Car Audio Car audio related questions and helpful hints for building the best sound system for your car or getting the most out of what you have.

can anybody give me some info on satalite radio?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85 trans am
Engine: 79 4 bolt 350
Transmission: 700r4
can anybody give me some info on satalite radio?

my kenwood deck sais that its ready for serius satalite radio and i was wondering what all is involved with that? what do you have to do and how much does it cost?
Old 03-30-2003, 01:08 PM

Car: See pic above
Engine: Too Small
Transmission: Broken
It will require installing the satillite decoder and antenna. I think most services are about $12.95 a month. So really, unless you're going to be in your car for extended periods of time on a regular basis, it may not be the best investment.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:02 PM

Car: 89 GTA Blk on Blk w/ T's
Engine: 5.7 TPI
XM Radio is around $10 a month and for $200 you can get a receiver that will work in your car (with your Fact. or aftermarket radio) or it can be taken into the house and hooked up to your home stereo ($70 for adapter kit)
Here where I live the radio stations suck and I plan on getting XM soon and I will pay the extra to hook up in the house.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:04 AM
Supreme Member

Location: "No one cares if you're in before the lock!" - Best quote ever.
Here, it's unbelievable....cd quality music without interruptions of any commercials (with the odd "Galaxy 106", or whatever), and if your deck handles it, text display of the song and the band right on the deck...! Of course, this sounds like something VERY steal-worthy in an automobile, so I'd get a great alarm first....
Old 04-01-2003, 07:44 AM

I recently purchased and installed XM...very nice, but only because Bradenton, Fl is not known for its stations...that and the Camaro antenna blows...it will cost you 200 bucks for the reciever and antenna for XM...9.99 a month and a little extra if you want the playboy channel..very easy to hook up ...the antenna that i have is this little stealthy black magnet that sticks the the body of the car right above the hatch window...you get like 101 channels, and a lot of them are commercial free...there are soo many rock stations,3 dance 1 rap, a bunch of hip hop stations, mtv and vh1 have stations...tons of news, talk radio, decades music, and comedy well worth it...everyone is going to give you a different opinion man between xm and sirius...personally their both the same to me...they use the same sound quality technology..and alpine uses xm, and alpine rocks...by the way..if your cd player is not xm ready..then you have to pay like 70 bucks or so for a little head unit to add on..looks real dumb..anyways..there ya go..oh ya, installation is a breeze