Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

[FL] 1992 Camaro v8 trade for older Firebird

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS, 66 Mustang, 78 t/a
Engine: 5.0 TBI, 289, 400
Transmission: 700R4, C4, th350
1992 Camaro v8 trade for older Firebird

I believe putting up a big description informs you of the history and allows you to purchase with knowledge of just what you're getting. So...
I have had this car since I was 14. I am now 19. It is a white 305 RS hardtop with 700R4 automatic and working AC and heat. Day in day out, I have tried my best to address the problems with the car, and added my own taste to it. I was iffy about trading since I have invested A LOT of money and A LOT of time into the car. And I am serious when I say a lot of money. I have every single receipt from everything put into the car since the first parts put in, and it's practically 1 inch thick. (shop labor and parts with my own labor) Pretty much every sensor replaced. oil pressure sending unit I replaced. Off the top of my head, the air conditioning sensor and knock sensor haven't because they still work. i just changed the oil a couple weeks ago with mobil 1 high mileage and k&n filter.
I drive the car every day to Daytona and back so the car is almost to 190,000 miles. But, I have kept up it's maintenance and it drives strong. the 305 is known for being really reliable.
Here are the performance modifications done to the car:
-Open element air filter (this replaces the restrictive factory setup. a quick search on here will show you that plenty of people with tbi do this and it works)
-CFM tech 670 cfm throttle body. they get bored out, surface milled, and some other stuff they do. also added was an injector spacer, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and stainless steel fuel lines with insulation
-Headers that don't rust-these have been painted several times and I do have some wrap on them. new 02 sensor when replaced
-TRUE DUAL EXHAUST-this is completely custom fabricated and a better setup than a y-pipe for both sound and performance, also with a smog pump delete.
and these go into dynomax mufflers so it sounds KILLER when you rev the hell out of it. video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGZiilt0o7I
-Taylor 8mm plug wires
-ATP shift improver kit-to put this in, the valvebody was rebuilt and replaced with all the components in the kit. it is a vast improvement over the stock annoying and sluggish setup
-TCI 2nd gear servo kit-"The TCIŽ high performance servo kit utilizes a surface area up to 63% greater than stock providing an additional 300 lbs of 2nd gear band apply force. The 700R4 servo kit also eliminates the common 2nd to 3rd flare problem."
-Hypertech fan switch-on at 200 and off at 185 I believe
-Tuff Stuff water pump-nicely black coated water pump that will last forever and support a high cooling demand
-Dimpled rotors (of course the pads and bearings and stuff were replaced too. such as a caliper and brake line)
As for just the replacement parts, well...it's a lot but i can tell you that it has some expensive tires on it that grip beautifully and handle water great. these cost me almost $1k with labor
the gauge cluster fried on me 1 day so that is completely rebuilt. i just put in a new right exhaust gasket. heater valve replaced. new intake gaskets. I can go on and on, but I can tell you that if I were to total all the receipts up, it would come out to well over $3k.
I would say the fuel pump was replaced at one time by
and now for the bad stuff:
Unfortunately, just after the shift kit was put in, it won't shift into overdrive. The transmission expert that tested it did a driving pressure test and found that it has a drop in line pressure so the clutches don't engage, meaning it has an internal leak.
-if you really care about perfection, then it needs a paintjob. But what I did was i went over the whole car, sanded rust spots and primed and painted. You honestly can't tell from a good distance.
-The right side pan had a rust hole so i grinded it down perfectly clean, fiberglassed over it and shot some undercoating over it. i lifted the carpet, cleaned it up, sprayed rust converter and self etching primer
hatch release doesn't work. I think it's the relay under the console. you can just open it up with a key and close it though.
-wipers will work right, but they have a mind of their own.

as for the interior, I keep it clean. the dash pad was replaced so it has no cracks. what I did do a few weeks ago was pull the seats and painted the tracks. I have pictures and they came out really nice.
I will only trade as of right now until i find a car for sale that i want.

if you are SERIOUS about trading for an OLDER Firebird, let me know. I am really looking for a 70-73 firebird. i will only trade down (nothing significantly wrong please) or maybe an even trade. I don't think I want to trade for anything else, but if you want to give me an option, show me. this is my first car that i have put so much time and money into my first car so please don't insult me. I don't want your newer car.
call for Kyle at (386) 445-3979
Attached Thumbnails 1992 Camaro v8 trade for older Firebird-034.jpg   1992 Camaro v8 trade for older Firebird-041.jpg   1992 Camaro v8 trade for older Firebird-035.jpg  

Last edited by 92 Camaro; 02-19-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:14 PM

Car: BMW 330i ///M Sport
Engine: M54 DOHC I6
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: Stock
Re: 1992 Camaro v8 trade for older Firebird

Originally Posted by 92 Camaro
I believe putting up a big description informs you of the history and allows you to purchase with knowledge of just what you're getting. So...
I have had this car since I was 14. I am now 19. It is a white 305 RS hardtop with 700R4 automatic and working AC and heat. Day in day out, I have tried my best to address the problems with the car, and added my own taste to it. I was iffy about trading since I have invested A LOT of money and A LOT of time into the car. And I am serious when I say a lot of money. I have every single receipt from everything put into the car since the first parts put in, and it's practically 1 inch thick. (shop labor and parts with my own labor) Pretty much every sensor replaced. oil pressure sending unit I replaced. Off the top of my head, the air conditioning sensor and knock sensor haven't because they still work. i just changed the oil a couple weeks ago with mobil 1 high mileage and k&n filter.
I drive the car every day to Daytona and back so the car is almost to 190,000 miles. But, I have kept up it's maintenance and it drives strong. the 305 is known for being really reliable.
Here are the performance modifications done to the car:
-Open element air filter (this replaces the restrictive factory setup. a quick search on here will show you that plenty of people with tbi do this and it works)
-CFM tech 670 cfm throttle body. they get bored out, surface milled, and some other stuff they do. also added was an injector spacer, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and stainless steel fuel lines with insulation
-Headers that don't rust-these have been painted several times and I do have some wrap on them. new 02 sensor when replaced
-TRUE DUAL EXHAUST-this is completely custom fabricated and a better setup than a y-pipe for both sound and performance, also with a smog pump delete.
and these go into dynomax mufflers so it sounds KILLER when you rev the hell out of it. video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGZiilt0o7I
-Taylor 8mm plug wires
-ATP shift improver kit-to put this in, the valvebody was rebuilt and replaced with all the components in the kit. it is a vast improvement over the stock annoying and sluggish setup
-TCI 2nd gear servo kit-"The TCIŽ high performance servo kit utilizes a surface area up to 63% greater than stock providing an additional 300 lbs of 2nd gear band apply force. The 700R4 servo kit also eliminates the common 2nd to 3rd flare problem."
-Hypertech fan switch-on at 200 and off at 185 I believe
-Tuff Stuff water pump-nicely black coated water pump that will last forever and support a high cooling demand
-Dimpled rotors (of course the pads and bearings and stuff were replaced too. such as a caliper and brake line)
As for just the replacement parts, well...it's a lot but i can tell you that it has some expensive tires on it that grip beautifully and handle water great. these cost me almost $1k with labor
the gauge cluster fried on me 1 day so that is completely rebuilt. i just put in a new right exhaust gasket. heater valve replaced. new intake gaskets. I can go on and on, but I can tell you that if I were to total all the receipts up, it would come out to well over $3k.
I would say the fuel pump was replaced at one time by
and now for the bad stuff:
Unfortunately, just after the shift kit was put in, it won't shift into overdrive. The transmission expert that tested it did a driving pressure test and found that it has a drop in line pressure so the clutches don't engage, meaning it has an internal leak.
-if you really care about perfection, then it needs a paintjob. But what I did was i went over the whole car, sanded rust spots and primed and painted. You honestly can't tell from a good distance.
-The right side pan had a rust hole so i grinded it down perfectly clean, fiberglassed over it and shot some undercoating over it. i lifted the carpet, cleaned it up, sprayed rust converter and self etching primer
hatch release doesn't work. I think it's the relay under the console. you can just open it up with a key and close it though.
-wipers will work right, but they have a mind of their own.

as for the interior, I keep it clean. the dash pad was replaced so it has no cracks. what I did do a few weeks ago was pull the seats and painted the tracks. I have pictures and they came out really nice.
I will only trade as of right now until i find a car for sale that i want.

if you are SERIOUS about trading for an OLDER Firebird, let me know. I am really looking for a 70-73 firebird. i will only trade down (nothing significantly wrong please) or maybe an even trade. I don't think I want to trade for anything else, but if you want to give me an option, show me. this is my first car that i have put so much time and money into my first car so please don't insult me. I don't want your newer car.
call for Kyle at (386) 445-3979
Interested. Price???
Old 03-03-2010, 03:06 PM

looking for something like $3300
you're in wisconsin though.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:05 AM

looking for something like $3300
you're in wisconsin though.
Doesn't matter. I don't buy cars from this state. I went all the way to Orlando to pick up my current '92 RS. Would do it again in a heartbeat. $3,300? Not to insult, but for an Automatic hardtop RS with 180k, that is pretty extreme. I was thinking more like $1,200-$2,000. I paid $2,000 for my RS and it had 112k on it and was in excellent shape, with T-tops, Bose, F41, deluxe cloth, split seats, power everything, the only option it didn't have was full leather. Did need minor work, but that was it. Like I said, I don't mean to offend, but the money we put into these cars almost never comes out. I'll give you $1,500 for it. I still think that may be high, but it's pretty fair. Good luck selling it, it's a pretty car! Given the problems it has, especially something like your transmission, you can't expect much. There are many RS's around here with way less than 100k and in perfect condition going for $3,000-3,500.
With that mileage, it will be very hard to sell for 3+.

Last edited by ThreeOhFive; 03-04-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:44 AM

sorry, i might be negotiable, but 1500 is an insult. you are getting way too much for just 1500.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:55 AM

Car: 1991 z28 L98 Spec
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI 245\345
Transmission: 700 R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

not really ThreeOhFive is right I have an 82 z28 I bough for a 1k and it has a mildy tuned 350 and a turbo 400 tranny, its fast as hell and has a flawless interior and for less than a 1000 I can have the rust fixed, so 1500 for the condition your car is in is rather generous, I mean the an internal leak in the trans is a big deal, I know its your first car and trust I understand that you feel its worth alot more, but hes right for half of what your asking people can get one better.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1984 Chevy Camaro
Engine: H/C/I LS1
Transmission: T56 Magnum-F 2.66
Axle/Gears: QP 9" Trac-Lok 3.70

sorry, i might be negotiable, but 1500 is an insult. you are getting way too much for just 1500.
1,500 is about what I'd expect for a LO3 RS that needs something like the tranny worked on that has 180k on it.

I picked up my firebird for $2,700 and it was in relatively good shape. 350TPI with 57k, tranny with 5k, body 120k and all.

You'll never get out of a car what you put into it unless you find a real sucker I'm sorry to say.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:17 AM

well actually the whole point of this thread was to see if anyone had a firebird to trade, but he asked to buy it, so thanks for straying from my point you tirekickers.
MY TIRES AND EXHAUST SYSTEM ARE WORTH $1500
Old 03-08-2010, 12:51 AM

well actually the whole point of this thread was to see if anyone had a firebird to trade, but he asked to buy it, so thanks for straying from my point you tirekickers.
MY TIRES AND EXHAUST SYSTEM ARE WORTH $1500
I offered you a more than fair price for it, you regected it, no big deal. But to call us tire kickers is a bit harsh. I love my '92, have a TON of money into it. Probably $5-6,000 now. I could sell it, but I know that it's not worth as much to someone else as it is to me. I might get $2,500 for it, if I got very very lucky. Ideally, $1,800 to $2,000 is probably the best I could get, and my car is in much better shape, and has almost 60k miles less with no major problems. You are asking way too much man. I saw your car, was going to offer $900, maybe $1,000. If you listed it locally, you may have better luck, but on TGO, we all know exactly what that car is worth. I'll give you some friendly advice. When selling a car, think about what YOU would pay for it as a buyer. It's hard to be reasonable, especially when the car is your baby, but if you really need to sell it or trade, you're going to have to bite the bullet and move on. If you don't need to sell it, don't. Buying a Thirdgen is like buying swamp land. You'll spend too much money, and never get it out. Unless there is something extremely special about it, a Thirdgen is almost ALWAYS a bad investment. You'll never make money off one, unless you get very lucky. I personally don't care about how these cars can be bad investments, I love them to death! And I will keep buying them. I just know that if I do have to sell it, I'm gonna walk off with a pretty small chunk of cash compared to what I invested.

Once again, good luck selling it. But calling us tire kickers is pretty harsh. Welcome to reality!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:55 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: 350LT1
Transmission: Moving on to a T56...for now

Originally Posted by ThreeOhFive
I offered you a more than fair price for it, you regected it, no big deal. But to call us tire kickers is a bit harsh. I love my '92, have a TON of money into it. Probably $5-6,000 now. I could sell it, but I know that it's not worth as much to someone else as it is to me. I might get $2,500 for it, if I got very very lucky. Ideally, $1,800 to $2,000 is probably the best I could get, and my car is in much better shape, and has almost 60k miles less with no major problems. You are asking way too much man. I saw your car, was going to offer $900, maybe $1,000. If you listed it locally, you may have better luck, but on TGO, we all know exactly what that car is worth. I'll give you some friendly advice. When selling a car, think about what YOU would pay for it as a buyer. It's hard to be reasonable, especially when the car is your baby, but if you really need to sell it or trade, you're going to have to bite the bullet and move on. If you don't need to sell it, don't. Buying a Thirdgen is like buying swamp land. You'll spend too much money, and never get it out. Unless there is something extremely special about it, a Thirdgen is almost ALWAYS a bad investment. You'll never make money off one, unless you get very lucky. I personally don't care about how these cars can be bad investments, I love them to death! And I will keep buying them. I just know that if I do have to sell it, I'm gonna walk off with a pretty small chunk of cash compared to what I invested.

Once again, good luck selling it. But calling us tire kickers is pretty harsh. Welcome to reality!

I agree. I hate to say it but You will NEVER get what you put into it....I spent over 5K on my first camaro and finances said to sell it and I got 1800. Hurt like hell but it is what it is.....I am looking for a camaro again so if you are willing to sell it for a decent price let me know....btw this is not just a website but a lot like a club.....no one here wants to screw you out of your car....we are here to help....always will be
Old 03-11-2010, 06:50 AM

I'm asking less than what I put in it, but I look around and my car sells for a price around what I'm asking. but this is now an arguement and nothing concerning interest so I hope a mod closes this.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:04 AM

I'm asking less than what I put in it, but I look around and my car sells for a price around what I'm asking. but this is now an arguement and nothing concerning interest so I hope a mod closes this.
It's not a fight at all, just helping another Thirdgenner. This thread is only what you take out of it. But yes, this is no longer a 'for sale or trade' thread.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:39 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: 350LT1
Transmission: Moving on to a T56...for now

It says you are a senior member. if this is true then you should already know that we were only trying to help. There is no one here in need of fighting especially over the internet. The issues with the car is what makes it a tough sale for you. Not raggin on you or the car.

P.S. again if you are willing to sell your car at a more reasonable price please let me and everyone else know.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:50 AM

Car: Junk
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 7.5 4:10

Nice looking car, white is just right on a fbody.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by heartofalion
It says you are a senior member. if this is true then you should already know that we were only trying to help. There is no one here in need of fighting especially over the internet. The issues with the car is what makes it a tough sale for you. Not raggin on you or the car.

P.S. again if you are willing to sell your car at a more reasonable price please let me and everyone else know.
that's nice. I didn't come here for your "help." don't like it, get off my back. you know who decides on the price? ME
this is the first thread where I've seen someone actually try and manipulate the seller in bringing down the price. that to me is ragging on me and the car.
once again, someone lock this thread.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:44 PM

Car: 1967 Firebird P.T.
Engine: LS3 4" Strkr 422ci
Transmission: MN12 6 speed
Axle/Gears: 3.73 8.5" 10 Bolt Eaton

LMFAO @ 3300
Old 11-15-2010, 03:46 PM

I need the cash you conceited pillow biter. Good job bringing up 8 month thread you clueless freak. I'm way passed selling it anyway.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 PM

I need the cash you conceited pillow biter. Good job bringing up 8 month thread you clueless freak. I'm way passed selling it anyway.
Good, im sure everyone is way passed buying it for that price.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 PM

I couldn't care less.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:08 PM

HEY GUYS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD... IF YOU DONT LIKE HIS PRICE DONT BUY IT... TWO THINGS DETERMINE THE VALUE OF A VEHICLE... ANY VEHICLE... 1) WHATS ITS VALUE TO THE OWNER 2) WHAT ARE BUYERS WILLING TO SPEND. NOW LEAVE THE MAN ALONE AND LET HIM SELL HIS CAR
Old 11-15-2010, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by mightymaro94
HEY GUYS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD... IF YOU DONT LIKE HIS PRICE DONT BUY IT... TWO THINGS DETERMINE THE VALUE OF A VEHICLE... ANY VEHICLE... 1) WHATS ITS VALUE TO THE OWNER 2) WHAT ARE BUYERS WILLING TO SPEND. NOW LEAVE THE MAN ALONE AND LET HIM SELL HIS CAR
and.... 3) MARKET VALUE... i think TG owners coming forward and giving advise/criticism on a price is a good thing, makes sure another future third genner doesnt get taken for a ride by over paying for a car.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:15 PM

well thanks the both of you. thanks mighty for defending me, and thanks 88formulakiler for wanting me to have less money when I was in a real bad situation.
I hope someone comes around and locks this.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:58 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts

I hope someone comes around and locks this.
Next time there's a moderation concern, click on the following icon in the questionable post

Responding to content that possibly is a violation of our rules/guidelines with the same behavior in return is not wise.