DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

pro ram still has problems...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pro ram still has problems...

I got my ECM back from Accel and they had to replace a power transistor(my reference voltages were about half of what they should have been). Atleast they did it for free, but I'm still having wierd tuning problems. This will be over 2 months my car has been down for what should have been completed in a weekend. Why do I like this hobby????

Basically, I don't seem to have ANY acceleration enrichment. Stepping on the pedal even at a relatively low rate will cause the enigne to fall on its face and quit. Stepping on it fast will of course almost blow my air cleaner off with a backfire. In the view screen WOT on the TPS reads almost 90% which should be just fine. When I turn the key to "on", but without the engine running the MAP reads about 1.1 bar which shuld also be right. When it idles it also idles at 1.1 bar. If you can picture it, when the car is sitting still and I rev it, the fuel cells being used never go above the bottom row of the fuel MAP. Where should it be idling at? Maybe this could be screwing up my acceleration enrichment??

I'd give more info, but I'm not sure what else would help. The reference voltages are good and TPS is giving the computer what it should be atleast.

Please help...

------------------
88 firebird formula
350 Vortec, Accel Pro-Ram MPFI
214int/224exh, .471int/.491exh
Edelbrock headers
T56 - SIX-speed
open 3.73's
3 inch Flowmaster catback
I love pissing those LS1's off

Old time with TBI - 13.9 @103mph, 2.6 60ft

My Formula
Old 12-07-2001, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!

I had the MAP sensor plugged into a vacuum port near the top of the throttle body. Apparently it was not supposed to go there so I switched it to a different place and it seems to be working now(throttle enrichment and all). I feel SOOO relieved now!!!

[This message has been edited by Birmass (edited December 07, 2001).]