Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

92 firebird v6 cruise control help needed

Old 09-25-2015, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92 firebird v6 cruise control help needed

Hi all, I am working on my sons 92 v6 firebird. In a wrecking lot, I found an 89 firebird v6 with cruise. I pulled the whole cruise setup. Modulator, both wiring harnesses, control module, and I got him a new multi lever with cruise. I began running the wires and have come to a complete stop. the wiring is different. My sons car does not have the yellow speed sensor buffer box, nor does it have the pink/black and dark brown wires in the 2 wire plug to run his cross dash harness into. Can someone who knows 92's please help? In place of the 2 wire plug, his car has an airbag control unit, but I see no place the cruise hooks into. I did however find 1 plug next to the pass side kick panel. The colors coincide with cruise wires, but its not like anything I have from the 89. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Haynes manuals have a very generic wiring diagram that does NOT apply to mine.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 92 firebird v6 cruise control help needed

Okay, for anyone in the future who comes across this same problem, its a brain wracker but I figured it out. Considering the 92 does vss buffering through the ecm, the v6 model has a special 4 wire plug near the ecm. It has a red wire, blue, grey, and grey/black. This i would assume goes to the 92 style cruise control module. The ecm buffered 2000ppm signal wire is the red one on that special 4 wire plug I mentioned. Since his car no longer has an airbag, I removed the pink/black power wire from his airbag control wire and voila! Theres my 2 mystery wires I needed to run the cross dash harness from.