Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Can't we all just get along?

Old 04-05-2002, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't we all just get along?

Guys, I'm pretty new to the Thirdgen site, but it seems that there is ALOT of viciousness! Like I like see alot of people who like to heavily modify their third gen get rocked by replies that just tear them to shreads! Man, if I don't like what you're doing, I ain't gonna take the time to write a whole reply, I'll just move on to the next post. I love to modify my car, if you don't like it, just move on. Why would you take the time to write out that you don't like it, its just a dumbass move!

Can I get some support on this?
Old 04-05-2002, 10:50 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 RS
Engine: LS1
Transmission: TH350
Amen brother, you tell them.
Old 04-05-2002, 10:58 AM
Supreme Member

Location: "No one cares if you're in before the lock!" - Best quote ever.
*gonna reply bofre this gets locked*
I agree to an extent...but when you ask die-hard third-genner's their opinion on mods that may seem unfavourable, they have every right to voice their opinion as they see fit...sometimes people ask for it, sometimes no.
Old 04-05-2002, 11:30 AM

People can do whatever they want to their cars, but some people's lack of taste is appalling.

PS:
Attached Thumbnails Can't we all just get along?-befodalock-1-.gif  
Old 04-05-2002, 11:36 AM

Car: 86 Z28
Engine: 355 carbed
Transmission: t-5
WS 666 you guys are to damn funny. The bottom of the picture sould say in before the Street Lights Go Out. Sorry, that picture just reminds me of the loosers that try and pick up my sister. Oh and speaking of modding our cars. I went about it a lot differently then most people. Check the Signature. Don't know to many people with 6-71 blowers on their cars that drive it everyday. Well I don't dirve the car cause it is still in the shop but when it comes out a low 11 second daily driver. 11 till heads and cam next winter.
Old 04-05-2002, 11:38 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 3.8
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: Dana 60
but when you ask die-hard third-genner's their opinion on mods that may seem unfavourable, they have every right to voice their opinion as they see fit...sometimes people ask for it, sometimes no.
Totally agree with what he said. People post pics of their rides and guess what, ur gonna get responses. Some people are gonna like it, some aren't. Some mods will be a favorite to others (good exhaust systems) and some won't (THE TORNADO!!!) LoL. Just deal with it. Its your car, u wanted to show it to everyone, everyone has seen it and said their peace about it. Life goes on. You ever been to a car show where someone gave a weird look to ur car? I know I have given weird looks to Honda civics with neon green paint jobs and I know they seen me. You bring ur car to a show to have peoples opinions on it. You want to know if ur doing the right things to ur car or not.
Old 04-05-2002, 11:39 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 3.8
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: Dana 60
Well I don't dirve the car cause it is still in the shop but when it comes out a low 11 second daily driver. 11 till heads and cam next winter.
Don't count ur chickens until their hatched my friend.
Old 04-05-2002, 11:53 AM

Car: 86 Z28
Engine: 355 carbed
Transmission: t-5
My cousin who is doing the work has the same engine setup in his car and the only thing different he has is bigger heders then I do and on MT ET Streets he runs 11.2's to 11.5's. He has a 78 Camaro Z28 that is the only difference in body. But I see what your saying. I'm hoping for anything in the 11's my first at the track with this car. And then once the engine gets broker in i'm gonna have major fun and maybe get my licence taken away again. damn the DMV. Speeding is not a chrime
Old 04-05-2002, 02:02 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 87 Red/Blk Bird loaded 3.4L & 700R4
Transmission: Th700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
I can understand if you ask someones opinion of your car...

But too many people think that when I reply with a pic of my car it is open season. Typically, when I post a pic or a link, I do it to use the car as an illustration or to send someone to where the answer to their question is. I'm being helpful. I have never posted, What do you think of my car? yet simple posts will turn into WWIII.

I stated in another post that I thought it MIGHT be because SOME MAY feel it is easier to tear up those who are different than to try to be different themselves. It is hard to be different with our cars. There is nothing out there. So to do it right, you got to do it yourself. That means hard work. Too hard for SOME so they sit on there butts and say stock is better. Your trash if you modify it.

Just a potential theory...Gonna get flamed for it I'm sure.

Its the only thing I can come up with as to why mods are viciously attacked. Saying you don't like it is one thing. That's an opinion.
saying you are going to throw up or gouge out you eyes...
Thats supposed to be taken as an opinion?
That's just an attempt at attention by being cruel.

Some might say I should have a thicker skin. That I complain so I'm a cry baby. Sounds like grade school. My point it not about how it makes me feel. I was shocked at first, yes. But am I all upset and scarred for life, no. All their comments do is make me want to make my car look even less like theirs.

Its more my worry that people who want to do things to their car are feeling this need to ask for some strangers approval. Then someone cries r*** and its all over. They actually let the bullies have power over them. And due to the intolerance, they may even let their ideas be swayed.

Diversity is what makes things interesting.
But they say you trash the car, ruin its value, make it look like an import R***er. It looks modern and custom. If anything people want the cars to look like exotics.
Old 04-05-2002, 02:20 PM
Supreme Member

Received 23 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 86 IROC Convt
Engine: 305TPI
Transmission: TH700R4
I think we'd be way ahead if most people realized that it IS possible to give an opinion without coming off as an insulting jack@$$.
I see many things that I don't particularily care for in here, but that gives me no right to tear them apart. Someone probably thinks my car looks like **** too.
My point is - when seeing a Camaro/Firebird with quadruple spoilers on top of eachother - someone put their time, effort and money into it to be like that because for some reason they like it, so keep that in mind when commenting.
There is a big difference between comments like:
"It ain't my cup of tea, but if you like it that's what counts"
and
"You ****ing moron, WTF are you doing? People like you should be strung by the nuts and hung from the Golden Gate until they either buy a Hundahh or grow up!!"

In the end people in the second category are the ones that end up losing support/respect (I hate that word!) among other board members.

That's just MY opinion...

Ken
Old 04-05-2002, 02:25 PM
Supreme Member

Re: Can't we all just get along?

Originally posted by andynice20

Guys, I'm pretty new to the Thirdgen site, but it seems that there is ALOT of viciousness! Like I like see alot of people who like to heavily modify their third gen get rocked by replies that just tear them to shreads! Man, if I don't like what you're doing, I ain't gonna take the time to write a whole reply, I'll just move on to the next post. I love to modify my car, if you don't like it, just move on. Why would you take the time to write out that you don't like it, its just a dumbass move!

Can I get some support on this?
Yeah right, whaddya thinking? Just because YOU tend to display a more mature attitude, you think everyone else will too?! Pshaw. People would rather rag on something for an entire paragraph than skip on to the next post. It is entirely different saying "Well, it doesn't look like it fits very well there along the left edge" than "That looks friggin hideous". One of those replies has some value, one doesn't. It's too bad that most people don't have anything valuable to say. Shannon (redraif) has been the victim of some particularly trashy attacks; never having asked for it. She's right, of course, the bed-wetters stay at home too afraid to be different. They're afraid of being called out on what they may think is nice - especially if a lot of work was involved, the last thing you want to hear is "That's disgusting" "Why did you ruin your F-body?" "What were you thinking" "Rice".

It's not like these cars kept stock are going to be worth anything - they'll just look like the other 4 million on the road.

Steve "Modding my as<x>s off" Cauffiel
Old 04-05-2002, 02:48 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Formula Firebird
Engine: 305 - Demon 525
Transmission: 700R4
Heh, welcome to the boards.

Yeah watch out for those flamers.

>wicket firestarter, Got Prodigy?
Attached Thumbnails Can't we all just get along?-gas-can-matchs.jpg  
Old 04-05-2002, 03:04 PM

I'm getting alot more support than I thought! I guess all the insanely ignorant comments are bothering some other people out there too!!! Redraif, I just saw your car, VERY IMPRESSIVE! I only wish I had the technical skill to do what you did. Even if I didn't like it though, one has to give credit where its due, and for someone to invest that much time, money, blood, sweat and tears is just great! SO GOOD SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!! To the ignorant @$$'s who wanna blab and "flame" all I GET A LIFE!
Old 04-05-2002, 03:16 PM

Everyone does have a right to their own opinion. True, some people could be nicer, but you know I think there are those who are just more opinionated than others...

However.....my car is all stock, and I prefer it. As much as I'd love to have a higher-performance third-gen...I love my car as it is. I'm not too lazy to do any modifications, I'm just happy with what I have : D!!!!!!!![COLOR=indigo]
Old 04-05-2002, 03:24 PM

Car: 92' RS Camaro
Engine: L98
where's the tech in this???
Old 04-05-2002, 03:33 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 84 camaro Z28
Engine: 434sbc
Transmission: powerglide
Axle/Gears: moser 9" with 411 posi
everyone has an opion. you should respect it no matter what
Old 04-05-2002, 03:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: too many ...
yeah man ... i try hard not to disrespect anyone on the boards at all times ... but if someone goes off on me I will return the flames!!!! hahhahaha
Old 04-05-2002, 03:56 PM
Supreme Member

Just for the record...

I have no problem with those who like and want to stay stock. I only have problems with the ones who say their way is the only way. They prance around chunking insults like they think they're their the ruler of all 3rd gens.

My car was basically stock for 10 years before I started modding it. Honestly, I was afraid I would screw it up or destroy its value. I listened to everyone else. Then I saw how many are in the junkyards and how many are on the street. These cars are everywhere. By sheer numbers they have destroyed their own collectors value.

I have finally made myself happy by letting go of the idea that my car will ever be worth big money. I faced loosing it when the engine blew up. I sat down and thought long and hard about what the car meant to me. I realized there was nothing that would make me give him up. I have had him since 89 and people swear I will be buried with him. From there the modding began.

I got parts from the junkyard and made use of what I could. Most of my parts came from cars due to be crushed, so if anything I'm preserving the spirit of multiple 3rd gens. So chew on that idea.

The weird thing is that it's quite possible that my car is worth more now then it would have ever been worth stock. I get offers to buy it all the time.

For those of you who want to see how bad the thrashing of my car really got. 3rdgen.org had some chicken who instead of posting here took pics from my link and posted it to their board to trash it behind my back. Ergo I would not know and could not defend myself and so he would not get thrown off thirdgen.org.

http://www.3rdgen.org/bb/showthread...&threadid=11104

Pretty lame, eh?
Old 04-05-2002, 04:08 PM

File not found on your link redraif...........................

Personally I think to each their own........I have two Camaro's and have owned 6 f-bodies total.......one is basically bone stock,and the other is heavily modified......I'm not looking to make money on either,so I'm keeping myself happy and I don't really care what "everyone" else thinks.I love 'em both just the same and am happy with both their performance's for what they are.....and if I'm not happy with what I have then what's the point of this hobby?...........................
Old 04-05-2002, 04:14 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 99 Formula
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 342
I'd have to agree with ChevyKen. So what if someone says they don't like the way your car looks on here, I'm sure there are many more everyday in your town that think the same, but when you modify a car you're not going to appeal to everyone, just take the criticism, it's not a big deal.
Like redraif, she handled it maturely she didn't blow it out of porportion just cause some people don't like the look.
Old 04-05-2002, 04:15 PM
Supreme Member

It will be back up in 2 hours. They do this maintence thing sometimes. 7 or 7:30 Eastern time it will come back up.

Sorry
Old 04-05-2002, 04:44 PM

Car: 91 Z28 Convertible
Engine: 305TPI
opinions are like *******s. and i seem to work with all of them...
Old 04-05-2002, 05:10 PM

I'm a Jerk. Get used to it.
Old 04-05-2002, 05:10 PM

RE: Can't we all just get along?

As the saying goes," Different strokes, for different folks"

WTF!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 08:32 PM

Originally posted by redraif
Just for the record...

I have no problem with those who like and want to stay stock. I only have problems with the ones who say their way is the only way. They prance around chunking insults like they think they're their the ruler of all 3rd gens.

My car was basically stock for 10 years before I started modding it. Honestly, I was afraid I would screw it up or destroy its value. I listened to everyone else. Then I saw how many are in the junkyards and how many are on the street. These cars are everywhere. By sheer numbers they have destroyed their own collectors value.

I have finally made myself happy by letting go of the idea that my car will ever be worth big money. I faced loosing it when the engine blew up. I sat down and thought long and hard about what the car meant to me. I realized there was nothing that would make me give him up. I have had him since 89 and people swear I will be buried with him. From there the modding began.

I got parts from the junkyard and made use of what I could. Most of my parts came from cars due to be crushed, so if anything I'm preserving the spirit of multiple 3rd gens. So chew on that idea.

The weird thing is that it's quite possible that my car is worth more now then it would have ever been worth stock. I get offers to buy it all the time.

For those of you who want to see how bad the thrashing of my car really got. 3rdgen.org had some chicken who instead of posting here took pics from my link and posted it to their board to trash it behind my back. Ergo I would not know and could not defend myself and so he would not get thrown off thirdgen.org.

http://www.3rdgen.org/bb/showthread...&threadid=11104

Pretty lame, eh?

Well maybe it's time you got a clue ? Your car is a disgrace to thirdgens. Modifying it is one thing... making it look hideous with a complete and utter lack of taste is another.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:40 PM
Supreme Member

Location: Mililani, HI USofA Search Posts: 2848.............. Whore Posts: 47.................. Magical Whore Posts: 1
Car: 91 Camaro 77K
Engine: 3.1 Vslick
Sombody Lock this down.

All this does is stir up trouble.

Old 04-05-2002, 08:41 PM

Actually, here is the thread.

http://www.3rdgen.org/bb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11104

And I posted it. And I DID post here about it redraif. I can't believe you forgot.

Search this Thread