Transmissions and Drivetrain Need help with your trans? Problems with your axle?

GM...non-fbody though ... what crap!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 10:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GM...non-fbody though ... what crap!!

My wife just told me that today when they (she and our daughter) went to take her(our daughter) driving test that she was never allowed to demonstrate her skills. Seems the headlights would work but the high beams would not come on. So the field tester for the state said the whole test is a no go and the next time after we reschedule the car had better come back with the high beams working. What a **** can full! My wife miss work and daughter miss school for part of the day.......Has anyone heard of such a f#cked up ordeal.....I'm sure this ol'b1tch was on a major power trip. Now....nuff said there... It's a 95 Beretta . I'm thinking it's the high beam switch itself. Pull it back and no click. Any recommendations on how to be sure before I tie into the steering column, i.e...fuses..testing... Also there's an airbag on the wheel....What precautions to take around that thing?.....First I'm not even sure if the wheel has to come off to get to it... Any help on where to begin? Thanks
Old 08-15-2002, 10:25 PM

Sorry ...wrong board post....please move.....Thanks
Old 08-16-2002, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the switch is the same as my GTA's it's on the outside of the column under the dashboard. The switch may not be bad, just out of adjustment. You have to drop the column to get to it, unless the Beretta has a ton of room under the dash. There should be two small bolts holding the switch to the column. Just have to loosen them (if not already loose) and slide the switch to adjust. I would look into how to disable the airbag first though. You sure don't want that thing letting go in your face

Good luck,

Russ
Old 08-17-2002, 11:02 PM

Before I could get started on it my wife told me she had already made an appointment with her favorite garage. I think before when we had discussed the fixing of that she sensed I was uneasy about the airbag stuff. Thanks anyways