Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 05:20 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 89 IROC
Engine: 305 TPI / ZZ4 cam
Transmission: Stage 2 700R4, LS1 driveshaft
Axle/Gears: Strange 3.42 w/ Auburn
Re: Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review

Chris,

There have been 3440 reviews about this. Do you think you might have lost some business from this after people reading that "Brisk" has be waiting for months for a refund that was YOUR responsibility??

If you are a legit business man.....act like it and give athe man a refund then recoup your losses from YOUR sub-contractor!!

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:42 PM
dr1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '89 Firebird Formula
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: T5

how anyone CAN stay in business with this kind of I Like To Make Excuses bullshit instead of taking care of the issue, is freaking amazing
maybe its an internet thing, i mean once you've sent your parts halfway across the country and are relying on email to deal with the person, your kind of screwed...

can you imagine this guy running these excuses to your face in person?? over and over again?!? maybe he does... maybe hes in the hospital for face injuries alot.....

at this rate we will be able to talk about how many 'years' its been since brisk tried to get his refund..

and in the meantime chris will keep using the board to aquire new 'customers' to help keep this thread alive
Old 11-15-2007, 09:09 PM

Car: '91 Z28, '13 Civic EX-L
Engine: 355 LT1, 1.8 I4
Transmission: T56, 5spd auto
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.42(as long as no breaky)

TPI383, where are you located in ohio?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Z28
Engine: Boosted LSX

Originally Posted by dr1
how anyone CAN stay in business with this kind of I Like To Make Excuses bullshit instead of taking care of the issue, is freaking amazing
maybe its an internet thing, i mean once you've sent your parts halfway across the country and are relying on email to deal with the person, your kind of screwed...

can you imagine this guy running these excuses to your face in person?? over and over again?!? maybe he does... maybe hes in the hospital for face injuries alot.....

at this rate we will be able to talk about how many 'years' its been since brisk tried to get his refund..

and in the meantime chris will keep using the board to aquire new 'customers' to help keep this thread alive
Nope no conflicts local. So far Ive only had a few parts to redo out of doing things since '00. No broken nose,etc as you say.

Originally Posted by BCdawg57
TPI383, where are you located in ohio?
about 3hrs from you Why do you ask?

Originally Posted by The Project
Chris,

There have been 3440 reviews about this. Do you think you might have lost some business from this after people reading that "Brisk" has be waiting for months for a refund that was YOUR responsibility??

If you are a legit business man.....act like it and give athe man a refund then recoup your losses from YOUR sub-contractor!!

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!
Maybe I will loose a few but 95% of my business is all local. a big MAYBE 5% off this board. IF that. Ya thats a bad attitude to have but its the truth.

All I have left to say is Brian said he sent out a check. I have no idea if its true or not. Next time I get ahold of him I ill find out. Its as simple as HE got paid for the polishing not me. Hence why he sent a refund not me.

**** a guy just sent me a check from a few hrs away. and It took the damm thing 7weeks to get here. I thought he was full of BS every time I talked to him. Needless to say when It did show up sure enough it was dated for the date he said along with the postal mark over the stamp dated for the same date 7weeks earlier. gota love usps.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: SLOW carbed ls
Transmission: TH400 with brake, 8" PTC converter
Axle/Gears: moser 9" 4.11

TPI383 has been nothing but professional to me over PMs and e-mails in our business dealings. Sometimes parts take longer than expected but can't blame him for that, anything car related has shipping issues, or stock issues.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '88 IROC-Z / '91 Z28 / '91 GTA
Engine: LT4 Hot Cam 305 / L98 355 / MR 383
Transmission: 5-spd / 700R4 / 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3:45 / 3:23 / 3:23

Originally Posted by TPl383
All I have left to say is Brian said he sent out a check. I have no idea if its true or not. Next time I get ahold of him I ill find out. Its as simple as HE got paid for the polishing not me. Hence why he sent a refund not me.

**** a guy just sent me a check from a few hrs away. and It took the damm thing 7weeks to get here. I thought he was full of BS every time I talked to him. Needless to say when It did show up sure enough it was dated for the date he said along with the postal mark over the stamp dated for the same date 7weeks earlier. gota love usps.
Brian is lying to you, and your dates on a letter taking 7 weeks to get to you are greatly exagerated.

I recently sent a Registered Letter, which is about as slow as it gets, because it gets sent with a delivery notification with a signature required, a tracking number for the duration, and a confirmation back to me that it has been delivered with a copy of the signature.

I sent this letter off, from British Columbia CANADA and it was delivered in Virginia about 20 days later. Internation letters, especially ones with tracking numbers, take the longest because of the cross boarder and terrorism crap. This is a plain jane white envelope with several stickers and labels on it, not an express or priority cardboard packet or sleeve. A plain jane regular business sized white envelope.

Your talking about Brians cheque still being in transit from Ohio to Washington, give me a break.

Do the right thing, refund my money. I PAID YOU FOR THE SERVICES, YOU ARE RESPONSABLE FOR THIS TRANSACTION, YOU REFUND MY MONEY.

I have been more than fair with you, more then patient with you, and very understanding of your tales and stories.

REFUND MY MONEY PLEASE. Have Brian write you a cheque, or have him do work for you to pay it back, I don't care. REFUND my money already!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:15 AM
Supreme Member

Location: Somewhere around the South Side of Chicago just crusin' in one of the Niteriders
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92RS 25th Anniv./88 IROC Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TBI w/Tpi Air / 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4/700r4
Axle/Gears: Posi

Wow..I thought this thread was dead...I agree...refund the man his money and then you go after the Brian guy...sounds like you subcontracted to him so you are responsible...I wonder how long this thread will go on...
Old 11-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Brisk
your dates on a letter taking 7 weeks to get to you are greatly exagerated.
How the **** do you know how long it took? I'll be sure to save the next one that takes forever just for you... You basically calling me a liar hurts my feelings. I'll think about putting a check in the mail if I get some BS from Brian if I seen him again......... :rollseyes:
Old 11-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 83 Trans Am / 96 Jeep XJ
Engine: 355 / 4.0 I6
Transmission: TH350 / Auto
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10-bolt / 4wd

Old 11-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Supreme Member

I didn't call you a liar, I said Brian is lying to you since I have not received a cheque yet. I checked the mail today, nope.. still nothing.

How about the water neck you said you'd send out to me oh what was it now, six weeks ago, as part of my refund which is a piece that was never returned? I check the mail today, nope.. still nothing.

I sent you pictures at the time of my intake, I posted pictures here... its pretty hard to take pictures of the intake now since it is installed on my car. Bubbles are nothing compared to the chunks that were flaking off because I had to painstakingly thread chase each hole. Next time I tear the top end of the engine down, I'll take new pictures.

I refuse to send my parts back to you since it took months and months to get them back... as a matter of fact, the remainer of the parts I recieved were so embarrasing I've since sold them. Oh and this is after you offered to buy them, we all know that did not go well either.

I took a loss on my parts by selling them. I took a loss on my parts sending them out to YOU for services. All I am asking for is a partial refund, and as everyone here agrees I am being more then fair. I should be parading for a full refund, as suggested by many people on this thread.

YOU are simply being stubborn.

It is not hard to see that I paid YOU for services. Its not my fault, its not my problem, nor is it my responsibilty you sub-contracted the work out to someone else. It is YOUR responsibilty for the services which I paid YOU to do.

It doesn't matter what happened after you accepted the job, after I sent you the parts, and after I paid you for services. It could have been your uncle, niece, grandmother, neighbor, dog, or anyone else that worked on my parts. It is your responsibility for the job. The rest doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. Really, it doesn't matter.

What does matter is you are not accepting responsibility for a job YOU accepted, for services YOU accepted payment for, for the parts YOU received. That is all that matters in the law's eyes.

I'm going to be contacting the Youngstown Better Business Bureau of Mahoning Valley, which covers Masury OH, on Monday morning if a resolve isn't made by that time. I've already contacted them several months ago just before I received my parts back from you Chris and they were very interested in what I had to say up until that point... and they suggested I call the local police as well. I haulted contact and a complaint with them because, at that time, I received my parts back.

I am sure they'd be thrilled to hear an update on your business practices and to read this thread in its entirety.

What do you think?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1995 Formula; 1976 Trans Am
Engine: LT1; None
Transmission: T56; None

This is painful to watch.

Chris, I have no interest in calling you names. But, if you are as busy as you say, it surely would be no financial burden for you to refund Brisk from your own pocket for the work that he paid you to do and that was not done properly. You need to take care of the customer that paid you, and if you subbed out the work, then it is on your shoulders to get your money back from the sub after you have already refunded Brisk. Nevermind leaving it in the subs hands and shrugging your shoulders. That's a very poor policy.

I have no beef with you, but I know how hard I work for my money, and how terrible I would feel if that money was wasted on services that were of an extremely low quality, such as what we've seen on Brisk's parts.

This is really an unfortunate situation. Please weigh the value of refusing to pay an honest man his money back vs. doing the right thing and reestablishing yourself as a good guy who takes care of his customers.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1982 Trans Am & 1982 Corvette
Engine: L-98 with LO-3 induction. 350 CFI
Transmission: 5 speed and vette has 700r4
Axle/Gears: 373's in T/A .. vette unknown

I'm going to step in here for a minute and say TPI383 is a cool guy. He helped me with tips on polishing my TPI system. I didn't read this whole thread and honestly don't care to ....

In my eyes he is a very helpful person and didn't have to help me so in my book TPI383 is a great guy!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Supreme Member

I'm going to be contacting the Youngstown Better Business Bureau of Mahoning Valley, which covers Masury OH, on Monday morning if a resolve isn't made by that time. I've already contacted them several months ago just before I received my parts back from you Chris and they were very interested in what I had to say up until that point... and they suggested I call the local police as well. I haulted contact and a complaint with them because, at that time, I received my parts back.

I am sure they'd be thrilled to hear an update on your business practices and to read this thread in its entirety.

What do you think?
The BBB will send me a letter, snd you a letter to try and resolve it. I'll tell them the same thing I told you here !!

Local PD would you like a few contact names and #'s? They will tell you its a personal/business matter under $500 take it to small claims court. If that since My policies clearly state "I" dont give refunds just re-work the parts for people. Along with checking the parts over within Days of receiving them. You took over 2weeks as you said. Your right I am being stubborn its as simple as that.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:07 PM

You sure do give people lots of reasons to do business with you. Like none.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Supreme Member

The BBB will send me a letter, snd you a letter to try and resolve it. I'll tell them the same thing I told you here !!

Local PD would you like a few contact names and #'s? They will tell you its a personal/business matter under $500 take it to small claims court. If that since My policies clearly state "I" dont give refunds just re-work the parts for people. Along with checking the parts over within Days of receiving them. You took over 2weeks as you said. Your right I am being stubborn its as simple as that.
Sounds like you've got experience dealing with these things...

Honestly now Chris.., are you going to do the right thing, or am I just wasting my time?
Old 12-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Supreme Member

Sounds like you've got experience dealing with these things...

Honestly now Chris.., are you going to do the right thing, or am I just wasting my time?
Not experience with my business no, but experience because I had to do the same thing to a storage company where I keep my Z stored for awhile in FLA.
I had to call the BBB to resolve an issue on damage that happen to my car and some other stuff. So I know what they will have us both do.

Your wasting your time asking "me" to write you a check. "I'll" gladly redo everything and Cover shipping etc. myself. but until brian gives you a refund thats as far as Im going.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:09 PM
dr1

Car: '89 Firebird Formula

you held his parts hostage for 2 seasons, did a crappy job, and forgot to return some parts ..... who in their right mind would send parts to you AGAIN?! do you read anything you type here? does it make sense when you put yourself in the other guys shoes? your incredible

and oh yeah, it wasnt your fault there either, brian held his parts hostage, everything is brians fault

silly brisk now you know better then todo business with brian, oh yeah.. you didnt.. gee this is so hard to figure out whos at fault here.

I know for me dealing with ANYONE on this board will involve a serious grain of salt (entire container!) after seeing how much crap one person can get away with and still be allowed to use the boards to conduct business. Obviously some real serious research is required before doing business here.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Supreme Member

His most recent posts confirm that he is not a good guy. What a nightmare.

The powers that be on this site should ban him. People get banned for far less than what he is doing to an honest fellow member.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:50 PM

Car: 2007 Cobalt LT
Engine: M62'd 2.2L L61
Transmission: 4T45E 4-speed Automatic
Axle/Gears: Stock

Perhaps you should settle the dispute between you and Brisk. Give him a FULL refund.

Now, this makes matters MUCH less complicated, as it is now between you and this Brian guy. You ****ed up by outsourcing it to him (Now, keep in mind, Brisk was not asked if he would allow outsourcing for the job on his parts). It is not FAIR to treat Brisk like this, especially after you, by your own decision, created this whole mess by not doing the things yourself, or if you did - doing them poorly.

My dad is self-employed, and he would NEVER treat someone this way. Hell, he just ate a $350 phone because it didn't work at a customer's house. However, this is a very good customer (spent quite a bit of money with my dad), and there's no reason for bean-counting here. You bean-count, you **** people off, you lose business. Even customers that annoy him, he will continue to service and be polite to and such because they pay, and their potential referrals are what keeps business up.

You, Chris, are a bean-counter. Stop, refund the money, and reserve whatever self-image you still have left. I can most likely tell from this situation you will have no referrals from anyone on this board. You dug your own grave, now lie in it.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Supreme Member

He doesn't care about referrals from here...he's already made it clear that he gets little of his business from here, so hey, to heck with what the members of the board think about his attitude and treatment of a fellow member, right?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 89 IROC
Engine: 305 TPI / ZZ4 cam
Transmission: Stage 2 700R4, LS1 driveshaft
Axle/Gears: Strange 3.42 w/ Auburn

Originally Posted by madmax
You sure do give people lots of reasons to do business with you. Like none.
Originally Posted by dr1
you held his parts hostage for 2 seasons, did a crappy job, and forgot to return some parts ..... who in their right mind would send parts to you AGAIN?! do you read anything you type here? does it make sense when you put yourself in the other guys shoes? your incredible

and oh yeah, it wasnt your fault there either, brian held his parts hostage, everything is brians fault

silly brisk now you know better then todo business with brian, oh yeah.. you didnt.. gee this is so hard to figure out whos at fault here.

I know for me dealing with ANYONE on this board will involve a serious grain of salt (entire container!) after seeing how much crap one person can get away with and still be allowed to use the boards to conduct business. Obviously some real serious research is required before doing business here.
Originally Posted by Bull
This is painful to watch.

Chris, I have no interest in calling you names. But, if you are as busy as you say, it surely would be no financial burden for you to refund Brisk from your own pocket for the work that he paid you to do and that was not done properly. You need to take care of the customer that paid you, and if you subbed out the work, then it is on your shoulders to get your money back from the sub after you have already refunded Brisk. Nevermind leaving it in the subs hands and shrugging your shoulders. That's a very poor policy.

I have no beef with you, but I know how hard I work for my money, and how terrible I would feel if that money was wasted on services that were of an extremely low quality, such as what we've seen on Brisk's parts.

This is really an unfortunate situation. Please weigh the value of refusing to pay an honest man his money back vs. doing the right thing and reestablishing yourself as a good guy who takes care of his customers.
...As Chris said to me in an earlier post...... "Maybe I will loose a few customers from this board, but 95% of my business is all local. a big MAYBE 5% off this board. IF that. Ya thats a bad attitude to have but its the truth. "

Obviously he has no sense of customer service/fairness nor does he care about his reputation on this board.....NOW we know NOT to do business with him. He simply does not care...........
Old 12-01-2007, 01:00 PM

I wonder how many people he's screwed that are in that other 95%...
Old 12-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by MP81
I wonder how many people he's screwed that are in that other 95%...
Actually not many ! I can count em all on one hand. You just can't satisfy everyone. And if you say BS yes you can. You have no clue. and only a handfull on here too.

now Im off to count my beans as I have some work to do.

/stubbornness off....
----------
Originally Posted by The Project
Obviously he has no sense of customer service/fairness nor does he care about his reputation on this board.....NOW we know NOT to do business with him. He simply does not care...........
I have more Happy customers off this site that liked the stuff then not.

Last edited by FSTFBDY; 12-01-2007 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Supreme Member

----------
I have more Happy customers off this site that liked the stuff then not.
Don't plan on getting any more.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:48 PM

Car: 1987 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 305TPI
Transmission: 700R4

You know, that's too bad. I believe Chris was a member on my old website and he seemed to be up-and-up. In fact, he had a polishing tech article on my site, I think.

Ah well. How time changes things, eh?
Old 12-02-2007, 01:57 PM

Car: 91 RS
Engine: 350 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.45

wow chris, what a crappy job. you know what they say a picture speaks for themselves. and those surely do. I can do a better job polishing my boots than that crap. looks like a kindergarten kid did that stuff. and even if you didnt "do it" you were still responsible because you were getting the dough for it.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by samiam91RS
wow chris, what a crappy job. you know what they say a picture speaks for themselves. and those surely do. I can do a better job polishing my boots than that crap. looks like a kindergarten kid did that stuff. and even if you didnt "do it" you were still responsible because you were getting the dough for it.
geezeis crist cant you people read. I didnt get any dough for it. I didnt make a ****ing penny of the polishing. "rollseyes"

Im done with this already... I offered to redo it and thats that. He'll get a refund from "WHO" Polished it. PERIOD so stop your bitching because its not gonna do **** anymore. PERIOD !

My offer is on the table and thats that.!!

/end story..
Old 12-02-2007, 03:17 PM

Or...YOU can refund the money, and then "WHO" polished it can pay YOU.

Then, you can get on his case, since he then owes YOU money.

This takes Brisk out of the whole situation, because you would have refunded whatever he paid you [in FULL].

It would be SO much easier then.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Supreme Member

As much as you want it to be, it's not the end of the story. When an honest member gets dry-boned due to outrageous and unethical service, the consequences are permanent. I can only hope that as many people as possible see this thread and learn from it.

You can be stubborn all you want, it only makes you look worse.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.70 posi

geezeis crist cant you people read. I didnt get any dough for it. I didnt make a ****ing penny of the polishing. "rollseyes"

Im done with this already... I offered to redo it and thats that. He'll get a refund from "WHO" Polished it. PERIOD so stop your bitching because its not gonna do **** anymore. PERIOD !

/end story..
If Brisk paid you for the polishing, and you outsourced it to someone else and paid that person out of your pocket, then you are responsible for paying Brisk back ,then it's you get it back from the person/business who you paid for the job.

That's how a business works, I owned my own business for 5 years and if I outsourced a job to someone, I paid that person from the business fund and the customer paid me, if something went wrong or a crappy job was done I had to refund the money myself if the customer wanted a refund, then get my money out of the person I outsoruced to.

To be honest, it's all on you for the refund.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:36 PM

Im glad I read this, I will be going else where.

This is truely sad.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Pair of 92 Z28s

I will retain my original post...because it was going too far but i think this thread should just be posted as a sticky on top of every forum here. Better yet, they need to just kick him off this site.

Site obviously doesn't mean enough to him.

Tell Chris to clean this mess up or hes out...simple as that.

Brisk, i wish there was something i could do to help you cover some of your losses here i just feel so bad for ya man. Your a good honest man, and you sure didn't deserve this.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Supreme Member

/end story..

Chris, you won't "redo" it because it took like six months to get my parts back the first time. I also said I am going to sell the parts, which I did, and you offered to buy the runners for a ridiculously low price. Its only now the parts are gone that you've jumped on the "I'll redo it for free" bandwagon. Sorry buddy, too little too late for me I suppose. Its impossible for you to redo the parts now because I no longer have them, with the exception of the intake which is bolted to my car, and I have no intention to take it off at any point in the near future.

Why don't you do me the favour and actually give Brian a call?! Man it sounds like its been quite some time since you've spoken to him, why don't you find out where my refund is instead of just sitting around and pointing fingers at everyone but yourself... its the least you can do.

I'm still waiting for my black powder coated water neck too, any idea if I'll see that this year??

Seriously put yourself in my shoes. I paid my hard earned cash and I sent out my expensive aftermarket parts to you for services. Months and months and months go by and I finally get them back, half the bolts and some parts are missing, the fuel rail had to be totally rebuilt ect. I try to come to you as a honest and understanding guy and you point fingers at everyone but yourself. Fine, so you acted as the middle man, fine. Now I'm trying to get a refund and you tell me its this "Brian" guys responsibility, fine. My problem is I don't know who this guy is, I don't know how to get in contact with him, hell I don't even know if he is real or imaginary at this point. Your still the middleman, keep your end up and get a hold of this guy on my behalf!
Old 12-03-2007, 03:38 PM

/end story..
Heres the deal he paid for your work not someone else's crap work the first time It took him months to get the parts back then now why should he have to wait that long for them agin. Just give him a full refund and try to recover some of your reputation it will probally work out better for you in the end.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:16 PM

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC-Z
Engine: 427 SBC
Transmission: ProBuilt 700R4
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 Bolt / 3.73 TrueTrac

Originally Posted by Klortho
If Brisk paid you for the polishing, and you outsourced it to someone else and paid that person out of your pocket, then you are responsible for paying Brisk back ,then it's you get it back from the person/business who you paid for the job.

That's how a business works

+1
Old 12-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Jproz1167
I'm going to step in here for a minute and say TPI383 is a cool guy. He helped me with tips on polishing my TPI system. I didn't read this whole thread and honestly don't care to ....

In my eyes he is a very helpful person and didn't have to help me so in my book TPI383 is a great guy!
I gotta change my outlook and perspective on things. I did finally read through the whole thread and actually saw the pictures I was in shock ... I was under the impression this brisk guy was just being critical of natural aluminum flaws that no matter what you do they won't come out and when you try more then more pits come out ..... Being someone who has actually polished one and mine was in beyond rough shape to where I can say brisks parts couldn't be any worse then what I started with theres just now way it couldn't have been polished better.

took me in the neighborhood of what like two months to do mine and I've never done anything like this before in my life except polish the beads on my rims on my car. Now for instance yes mine has alot of flaws I wont deny that but we are talking about prior damage that wall thickness on my parts eliminates any possibility of them coming out. But eve so I still tried as hard as possible to make them at least look better and sand into them as much as possible without risking them cracking when torqued down.

I think when you do "sub" something out you should check it's condition prior to shipment I mean thats only a everyday business practice ..... I think if (brisk) would have got one like mine in return there wouldn't have been a problem I don't see anywhere where he seems to be a demanding perfectionist in any manner ... I think all he was looking for was a nice shine ... that stuff looks like sand blasting eroded the surface I am going to post 2 pictures of what a begginer can achieve so the rest of you can see this person who did this took the money and ran simple as that.

this (tpi383) recieved the money ... therfore he should return it ... then take the guy he subbed the work to, to small claims court (that cute older judge on TV would tell you the same) now judge Judy she'd have a field day with you.

anyways enough here is my quik job on a plenum 180/320 buffed then with emery. and trust me it was a rush job only meant as a illustration for a guy on here. This was a 45 minute job

but I think what he paid he should have easily gotten this but in all practicality much better and my job is so far from professional work its probably not even funny.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Supreme Member

Received 367 Likes on 296 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42

wow this is still goin...a shame... sooooo many views to this one tho
Old 12-05-2007, 12:39 AM

Car: 91 RS
Engine: 350 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.45

If that job took you "45 minutes" then why the fugg does it take chrisy boy 6 months to do peoples work? he sure talks a lotta crap. If he tried to pull some BS like that here, he would get shot and dumped in mexico somewhere. dont know about yall, but im pretty serious when it comes to money, and business.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by samiam91RS
If that job took you "45 minutes" then why the fugg does it take chrisy boy 6 months to do peoples work? he sure talks a lotta crap. If he tried to pull some BS like that here, he would get shot and dumped in mexico somewhere. dont know about yall, but im pretty serious when it comes to money, and business.
ok to clarify .... the top of the plenum was done in 45 minutesand I rushed it hard to show a guy on here that he could have a badly cast plenum because he was having bad pitting problems while polishing. So I did the top of this plenum to show him what it should have come out like even if he didn't do it cmpletely right.

The complete TPI system took me about two months to do but that was just 2 months of farting around and I still didn't sand perfectly but .... That was my first attempt at polishing to show everyone even if this guy that was "sub'ed" out didnt know what he was doing he should have at least got close to me in appearance .... and to show that even as bad as mine started out as it still was fixable for the most part and shined right up and no swirl marks appeared either. My system also didnt get in excess of 400grit dry sand paper so don't think it just got alot of extra work. All it ever got was 100/180/320/400 then emery polishing compound. I would think if this "sub'ed" guy was a professionial it would have looked wayyyyyy better then mine.

My system is no showpiece by any means but from 2-3 feet away it looks great ... but also keep in mind this system never got white rouge final polishing ... I stopped at emery compound and that removed the 400grit sand marks and left it with this shine. So yes it even has more potential to shine LOL.

In short I think this brisk guy got a last second rush job is all or a blind guy did it.

SORRY ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE "BRISK" .... NEXT TIME HERE A BETTER IDEA FIND GUYS WHO POLISH COMMERCIAL TRUCK STUFF. THAT WAY YOU CAN SEE THERE WORK IRL ....
Old 12-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Supreme Member

And also many have asked 2 months of farting around on the nice system equals how much if I did it consistantly.

so here it goes and remember I only used cheap tools no professional stuff

Plenum --- 3 days, But I also eliminated all factory casts logos, polished top/sidesbottom/rear
runners --- about 5 days but these were incredibly bad
Intake --- about 2 weeks it was even worse then the runners
fuel rail -- EGR valve -- fuel lines -- thermostat cover ---- about 3 days

So yea I'm slow as hell but 6 months is rediculous.

here is my complete system after 2 months of work

Now here is a stock intake after about 10 hours of work

Last edited by Jproz1167; 12-05-2007 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:13 PM

Car: 04 Chevy Silverado 1500
Engine: V6
Transmission: Auto

wow, 45 mins of reading, and this ashhat has not even refunded your money @_@ I have been into auto detailing for sometime, and this is just plain wrong.. give me a month of work on it, and i can get r done!
Old 12-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Supreme Member

Received 23 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 86 IROC Convt
Engine: 305TPI
Transmission: TH700R4

You know, this really is sad. I've dealt with Chris and had a pleasant experience. Im a bit surprised, Chris, that you have not found it more beneficial to your business to resolve this differently - whether you think it is reasonable or not?

Although Im not in position to tell anyone how to run their business - I do have a few key points that at least is important to me when Im a customer:

1. Date of delivery. Give me a date for delivery that can be "guaranteed". I love getting suprised by an early delivery, but get really grumpy when my stuff is delayed. I accept that it can take time to get what I want, so just be honest with how long it takes.

2. Communication. Tell me how this order will be handled, are products in stock, is all work done in-house or is it depending on others. Let me know what happens - especially if things are not going as planned and may cause delays or changes in my order. Sometime delays cause much bigger problems than just the fact that "I want it now, 'cause Im dying to get it".

3. Satisfaction. When I spend my money, I want to be satisfied accordingly. If Im not pleased with the product, then make sure that Im still pleased with the service.

How well a vendor is with regards to these criterias, is key to whether or not I will be back with more of my business and what word I pass around. Is it a lot to ask for? Sure. It's supposed to. After all I chose to give my $$$ away to the selected vendor over anyone else.

Hope the remaining issues in this thread can be resolved with as little additional problems as possible.

Ken
Old 12-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Supreme Member

Stated a few times Id redo it. Its been said here and on my site No refunds.
Thats a good one Chris. When I first started asking for a refund, you were willing to try and work things out... or at least try and make things work with Brian.

I find it awefully convienent that NOW you state "no refunds" and you've gone ahead and edited your html to add four terms and conditions to the bottom of your website, after the fact, which were not there a week ago, not there a month ago, nor where they there when I checked out your website before I decided to hire YOU for services.

You've laid out your offer of redoing that parts and paying for all shipping expenses. We both know that is no longer possible because I've since sold the parts. Lets try work out some other arrangment so we can end this amicably.

Why don't you send me a set of billet emblems and a couple matching key chains (along with my powder coated water neck that you still owe me) or something along those lines? Heck I've even seen you give out gift certificates to another dis-satisfied customer (who later sold them in the classifides).

I'm sure you can think of something to end this dispute amicably.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Supreme Member

You've laid out your offer of redoing that parts and paying for all shipping expenses. We both know that is no longer possible because I've since sold the parts. Lets try work out some other arrangment so we can end this amicably.

Why don't you send me a set of billet emblems and a couple matching key chains (along with my powder coated water neck that you still owe me) or something along those lines? Heck I've even seen you give out gift certificates to another dis-satisfied customer (who later sold them in the classifides).

I'm sure you can think of something to end this dispute amicably.
Ya, I was willing to give ya a refund because brian said he would take care of it.
I Also said "I'd" redo everything....
WAY BEFORE you sold those parts.You said No because you were worried it would take too long again. So dont say I didnt offer untill they were sold.

I also said come up with a real price for the runners. Since I would have had to tig weld those 2 cracks. Im sure they would be fine but not something Id want to worry about being by 2 bolt holes. So They wernt woth the $400+ or what ever it was You wanted for them.

When you though your intake was "stolen"lost" you dind't want anything but a new one to replace if even though I told you it wasnt "lost" So I didnt even bother to entertain you with an offer of Certs, or anything else but a refund from brian as I didnt figure you would be interested.

Now if you would have asked for Emblems,Gift certif. LONG ago this could have came to an end on page #1. PM me which you prefer. Ive got 1 set of Chrome Z28 ones left. Or certs.

ALSO......

WHO EVERY HAS The Runners/Plenum NOW. You want em redone. I'll redo em for YOU too. but you cover shipping too/from. and You have some redone runners for free..
Old 12-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Supreme Member

I'll take one set of emblems, do they look like these?

I would like a key chain as well please, I like the unpolished one in the middle with the colour

... and please do not forget my black powder coated water neck. I would appreciate if you shipped everything insured and with a tracking number so we both know it is safe and it has arrived. I'd hate to see another 'empty' box senario.

If you've lost my mailing address PM or email me.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Supreme Member

I dont have any Z28 as pictured.

The only set left I have are some chrome ones a guy backed out on. This was the last pair of 5 on a batch order for people on here.

They are not painted just all chrome.
The last few keychains I have are not painted either.

Ive got no problem givin ya the emblems and key chain as is.

the way they sit is more then your asking refund and Ive just been using them at trade shows as a display. Its winter and Im done with shows for now and have some diff display in the works for next season anyways.

I'll take pic's 2morrow if you need. Just picture em chrome.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: IROC-Z
Engine: LSx
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Fabbed 9"

Oh my... I just read thru all those pages and man, I cant believe this ****. Its unreal... Brisk, I feel sorry for you dude. Like Stevo said, youre an honest/great guy. Did you received your emblems and keychain yet? Or Brian has them @ his shop? Or worst yet, installed on his car with your waterneck...

Chris, people like you makes me sick. People like you kill the hobby.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Spike-Z
Or worst yet, installed on his car with your waterneck...
Chris, people like you makes me sick. People like you kill the hobby.
Considering he though the TPI was a SUPERCHARGER im sure he has no idea what a 3rdgen Tuned Port is or has a camaro.

But thats anyways have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Old 12-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Supreme Member

A package has been mailed to my address, I'll update here when I recieve something.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:45 PM

Car: 89 TA
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.08

I hope something works out for you Brisk, I think it's very big of you to try to settle this for so much less than you came in with. Can't imagine the frustrations of something like this and I'd like to think everybody got something out of this thread, besides business-based xenophopia.

Quick Reply: Chris / TPI383 - CE Coatings Review