have run in the 11's on a gtech and I have raced and beat a few mid to low 12 second cars. I know that isn't paper results and I do know the gtech isn't perfectly accurate, but it's a ballpark idea of what the car can do. I will have paper results before too long. I have run into a dead end in the PROM, so once I and maybe with help of others get this corrected, then "paper" results will hopefully follow shortly as I stated in the 350rwhp debate.

I help people all I can on this board to the best of my ability as well as offer my opinions when asked. However, I do not dish out personal attacks like others here, so like I said..........lighten up people!

Hopefully this wont be considered a "free post"??? WTF is that anyway? Should people not feel free to post their thoughts on a public bulletin board as long as noone personally attacks another?

Just my "free post" on this topic!
Old 10-30-2003, 11:25 AM

Wow, 11's, Mike? Not too bad. Every one I've know w/ a g-tech actually runs better at the track if the track prep is good. Good luck getting those slips. I don't think there's much wrong w/ posting just to get a laugh or make a wise-remark if it's subjected related. I think it's good for people to let there personalities shine on here, since it's much easier than in real life. It's also good to keep things alive here. How old with this forum get without the likes of Ski and Grumpy going at and such?
Old 10-30-2003, 01:19 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by 1bad91Z
I have run into a dead end in the PROM, so once I and maybe with help of others get this corrected, then "paper" results will hopefully follow shortly
Tell me what you need and I will help out the best that I can.

Tim
Old 10-30-2003, 01:46 PM

Tim, if you're giving any advice, what do you think about titanium retainers? I was going to pm you awhile back, but I saw that you disabled yours, obviously due to getting too many newbie q's and too many q's in general. Anyway, I'm running the combo in my sig. I talked to Terry at TPIS and said running tit. rets wouldn't be a bad thing since I will shift at 6700rpms. What do you think are they worth it? I'm trying to get more than one opinion on this.

Anybody elses opinions are welcome..(Ski, Mike, Cork)
Old 10-30-2003, 01:53 PM
Banned

Good retainers are NEVER a bad idea.....spend a little now, or a whole lot more later.

My dad got SUPER lucky with the chevelles original 396 a few years back. A retainer left loose, he lost a valve, shut it down immediately expecting the worst. Fortunately the valve stayed up and did not smack into the piston! No ones could explain why it stayed up, but had it not it would have most likely do a crapload of damage. Piston/head/valve....$$$$$ That was the last time that motor saw the strip. The original motor/car combo is worth too much $$ to risk damage, so we pulled it out and replaced it with the Merlin 509.

Moral of the story is, if your revving to 4000RPM and have the option to get a good retainer, for the little bit more they are DO IT! Believe me, one less thing to worry about on a setup is well worth the few extra bucks.

BTW: Did I mention I think your on crack for running that motor up that high
Old 10-30-2003, 02:06 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by camarojoe
what do you think about titanium retainers?
I absolutely - positively - think they are worth it. One of the biggest improvements you can make when running a motor to higher RPMs is to lighten your valvetrain. Titanium retainers are an easy way to do it. Does it give you horsepower ... small ... very small. Definitely nothing you can feel. But, if you are revving a motor high then they are cheap insurance. Your springs don't have to work as hard - that's always a good thing.

Tim
Old 10-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Supreme Member

If money is available to get upgrades on any parts as far as strength is concerned, then by all means get 'em! A combination is only as good as it's weakest part IMO.

For other's like myself, spare $$$ is a big issue, so I would get the best parts that you can afford.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:50 PM

Thanks guys. I just called the machine shop and told them to put the tit. retainers on.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:18 PM

The only reason people listen to me now and some reconsider their thinking of the above mentioned things is because I have given 100% proof in about every way possible. ETs/MPH, videos, dyno, personal invites to watch the car,,,hell trax just got one for this weekend
Exactly. Not saying I am anywhere near an expert on combo of parts, but I was even surprised by your results, and was very glad you had the data to show me how you made your conclusions. Without it, honestly I would have shrugged it all off as being not probable in my opinion. Once again, good job on that !

If everyone could document their claims, this place would have a lot less bickering :
Old 10-30-2003, 08:22 PM

Car: 89 Iroc
Engine: 383
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.45
That's why I try to keep all of my dyno sheets and timeslips. I also posted all of the info of my webpage for others to see and compare.

KevinG: What was the best you ran with your old 383 SR setup and what kind of power was it putting out?
Also what stall were you running?
Old 10-30-2003, 11:29 PM

Car: 89 Irocz
Engine: 350TPI $6E
Transmission: 700R4
Jessie, Do you check your PM?
I had a question for you.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:13 AM
Banned