Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

car alarm w/paging capabilities

Old 10-13-2001, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 Monte Carlo SS
Engine: 89 IROC 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4 rebuilt w/TCI kit
Axle/Gears: 9" from 57 ranchero unsure gears.
car alarm w/paging capabilities

Hey everyone Im wondering if anyone ever installed an alarm with the pager. I got one off ebay it has all the reg alarm features, door open trunk open shock etc but this one also had the veh start and a pager that told you what was happening as long as you were within a mile of the thing. However Im having hell getting it to work, I cant get any help worth a damn from the alarm co either. anyway here are my probs
1) alarm always shows door open
2) start feature dosent work properly it will crank the engine, but not at the correct time it has a dip switch to set for eith .8 or 1.25 sec Im lucky to get .5 sec out of it.
If anyone has had this problem or can help me it would be great, I got this one cause some jackass stole my wallet and stereo out of my locked car while at work one day and I dont want this to happen again. 300 + for a decent deck is more than I want to spend more than once.
thanks again.

------------------
'87 Monte Carlo SS,with '89 IROC 350,700 trans, blew up 3.73 posi stuck with crappy 2.73's neeed gears! hooker headers, flowmaster 2 1/2" exhaust true dualls, recently installed a set of alum vette heads 58cc, new cam for a paxton, recently installed paxton, OMG need a posi bad. Found a guy who can build me a ford 9" (yep sorry guys) for less than 500 then comes all the goodies such as disk brakes so on and so on, will it ever end?? I hope not!!
Old 10-14-2001, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think i have the same alarms in my cars that you're talking about. it has the key chain/pager with the pic of the car on it which shows the door open, a hammer for the shock. i had both of mine installed by installers. that alarm is great though. it prevented some wouldbe thieves one night at work for me when they hit it to check for an alarm, i didn't hear the alarm, but the pager went off, so they're just walking away when i come running out the door after them. i guess they weren't expecting that.