DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

CAN'T DATA-LOG (AUTOPROM/TPro RT)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 12:33 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1989 T-Top GTA
Engine: 5.7L TPI> 6.2L
Transmission: 700R-4
Axle/Gears: 3.27
CAN'T DATA-LOG (AUTOPROM/TPro RT)

Grrrrrrr......
Well, up to now things have been goin pretty smooth. Been lookin at a couple of different Bins. Checking Flags, Constants,and Tables for about 2 weeks now while my garage thaws out... But I ran into a snag today and I'm outta ideas and need HELP

I've searched, read the quick start guide, gone play by play with Moates.Net FAQ's page, used the TunerPro RT "help file" to no avail....

I think that I've done everything right so far.....
Laptop set to Com4
Latency 1 to 5 (no prob)
Autoprom Outer switch away from USB port(stand alone)
Inner switch to towards USB port =10K
Max232 device type
Proper ADS Def file 165_6E.ads
I was able to connect to ECM and watch my laptop's "dashboard".....
& was able to drive around the neighborhood without trouble....

Now here's the problem!!!
when I'm in the ALDL setup window (Tools>ALDL/Data Logging>Setup) and try to Select log file for record or play there isn't one.... it brings me to a page that's called Select ALDL file definition??? (Which I thought that I had already done...???) with Bin Definition Folder, Bins Folder, DataStreams Folder, Layouts Folder, Sounds Folder.....

So I thought that I would start my own folder there called Data Logging.... makes sence don't it? (This was at my wits end)
Anyway, I can't find or start a "file" there.... so......

I went back to the "Setup" page and hit record to "Add a Session" and that gave me some sort of Datalogging Error File too..... All the while my car's sitting there idling with BLMS pinned @ 160.

I'm not sure where to go at this point...... I feel like I'm close, but stuck!!!

Do you put the same ADS. file (165_6E) into that top Datalogging portion (ie; Select Log File to Record/Play)???? Wouldn't it need a ADL file instead???

I was gonna jump right to Emulation but would like to record it!!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.......
Old 04-21-2009, 10:24 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '89 Trans Am WS6
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: T5WC
Axle/Gears: 3.08 posi
Re: CAN'T DATA-LOG (AUTOPROM/TPro RT)

In the ALDL setup window, press the "Select log file for rec/play" button. Browse to the directory where you want the log to be saved. Type in a file name for the log that you'll be creating. Dismiss the browse dialog (hit "Save").

Now, once you're connected to the ALDL stream, hit the record button. The logged data will be saved to the file you just specified. When you hit the play button, the data will be read from that file.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:28 AM

I made a "new folder" under the TunerPro RT folder with the other 5 ie Bin Def ,Bins etc wouldn't work so...... with the help of my wife...... I followed Mangus's suggestions and......

Made a folder on my desktop and created an *.adl file and it worked... crazy huh???? By the way there was no Save button....???
Well now the next step, recording what I've got, and Going into the Emulation stuff....

Wish me luck!!!

By the way, Thanks Mangus!!!!!!
I still think that it shoulda worked the way I was doin it the first time but whatever!!! It's just nice to know that there are people out there. 40,000 heads are better than one!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:31 AM

Alright, I got the equipment dataloging. Thanks again Mangus!!!!
I followed the Stand Alone Datalogging instructions on the quick Start Guide and everything went well with my "off the shelf SuperChip." Did a 5 minute drive around and was able to watch the Log afterward.... I was very happy!!!

I also got it to Emulate with a APYU3516 Bin. I followed the Quick Start Guide for the Emulation and everything seemed to work just fine, with the exception that I couldn't go over approx 2000 Rpm..... Seemed to snort and jump around

When I put the G1 into the ECM I didn't attach the Memcal to it.... could that be why the car seemed to be in limp home mode? My SES Light was on... but the fans were not....
Either way if that's the problem it's an easy fix I'll attatch the Memcal to it...

oh yeah I tried to Emulate and Datalog Simultaneously from the instuctions on the Quick Guide but it fails to tell you that you have to change your preferances from MAX 232 to Autoprom.... I was gonna start pulling my hair out!!!!!