DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

Odd A/C request behaviour

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: Firebird
Engine: LG4
Transmission: Auto
Odd A/C request behaviour

I'm installing a SD TPI unit, AXXB memcal. (Also does the same with AUJP memcal installed) I only have a handheld scanner. When I turn the A/C on, the primary fan does not come on and the scanner reads A/C Request:OFF. The idle does not speed up either when the A/C is on, compressor clutch is engaged.

Did some tests and
-Primary fan will turn on when ALDL A and B are jumped.
-Primary fan will turn on when engine reaches approx 228°F

I measured voltage at C2 connector - C9 green wire at the ECM. Is shows approx 12v when the A/C controls are turned on.

Today I purchased another 7730 ECM. It exhibits the same as above with both AXXB and AUJP proms installed. I tried BAWX 6 cylinder chip and with that prom in and the ignition set to run, my scanner shows the the A/C request gets activated as soon at I turn the a/c controls on. So it can't be anything with the wiring since it uses the same C9 input wire. What could be causing this?

I guess to sum up: tried with 2 ECMS, only BAWX prom will detect A/C requested, AXXB and AUJP will not. Kind of running out of things to try. Thanks