Wheels and Tires Need help with wheels or tires? Got fitment issues? Have questions about tire performance and handling? Ask all of those questions here!

XXR 526 with 4th gen rear end

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro Z28
XXR 526 with 4th gen rear end

Hey all this is my 1st post...
I snapped my axle in my original 3rd gen rear end, decided good time to upgrade to the 4th gen rear end! Yay for brakes that actually work and a wider stance... But problem! My wheels I want and love on my car are now at risk to loosing them because of fitment! They fit fint on my original axle, even used some spacers! But now with the 4th gen axle being about 3 inches wider ( about the same size,with spacers I used to make it clear and look good from the bump stops with original axle)

But now that I bought a BRAND NEW set of XXR 526s with same 20 offset, I measured the deep dish for fun and it seems a little deeper than the original ones... Anyways off track... They both say 20 offset on both sets...

I'm having rubbing issues with my original set of wheels with the massive dent in them from snapping the old axle, not too much though, just a slight what feels like light contact, and the tire isn't taking massive damage, I decided to take the rear springs out which you'll see in the pictures, to see what kinda contact is being made with the tires... Especially because Im going to be lowering the car a inch or so with ground control weight jacks...
Keep in mind the tires are stretched to the 10.5 inch rims at 235/50s...

What can I do to fix or minimize the problem without loosing my wheels of choice or altering my axle?
I was thinking shorter tires?
More rolling of the fenders...
Maybe switching to GTA wheels that are 17s from hawks if I can't make it work!

Anyone else have this set up and made it work? Thanks a bunch!

New mocked up old laying on ground