Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Brake light comes on while starting up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Don't
Engine: have
Transmission: it
Axle/Gears: anymore
Brake light comes on while starting up!

Hey whats up! I recently had a short repaired on my '89 GTA. The car starts up fine now thanks to the new mini starter I put in not too long ago. The problem now is that sometimes when I crank the car, the brake light will come on...not to mention the 'check engine' light comes on too but when I've been driving the car for about 10-15 min. Anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks in advance! c ya!
Old 01-17-2008, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Don't
Engine: have
Transmission: it
Axle/Gears: anymore
Re: Brake light comes on while starting up!

Problem temporarily fixed at work lol! On my way to work tonight my car's lights were dimming pretty badly, my SES light was flashing like crazy and brake light would come on and off intermittently not to mention that it felt like it wanted to turn off! Luckily I made it to work and found that the positive battery cable was melted and touching the crank pulley so im guessing that the cable would not be touching the pulley sometimes and when I would hit a bump or something, the cable would move and rest on the pulley causing the light to come one when I cranked it! When I get home later im going to patch it up with electrical tape and then a put a plastic sleeving over it for now! how much would a new cable run me...anyone know?

Thanks in advance!