TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

injectors not pulsating.will run on starting fluid.???please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 06:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Camaro
Engine: 350
Transmission: 6 Speed
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 370
Re: injectors not pulsating.will run on starting fluid.???please help!!

My car will not even start at times.Then it will run great then just stop.Vats?
Dont understand it.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Sponsor

Received 649 Likes on 573 Posts
Car: 1967 Camaro, 91 z28
Engine: Lb9
Transmission: M20
Axle/Gears: J65 pbr on stock posi 10bolt

When it doesn't start use a spark tester and a noid light to try to pinpoint were your issue is.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:50 PM

Can some one help please ...I have a 95 firebird 3.4 sfi . Im not getting power to my fuel pump or my injecters I used a wire from battery to prime wire and fuel pump kicks on and I get fuel to the rail but whenturn key on no fuel pump amd no Iinjectors starts up with starting fluid in the intake please help ...changed pass key . Computer and wire harness for entire car still nothing please help tjanks
Old 02-28-2014, 03:54 PM

I was having the same issue and I beleive that I have just solved it. My injectors have been having an intermediate problem of not working. One time the Camaro cut out when I hit a bump. Today it just would not start after I shut it off warm. a while ago it did the same thing but I got it to work with a jump, but I now know that it was not the lack of power specifically that kept it from starting, I had just ran down the battery trying too many times and the minor engine vibration must have reconnected the loose connection. That connection is what I belive to have been my problem. It seems to be the ignition control module connectors. One grey and one black. my black one or which ever one has the red wire going to it, was severed. So I jumped it while the car had no starting issues thinking it would be a good idea either way and not that it was the main problem. Later on I just cut it, exposed the wire and wrapped it around the terminal male plug. This seemed to not be efficiant enough becuase today while trying to diagnose my no start, I unplugged it and repositioned it tighter around the plug terminal and vola...presto...badow! I hope this will help others relize that this injector not firing problem where there is fuel pressure to the lines could very well mean that your ignition module, the small box that is connected with one spark plug wire to the distributor, is not getting the signal to spark, and with that, the fuel injectors are also not getting the correct signal to pulse. Please correct me if I am wrong about any terms or such, but this is what got me back home. That and the help from these forums. Love yall...
Old 09-25-2014, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by OldManZ
Same thing here. Just bought an 89 Formula 350 that has been sitting for a few years. Determined fuel pump was bad and changed that out tonight along with nasty fuel filter. Car will start on ether but will not run. It was late and I wanted to get home but a friend quickly did a test with his power probe and he said we had power to injectors but they were not back feeding a ground?

Same friend drives a 85 vette with a built 400TPI and is a 15 year mechanic. He is the local TPI guru around here so hopefuly we will get to the bottom of this in the next few days and I will post our finds.
What ended up being the problem?