TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is this the right cable???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 IrocZ.
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
is this the right cable???

87 Iroc 5.0 TPI 700R4 just got my new TV Cable in after the cheap plastic clip broke on the old one. Only place that had one was ecklers corvette parts. (part number 25521263). It looks the same as the old one except it has both that plastic clip AND a barrel on the end..will this be an issue or can i just adjust the cable and go? theres no way i can see to get the barrel off without cutting the cable. and the for adjustment..i just hold the button and push the end all the way IN then release the button..then go to wide open throttle and i should ratchet out and be set on its own right?
Attached Thumbnails is this the right cable???-cable.jpg  
Old 08-23-2018, 09:58 AM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC-Z
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.45
Re: is this the right cable???

First, cheap plastic piece that has lasted 31 years... really?

The clip is what you will use, possibly the barrel with stick out and not be an issue, looks like you have a "univeral" piece.

Make sure you check the overall length with your old one. They need to be close to the same. Yes, in theory, it is self adjusting. Do some research and you will see this doesn't always work by the book and you can set it by adjusting the slider manually. I just with through adjusting mine and it did not ratchet. I just adjusted in manually until shift mph and firmness felt "right". Better to be on the firm side that on the soft side as low pressure can damage your transmission.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 IrocZ.
Engine: 305 TPI
Re: is this the right cable???

First, cheap plastic piece that has lasted 31 years... really?
Yeah..really..its the 4th one the car has had.Im sure there are some that have. Dont get me wrong.. Im the biggest 80's CamaroTard fan of the Iroc Z but seriously come on.... car has "lasted" 31 years..go ahead and tell me the build quality was anything more than subpar on a third gen..they were rattle cans from the factory. LOL just look at the dashes...plastic was crap back then...now the abs stuff in new cars..different story.

Anyway...im just throwing a little s**t in the game haha..i really do appreciate your help man..ill dig into it this afternoon.