How to Change a Transmission Mount
This article will step you through the removal and installation of a transmission mount.
Using a Poly mount is recommended. However it can cause more vibrations to be transferred to the car. Additional complications can arise with a poly mount due to its size being slightly out of spec.
Further conflicts can occur with sub-frame connectors and the poly mount.
After doing one tranny mount, doing it in the future shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes.
- Raise and support the car with jack stands.
- Remove the 15mm nut from the tranny mount stud.
- Use a 2×4 at least the width of the transmission pan on top of your jack and raise the transmission a few inches.
- Remove the two 14mm bolts from the mount to the transmission.
- Remove the mount, if it can’t be removed raise the transmission higher and try again.
- Install the new mount using the original 14mm bolts to the transmission and either the supplied cross member to mount bolts or the original 15mm bolt.
- Torque the bolts to spec.
- Return the car to the ground and go for a drive.