Car Audio Car audio related questions and helpful hints for building the best sound system for your car or getting the most out of what you have.

HIFONICS ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2000, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HIFONICS ?

Any one know about HIFONICS ?
Are they any good?
Check out the subs:
Plan-XII
Andromeda X - 12" Subwoofer
1500 w
$299
What you think?

How about this amp?
XI-COLOSSUS
2 Channel
2400 w
$1319

Any one know about the quality?
Prices aren't to bad.

What do you think about these compared to
eclipse titanium? Same watts low price just not Titanium?
Also what about that amp? It would prombly
power an eclipse also?

------------------
Crow (Joey)

I own a 1986 Berlinetta
It had a 2.8 engine with a auto trans, now a '95 3.4
Only mods are: K&N air filters
Flowmaster dual outlet 80 series muffler

Future mods: Enventually borla exhaust
Bosch Platinum+4 plugs
Old 12-19-2000, 08:50 PM

No One every heard of them?
Old 12-20-2000, 12:50 AM

Ive heard of them through a wholeseller i used to go through.... Ive never had any experienece eith them MYSELF, but from what he told me.... their older stuff used to be good before they got bought out, at which point they instantly turned in to garbage. But i cant verify that any more than word of mouth. Sorry!

------------------
1988 Formula, 305TPI, 700r4(for now), headers, stage 2 PROM, modded MAF, cat back, no catalytics, cowl hood, centerline champ 500 rims, KOBEL predator ground effects kit, Trans AM tailights, dash pouch, 92 shift console w/indicator, white face gauges, accented red trim, 12 speaker stereo, 4 amps, tint, T tops... icq 44373460 AIM:admrlam
see it at www.geocities.com/admrlam/Bird.html
Old 12-20-2000, 09:12 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
I heard the same thing, the old stuff was great, but the new stuff is of lower quality- kind of like Rockford Fosgate. There's quite a few HiFonics amps for sale on the web, especially thru the rec.car.audio newsgroup and ebay (well, last I checked a few years ago, anyway).

------------------
-Tom P (Hot rodded 1986 Firebird 2.8l) from http://www.f-body.net/mailbag/3rd/3rd_mailbag.html message boards
---Think your car could be pic of the week? Visit http://www.f-body.net for details!
Old 12-28-2000, 02:36 PM

The same with Zapco they used to kick *** back in the day, but not anymore, Alpine V12 or MTX amps are the top dawgs now.

------------------
'87 IROC
ALPINE 7839 head unit
ALPINE EQ
MTX Amps
2 JL Audio 10's
and lots more to come...
Old 12-29-2000, 01:37 AM

there is a shop here that sells hifonics and all they do is collect dust. they say for the money you can get a better sub or amp
Old 12-29-2000, 01:50 AM

Hey all,
A$$holes and opinions... Everyones got them. I've been looking for a amp to power my whole system, Two 4x6s, two 6x9s, and a 10" sub. You can find people who hate a product and people who will swear by that same product. There is a stereo forum, sounddomain.com, I did research on all the top names... all had opinions either way. When I looked into Hifonics Zeus d700, I swear, nothing but praise. Of course, There are way better amps out there, but for the money, just under $300.00 for a 5 channel 700 watt amp that puts out decent, clean, reliable power, you can't go wrong. I just got done ordering one. I'm new to the sound system stuff, but I just couldn't find anything bad info about this amp. Just like some of you guys totally disagree with my post... MTX? One of the top dawgs? Are you serious? remember, just opinions... Later.

John.
Old 12-29-2000, 09:36 AM

Its obvious your new to this. I've run Fosgate, Kenwood, Alpine, Sony, etc.. and nothing makes my JL 10's hit like that MTX amp. I went to sounddomain.com and they don't even carry the top name Amps, They friggin carry Boss, Jensen, Bazooka oh boy those are som awesome amps. NOT... Dude they sell that stuff of coarse there gonna praise it. by the way I went to hifonics-audio.com and I don't see a Zues D700, there's a Z700.

[This message has been edited by woodogg (edited December 29, 2000).]
Old 12-29-2000, 01:34 PM

I couldn't care less about what amp anybody wants to buy or where to buy it. I only mentioned the STEREO FORUM at sounddomain.com not the store side of the website. I don't know what they sell, and frankly I don't care. The discussion boards over there are just like the ones here. Just people stating opinions about different subjects. I would think a discussion board strictly about audio would be a better place to look for opinions, rather than a camaro board. Would you go there to ask... "What are the best heads for my '92 L98?" No you wouldn't. I knew you would take my post the wrong way. I believe CROW asked about Hifonics amps, I replied with my opinion. Everything in both of your posts are just opinions. Don't take it so seriously, but then again, you are probably only sixteen.

You did get me on the model number. It is Z700, not D700. In my face... Later.

John
Old 12-29-2000, 11:18 PM

Car: 1982 Trans Am
Engine: 305
Transmission: Turbo 350
Axle/Gears: 3.23:1
I've got a Hifonics Pluto amp running two Soundstream Granite 6.5's and it is some sweet schite! Definately good stuff! For the money, you may be able to find better stuff, but I am not too sure. Maybe try looking into Memphis! Good Stuff! If your looking to spend a little coin, go to the SHP's! They are pretty serious. If you have any questions about any Memphis equipment, Email me! I sell the stuff and know everything about it! Let me know. My email adress is Finch@fbody.com.

------------------
Matthew Finch
Old 12-30-2000, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by woodogg:
Its obvious your new to this. I've run Fosgate, Kenwood, Alpine, Sony, etc.. and nothing makes my JL 10's hit like that MTX amp. I went to sounddomain.com and they don't even carry the top name Amps, They friggin carry Boss, Jensen, Bazooka oh boy those are som awesome amps. NOT... Dude they sell that stuff of coarse there gonna praise it. by the way I went to hifonics-audio.com and I don't see a Zues D700, there's a Z700.

[This message has been edited by woodogg (edited December 29, 2000).]
sound like they like everything the pawn shops around here specialize in
Old 12-30-2000, 01:09 PM

Originally posted by 1992 B4C 1LE:
I couldn't care less about what amp anybody wants to buy or where to buy it. I only mentioned the STEREO FORUM at sounddomain.com not the store side of the website. I don't know what they sell, and frankly I don't care. The discussion boards over there are just like the ones here. Just people stating opinions about different subjects. I would think a discussion board strictly about audio would be a better place to look for opinions, rather than a camaro board. Would you go there to ask... "What are the best heads for my '92 L98?" No you wouldn't. I knew you would take my post the wrong way. I believe CROW asked about Hifonics amps, I replied with my opinion. Everything in both of your posts are just opinions. Don't take it so seriously, but then again, you are probably only sixteen.

You did get me on the model number. It is Z700, not D700. In my face... Later.

John
i guess asking people who have systems in their camaros and know what they are capable of is pretty stupid.
Old 01-09-2001, 07:49 PM

I have owned several hifonics amps. The zeus was great as was the other higher end amps. Stay away from the cheap amps from hifonics they are very poor quality. Look in to Alpine and Phoenix Gold they seem to work well through out the whole line of models.

------------------
1987 T.A.
4 bolt 40 over MSD 6al BBK/EDL throttle body Accel coil, wires Compu Cam Roller roc K&N filter Jet custom chip Removed screens and cooling fins on M.A.F. Ported Corvette heads 700r4 shift kit 40+ 4th gear 2300 stall Stock GTA rims with 255/50/16 rear 245/50/16 front Z rated comp ta's