TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAT/IAT and CTS readings?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 Formula
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: Posi
MAT/IAT and CTS readings?

Hey guys thanks in advance I have an 88 formula 5.0 T.P.I and iv been having problems with my idle hunting all the time. Poor fuel economy and Sometimes when i come to a stop when i put the clutch in my rpms shoot up to 2500 sometimes more instead of going down to idle i have to tap the gas a few times to get it down. They said it was my choke but then i told them it was F.I and they had no idea what to look for (friend). Anyway i was trying to read my ohms on the iat when cold but it wouldnt pick up any reading. So i drove it to warm up the engine (set iac and tps) i got it to 220 and checked the iat again along with the mat.
Intake air temp 736 and droping
Coolant temp sensor 236 and rising
I read on here it should read the same when warmed up? Is one of my sensors bad? and wich one or should i just replace both? and would this help with my problems im getting? also when i buy a new one what should it read when cold? Thanks again..
Old 10-15-2007, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 Formula
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: Posi
Re: MAT/IAT and CTS readings?

Hey kind of a late post but i found out part of what was going on with this thing. I went ahead and replaced the sensors on both ends. Didnt help at all what a big surprise right? Well i replaced my pcv that helped my idle a little but not the gas at all. Well i did some more digging and found that hidden on the bottom of my mas air flow sensor the wires were striped and exposed not by much but two wires were touching so taped em up and now im at 800 rpms it hunts but by only a hundred rpms or less at idle. The wires were swinging and toched the front pullys stripping them. As for the gass mileage im stumped. Im gonna go replace my muffler today and cross my fingers. Cause its imploded on itself. The seems are good but the muffler itself looks like bam bam got a hold of it. Its crushed downward in the middle so im hoping cause of that its not flowing right causing back pressure. I also rplaced to cats so they could be still in there? Ill re post in a few weeks to see the results. Thanks agian.........