Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

92 firebird v6 cruise control help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92 firebird v6 cruise control help needed

Hi all, I am working on my sons 92 v6 firebird. In a wrecking lot, I found an 89 firebird v6 with cruise. I pulled the whole cruise setup. Modulator, both wiring harnesses, control module, and I got him a new multi lever with cruise. I began running the wires and have come to a complete stop. the wiring is different. My sons car does not have the yellow speed sensor buffer box, nor does it have the pink/black and dark brown wires in the 2 wire plug to run his cross dash harness into. Can someone who knows 92's please help? In place of the 2 wire plug, his car has an airbag control unit, but I see no place the cruise hooks into. I did however find 1 plug next to the pass side kick panel. The colors coincide with cruise wires, but its not like anything I have from the 89. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Haynes manuals have a very generic wiring diagram that does NOT apply to mine.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 92 firebird v6 cruise control help needed

Okay, for anyone in the future who comes across this same problem, its a brain wracker but I figured it out. Considering the 92 does vss buffering through the ecm, the v6 model has a special 4 wire plug near the ecm. It has a red wire, blue, grey, and grey/black. This i would assume goes to the 92 style cruise control module. The ecm buffered 2000ppm signal wire is the red one on that special 4 wire plug I mentioned. Since his car no longer has an airbag, I removed the pink/black power wire from his airbag control wire and voila! Theres my 2 mystery wires I needed to run the cross dash harness from.