DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Tunerpro RT wont reconnect

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: S10's, K20
Tunerpro RT wont reconnect

I got my obd1 cable in Monday from aldlcable and got winaldl to work no problem. Went to Tunerpro rt and tried saving definition file from the site. My labtop is windows 10. When I right click I don't have a option to save so after playing with it for a while I clicked copy link and pasted it onto TP in the upload definition file and it downloaded it and it then connected. Dataloged on the way home and tried to datalog again and havnt been able to connect. Winaldl still works but TP doesn't connect. What am I doing wrong. I'm completely new to this and trying to learn on a stock truck before I swap from carbed 350 to TBI 383. My other truck won't work on either TP or winaldl. I ve got the com port set up and everything right some how but caint repeat it for it to connect. What am I doing wrong. Both are 93 5 speed but one is 2.8 and other is 4.3. Havnt tried the other truck, 88 2.8 5speed
Old 10-09-2015, 04:24 PM

Re: Tunerpro RT wont reconnect

I finally figured it out with the 93 2.8. I wasn't importing. Now I'm trying the 93 4.3 but TP stays and connecting in tanish Orange color but never does connect and turn blue.

This truck has a 4.3 from 95 astro with difernt cam. I took the cpi intake off and put the tbi intake and kept the cpi heads on. When I reset the ECM the truck runs really good but then I can feel timing being pulled or somthing and after several miles its lame. Reset ECM and it's powerful agian. No ses light.

I watched the 93 2.8 all stock to see what it's supposed to look like. Then for comparison wanted to see the 4.3.

Why would it just sit at DA connecting...?
Old 12-29-2015, 09:07 AM

Hello, Thanks for purchasing our products, good luck trying to get it to work! HA HA HA!!!!
Old 12-29-2015, 09:49 AM
Supreme Member

Received 193 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by ECUVOODOO
Hello, Thanks for purchasing our products, good luck trying to get it to work! HA HA HA!!!!
As a user of Tunerpro who's benefited tremendously from it, I'm actually quite offended by this.

So when YOU, Mr Junior member with 15 posts, sit down and spend the hours necessary to create software as useful and versatile as Tunerpro (and continue to spend even more hours supporting it and improving it), and then offer it up FOR FREE to the user community, then maybe you can make wise a$$ remarks.

Until then, kindly suggest you refrain from making such ignorant comments.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:53 AM
Supreme Member

Received 193 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by S10K20
Why would it just sit at DA connecting...?
I used to have that occur too... It happened with my old laptop, and then again with a another one I bought (both were Windows 7).

What would happen for me is that I'd iterate between various comm port settings within Tunerpro and various USB receptacles on the laptop until I found the combination that worked. At which point I always used the same port setting and receptacle from that point forward.

I'm not very computer savvy, so I can't explain the mechanics behind why that occurred. Maybe someone else on this board more knowledgeable can chime in.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:59 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 87 Monte Carlo SS
Engine: 89 350TPI Transplant
Transmission: 2004r
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Are you sure the com port settings are correct? The com port your cable is using and the com port setting in Turnerpro must match. I run Windows 10 with Turnerpro RT and it connects immediately and will datalog for about 10 minutes then will not re-connect after that. The only way I can get it to re-connect is to reboot the computer.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 86 Monte SS (730,$8D,G3,AP,4K,S_V4)
Engine: 406 Hyd Roller 236/242
Transmission: 700R4 HomeBrew, 2.4K stall
Axle/Gears: 3:73 Posi, 7.5 Soon to break

Using a Comm port monitor could help solve the problem.
They are available for free online.

Set it to watch the port you "think" is the right one and see if the command string that is in your ADX definition file is being sent out.

There should be a corresponding response string of data or a continuous stream of "X" number of items.
The send and response will repeat, sometimes there is not enough delay before the "repeat" setup in the ADX command. This can cause overwriting of the response data making it incorrect. Increasing the delay can remedy that.

Anyway, watching what is happening helps to figure out if the hardware is working and "talking" correctly.

Fred SS,
All USB to serial converters are not equal, update the drivers to the latest if possible (if using FTDI based stuff)
That may be the reason you need to reboot to get comm to work again.
That sounds like a driver issue to me.
HTH,
Jp
Old 12-31-2015, 06:28 AM

I think my problem with the 93 with 4.3 5 speed is I'm using wrong definition file? Also I havnt found one for the 93 4.3 5speed as the ECM is different and only used for the this truck and if it came with difernt engine or auto then it would have a more common ECM?
Ecm is 16186135 BDDJ
Old 12-31-2015, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by ULTM8Z
As a user of Tunerpro who's benefited tremendously from it, I'm actually quite offended by this.

So when YOU, Mr Junior member with 15 posts, sit down and spend the hours necessary to create software as useful and versatile as Tunerpro (and continue to spend even more hours supporting it and improving it), and then offer it up FOR FREE to the user community, then maybe you can make wise a$$ remarks.

Until then, kindly suggest you refrain from making such ignorant comments.

Well it appears that my wise *** remark brought a thread from almost THREE MONTHS AGO back to where people are trying to help.

Why is that? People just ignored the OP for months, but one negative remark gets him some help. I just don't understand people sometimes.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by S10K20
I think my problem with the 93 with 4.3 5 speed is I'm using wrong definition file? Also I havnt found one for the 93 4.3 5speed as the ECM is different and only used for the this truck and if it came with difernt engine or auto then it would have a more common ECM?
Ecm is 16186135 BDDJ
This is my point. It sucks when you buy something and the definition file doesn't EXIST so now tunerpro is useless for that vehicle. Call Mark Mansur and let him insult you over the phone because HIS stuff doesn't come with everything needed TO WORK in YOUR application rendering it useless.

And while your at it ask him why theres no warning that your registration expires everytime you update.

JUST STATING FACTS.