Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

Ebay seller warnings

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 10:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 02 WS6 White/Ebony
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Stock 3.42
Ebay seller warnings

I have just been screwed over by these 2 people on ebay, so here's a detailed warning and helpful info to avoid them in the future.

Louie Battaglia (ebay seller ID: droptopgta) sold me junk door panels supposedly from an 89 GTA. In the ad he described them as "perfect conditon, no damage" and the pic he used on the ad showed a nice set of door panels with no apparent damage. However, the ones he sent me were no where near perfect conditon as they had extensive wear and damage to them inluding:
Bubbling of vinyl covering around armrest indention. Large, wide area of scratches along the bottom of one panel. Plastic window molding was loose on one panel and a felt was warped, and the molding/felt was completely missing on the other panel. The plastic screw covers for the armrest were missing contrary to his ad stating that it included these. One panel had a map pocket on it and the other one didn't have one or even the holes where one had been mounted. His pic or description didn't show or mention anything about having a map pocket.
The metal mounting brackets on the back were ripped off on one side of each panel. And it took him from 2/22 to 3/17 and several emails from me to get him to even send them to me. I contacted him and tried to resolve this peacefully. An agreement was made over the phone between he and I on 3/18 where I was to ship them back to him, meanwhile he would email me quality pics of his other doorpanels as a replacement so I could decide on a replacement. When asked if he would refund me the cost of the door panels if the others were not as originally advertised he said "yes, but lets try this first". He advised he would send me the pics on Wednesday 3/19 since he had the day off. I advised him I would send the panels back to him on Thursday 3/20 since I had that day off. By 3/20 I still didn't have the pics he promised and I sent his doorpanels back as we agreed. I emailed him letting him know I'd sent them out, but he didn't send me the pics as promised and I just want him to refund the initial $175 and not to worry about the money I spent on return shipping. He responded by email telling me to keep them, he refuses to give me any money back. I then emailed him a nasty email telling him just what a low-life he is and my overall opinion of him. I have contacted my credit card company and they may do a chargeback.
His contact info is:
Louis Battaglia
5 N 310 Neva Terrace
Itasca IL
630 336-1669
louielouie33@aol.com
link to ebay ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...404834370&rd=1

Also I bought a set of grid taillights from a woman named Olga Cubillas (ebay seller ID: realx5) off of ebay that were described as excellent conditon. They arrived very well packaged but the lights were not excellent condition. They had numerous scratches some of which may not be able to be polished out. Not a big deal since I will buff them and then plan on painting them translucent red anyways. But the passenger side light was chipped on the diagonal edge of the pointed side corner. I emailed Olga and asked if she was willing to refund and she said yes. Upon looking at the lights I realized that I could possibly take the good lens of a taillight I already have and use it to fix the light she had. I emailed olga and advised her of what I wanted to do so we could avoid the whole shipping/refund hassle. So I tried removing the lens from the housing I have which ends up being impossible due to a glue like material the factory used. I broke part of the housing on my own light trying to do this. I contacted Olga about this and she sent me a return address via email and then sent another email about 15 minutes later that she changed her mind and for me to not send them back she refuses to refund my money. I thought that was wormy considering I had volunteered to work with her and bent over backwards to try to use the parts she sent me resulting in breaking my own stuff trying to fix her mis-represented lights. This is especially insulting since I had already bought a set of lights off of Derrick Jones on thirdgen.org and he sent me junk too (he did finally refund my money by doing a shipping claim).
Anyways here is her info:
Olga Cubillas
5325 Vantage Ave #3
Valley Village, CA 91607
realx02@yahoo.com
Link to ebay ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...405115105&rd=1

Hope this info helps you guys avoid these dishonest people.
Old 03-22-2003, 01:37 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Trans Am 'Vert
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 5 Speed
Funny you mentions Lou, aka louielouie33. He was parting out a Turbo Trans Am a while ago, and I was interested in some of his parts and had some questions for him. Well, after getting a rude reply once, he deleted my second email without even reading it. I then contacted him over AIM and he was quite rude. Ill never buy anything from him.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s
Re: Ebay seller warnings

Bump.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He sold me a lemon car is the total opposite of what he claimed . Lou battaglia is scum piece of shot no one but anything from him
username trans am 82-92 sure he changed that though by now.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:42 PM
Supreme Member

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird Formula 350
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Stock

Avoid this seller at all cost!

https://www.ebay.com/usr/gmcp-bnsc?_...p2047675.l2559

I just order 2 replacement nuts for one of my rearview outer mirrors. He sent me ones that are much smaller than the originals. Here is the listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264283354504

I email him and requested a return. He sent an all caps response stating someone must have replaced the originals with bigger nuts. Totally rude @ HOLE. Here is a pic I sent him proving him wrong. He got ebay to close the case immediately in his favor. AVOID AT ALL COST!!!

The factory original is on the right, the left is what he sent. I am the original owner of this car, he said someone replaced the nuts. RIGHT......