Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

battery wont keep charge

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 camaro rs
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 700r
battery wont keep charge

well i brang it to a shop who checked the alternator , they determind it was bad , kk no big deal its better to spend the cash on my car then my pc

so i replaced it and changed it my self

but its been under cover for about 1 month now i took the battery out knowing it would not start casue it had no power

so i went to a friends and gave it an hour charge

which it charged the the cells are still good hooked it up went for a spin around town for about 20 mins burning up the old tires for the new ones in a few months

well i brang it home parked it put the cover back on, went out today and it was about 5 revs from being completely dead again , and if the alternators not keeping it charged what else is there besides the battery it self which i will end up buying soon

i know the timing in the cars off its self and the water pumps just about had it, i am getting a complete turn up soon as i know no more snows on the ground and or commin

any suggestions helpful

also want to get the o2 sensorc and timing chain replaced along with the gaskets i just have not found any one i can trust with doing a tear down around my town and i dont wanna leave it far enough away i cant rely for others for rides casue its safe to say i dont know much of any one else besides my friend 6 food under and i am sure he aint commin

i think its just something totaly stupid if only i knew what i was lookin for