Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Wanna go fast and be irresponsible? Maybe

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Z28
Engine: Super Charged 414 FI Roller Mtr.
Transmission: CK Perf. 4L80E Manual W/Transbrake
Axle/Gears: 9" Ford 3.25
Wanna go fast and be irresponsible? Maybe

Anybody know anything solid (true) about radar jammers and forward facing cameras that can see way ahead with a separate screen to mount on my visor???? ( other than they are probably illegal ) PS, so is 68mph in a 70, LOL>
Old 09-19-2013, 10:28 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 86 IROC
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: 700-R-4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 open
Re: Wanna go fast and be irresponsible? Maybe

Originally Posted by topradman
Anybody know anything solid (true) about radar jammers and forward facing cameras that can see way ahead with a separate screen to mount on my visor???? ( other than they are probably illegal ) PS, so is 68mph in a 70, LOL>
cops have jammer detectors.jammers are 7 different kinds of illegal. cool idea ,just don't get caught
Old 09-19-2013, 10:32 AM
Supreme Member

Received 367 Likes on 296 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42

You just need not to be a dumbass and find the back roads you can play on. Scout ahead, and also do it at certain times of the day, and you can do what you like on the streets. I dont advocate this but it happens, so be smart about it
Old 09-19-2013, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Orr89RocZ
You just need not to be a dumbass and find the back roads you can play on. Scout ahead, and also do it at certain times of the day, and you can do what you like on the streets. I dont advocate this but it happens, so be smart about it
Dumbass?? 50 yrs old, 1st car was 57 chevy sedan when I was 12, built the whole car before I graduated high school with v8 & 4spd & red, 2nd 57 2dr hrdtp candy v8 4spd, 3rd 455 T/A, 4th 67 Impala & so on. Been in the automotive business since 1981. Started my own business at 22 with no cosigner and no help from mom & dad and now employ 8 others and have one of the largest service shops of it's kind in the Midwest. Been street racing off and on most of my life, right, wrong or indifferent. I wasn't asking for any degrading remarks, I was asking about forward facing camera's and jammers which evidently you know nothing about as you contributed no information. I think I know how to run a car down the old highway drag strip with spotters and cell phones. I was soliciting real information. I am not 16! I have a HIPO buddy who will clock my car on the interstate when conditions are right and I can ask him about jammer detectors. PS, this entire website seems to be at least 50% dedicated to hauling *** if you haven't noticed and I guarantee it's not all just about NHRA sanctioned driving but thanks for the advice dad. If you are at least 70 years old I will respectfully retract this statement, otherwise, this type of advise was not solicited nor wanted. Thanks again for the "dumbass" comment and reminding me to be smart about how I conduct myself about behavior that you "do not advocate".
Old 09-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Supreme Member

You took that the wrong way. I wasnt refering to you specifically, i am just saying to all in general if you want to enjoy your hot rod on the street, you have to be smart about it. You dont need a jammer. Dont be opening up throttle on an unknown section of road or in highly populated areas where cops can sit or where cops can be in traffic with you.

Its not hard. Years of street tuning rides where you need to go 120+ mph on full rpm pulls, and never been caught. You have to know when and where to do such things

You clearly have this experience and knowledge so why the need for a jammer??
Old 09-19-2013, 01:46 PM

You clearly have this experience and knowledge so why the need for a jammer??[/quote]

Well, there wasn't much of any other way to take that....... ok, I'm done...... Now, the reason for the interest in the jammer.... Cannonball Run. My car is not back halved intentionally. Some times I like to open her up for a stretch, not just a 1/4 mile. My desire is to take this car to Montana or Utah just to see what it will really do for a stretch like 20-100 miles. I typically run 90-95 on the interstate in my shop truck as well, that is why the interest. I'm am and will always be a speed freak. I do not have accidents ( knock on wood ) but I do usually get my allotted 3 tickets per year but it is always pulse radar and always on the open interstate. I do not get white knuckles from the speed as much as the worry of another ticket. I do not consider my driving reckless as I try to be very aware of my surroundings but I know that's just my opinion. If I were governor in a perfect world, interstate speed limits would be assessed per person based on driving skill and experience and the slow lane would be for the slow! LOL!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Supreme Member

Ahhh theres the key piece of information... Cannnonball run! That has always sounded like a fun thing to do but i can see the concerns there. Makes sense.

I would think a radar detector would come in handy as you likely will pick up their signal from other traffic on the roads allowing you to become aware and slow down in time. A jammer would likely tip the police off if all if a sudden their radar gun stops working when it worked fine for all other vehicles. Now i am not sure they can pull you over suspecting a jammer in that scenario. Probably should consult your patrol friend.

Just my thoughts, i am not familiar with these devices but know friends who have had them and they seem to be hit or miss, especially with the cheaper ones.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Orr89RocZ
Ahhh theres the key piece of information... Cannnonball run! That has always sounded like a fun thing to do but i can see the concerns there. Makes sense.

I would think a radar detector would come in handy as you likely will pick up their signal from other traffic on the roads allowing you to become aware and slow down in time. A jammer would likely tip the police off if all if a sudden their radar gun stops working when it worked fine for all other vehicles. Now i am not sure they can pull you over suspecting a jammer in that scenario. Probably should consult your patrol friend.

Just my thoughts, i am not familiar with these devices but know friends who have had them and they seem to be hit or miss, especially with the cheaper ones.
Not looking for cheap, looking for function. A roll bar mounted forward facing camera with large monitor and the jammer is something I would like but need more info on consequences and if anyone has any experience with the real deal, not just some radar detector that "claims" to interfere with radar readings. I have owned top of the line radar detectors for years and years but with pulse and no cherry on top, it's harder to see them before they can get me. I have also heard of some that emit a signal to tell them what you want their radar to read in mph but not sure if that is a ferry tale or not.