Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Wiper Blade Motor not working, Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiper Blade Motor not working, Please Help!

I recently replaced my windshield washer pump on my 87 Trans Am. My first time doing it, so i was unsure at to where it was( wasn't thinking ahead and checking that stuff out). So completely removed the wiper blade motor and opened that up before realizing that the pump just slide out wiht out opening up the blade motor. Unforunatly when i reinstalled the motor, the wipers now do not work on the delay mode, yet will work on the low/high setting. Not sure if i have to possition the drive pin and they circle spindle on the other half to make it work some how. Anyone that has any knowledge on how to fix this i would really apreciate any help i can get.

Kevin
Old 05-14-2002, 08:27 PM

Car: 1986 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 305 LG4
Transmission: Borg Warner 5 Speed
no problem, in the motor there should be two metal prongs that look like they're in the way of the spinning part of the motor. These control the delay. I had to replace my motor not too long ago and the guy at the parts store said he didn't knowwhat they were for and he broke one off. When I put it in the delay wouldn't work, so I fixed the little bugger that he broke and no problem. Just find the two metal prongs and you can figure it out from there.
Old 05-15-2002, 03:23 PM

Thank you

Thank you SkyWarrior. You have been so far the most helpful. I do know about the prongs you where talking about, but i dont understand is where it should be? Should the 3/4 plastic circle be anywhere on the the metal prongs or not. Also i don't believe the drive pin needs to fit in the slot on the plastic circle, am i correct on that? I have tried moving the plastic circle to different possistion, but with no luck. Please let me know if you know if should possition anything differently. Once again thank you for your comments.
Old 05-16-2002, 01:36 AM

Car: 1986 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 305 LG4
Transmission: Borg Warner 5 Speed
kevin, did you get my e-mail?
Old 05-16-2002, 11:54 PM

Hey

I did get the email. I've done what you said, at least just making sure that the spinning circle piece will contact the metal pronges, but with no success. Only thing i can thing is that possibly drive pin goes into the spinning circle somehow or maybe my circuit board in there just happened to fry out finally. If you happen to take the wipe blade motor out, I'd be grateful if you could tell how everything is posstioned. Hopefully that might help or else i just might end up saving the money for a new motor.

Kevin