Brakes Looking to upgrade or get the most out of what you have stock? All brake discussions go here!

Was leaking now sealed light still on.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 Firebird Auto V6 2.8l
Was leaking now sealed light still on.

I put new pads on my rear brakes.
Had to replace brake line and hose from front to back, ( due to a faulty jack holding up my rear end)
When I connected brake hose into brake line that goes from passenger side to driverside was leaking at the threads, I tightend this up, and am finding no leaks.
When I was driving around with it leaking, the light would come on when brake pedal was pushed in down hard, then it finally stayed on. I believe book said somthing about the car shutting off one side of the brake system becouse of the leak, Now when I plug battery back in the light is still on even without ever touching the brake, is there somthing I should be doing to engage the system that it may have shut down again?

Things they may not pertain at this time:
I havn't been able to get any fluid out yet when trying to bleed my brakes, so i know i still need to figure somthing out with bleeding them
My E brake is not connected I noticed
Brakes work better then they did with the old lower profile brake pads

When in Park do the disc brakes in front only engage? and not the drum brakes in the rare? noticed when have on jack stands can't take tire off couse the wheels spin in the back.

Last edited by thunder69n; 09-18-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: add detail