Fabrication Custom fabrication ideas and concepts ranging from body kits, interior work, driveline tech, and much more.

made this today

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 IROC
Engine: 95 350 LT1
Transmission: 4L60E
You’re putting down my fabricating, saying I can't build anything better than what could be bought. Yet you say you can fabricate a harness that will be better than a bought painless harness. Are you saying you're the only one who can fabricate? Or are you just a hypocrite?

I'll argue that point. There's no doubt I can fabricate on a level that you could only dream of. Right now I feel like fabricating something to keep you from having children.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 93 240SX
Engine: LQ9
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.54 R200 IRS
I wasnt putting your fabricating down in saying that you cant fabricate something better than whats available, build something of equal quality for less money out of pocket, yes in most cases im sure you can, however you want to say "Maybe you have a business making money on the bolt on parts and I'm a threat to that... Well, that's just too f'n bad, you should have been working to collect more skills like welding and fabricating, then you could offer your customers frame connectors that you designed that are better and with a higher profit margin."

And brag about fabricating parts yourself, yet you seem to be the one wanting to peddle your brake brackets in the for sale section without being a paying advertiser. Make up your mind does everyone need to get resourceful and fab their brackets to be like you, or do they need to buy their parts from you ?

The painless harness is nothing more than a stock 4th gen engine harness with the connectors cut off and the wires labeled.
Im not working on that, that would just be a generic harness, and while it may be good for those piecing together an LT1 for a street rod or installing a new crate motor in a car with no existing wiring, it simply doesnt compare to a plug and play harness that just plugs directly into the existing connectors on a thirdgen, puts the computer where its meant to be, and allows someone to have their vehicle up and running quickly.

Im sorry you feel that you are something special and can fabricate so great, however dont give yourself more credit than is due, as it seems you are bragging about simple parts and minor modification, yet making them out to be a big deal, all the while trying to make it look like you having the extra time to fabricate them rather than have it shipped in and ready made makes you better than anyone else here.

Your super special subframes with multiple points are soo much better than off the shelf, yet I can accomplish the exact same thing with off the shelf subframes, just by adding a few small pieces of tubing, keeping my "fabrication" time to a minimum and allowing more time for other things like "fabricating" a paint job out of a bucket of paint and some compressed air. Or many other things that cannot simply be ordered to save time.

As far as a hypocrite goes, see again your reference to putting down those who like to order parts and then cross check that with your peddling of the brake brackets.

Originally posted by SERPENT99
You’re putting down my fabricating, saying I can't build anything better than what could be bought. Yet you say you can fabricate a harness that will be better than a bought painless harness. Are you saying you're the only one who can fabricate? Or are you just a hypocrite?

I'll argue that point. There's no doubt I can fabricate on a level that you could only dream of. Right now I feel like fabricating something to keep you from having children.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:34 PM

ha ha ha, watching you come back here with your double talk is like watching a monkey F a football.

Was it good for you?

Have a cigarette.

Old 07-24-2005, 11:26 AM
Supreme Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1985 IROC-Z
Engine: Magnacharged LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Ford 9" 4:11's
Just let it go guys, deep breath in....deep breath out....relax and repeat
Old 07-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 Camaro Vert
Engine: 02 LS1, HX40
Transmission: 2002 LS1 M6
SERPENT99:
dont even bother lowering yourself to his level with a reply anymore. anyone reading this thread can already see what kind of a individual he is.. and if they cant see it by now, nothing you say is going to change their mind anyway.. lol
Old 07-25-2005, 10:54 AM

Car: Mazda Protege5
time was ment to be wasted

money was ment to be spent

so i think we all are correct
Old 08-02-2005, 10:58 PM
TGO Supporter

Car: 1987 IROC Z
Engine: 350 TPI L98 block
Transmission: 700R4
Gentlemen, it is a shame to see intelligent people bicker. It negates the idea of intelligence altogther. As humans we engage in fisticuffs when we believe all other forms of relation have been exhausted. This is the internet however, and with that, the keyboard becomes a "weapon of mass distortion" with libelous intent, and although it provides for scintilating repartee, it is ultimately a lesson in futility.

I am reminded of a passage from one of my favorite books.

"A person who is said to be proficient at the arts is like a fool. Because of his foolishness in concerning himself with just one thing, he thinks of nothing else and thus becomes proficient. He is a worthless person.

- Hagakure: The way of the Samurai

Serpent, you are truly the meaning behind the phrase "necessity is the motherf**ker of all invention" . For what its worth, I commend you on your intuitiveness. You keep the flame for TG's burning with your ideas.

Another passage from the same book seems applicable as well.

When discussing things with someone, it is best to speak appropriately about whatever the subject may be. No matter how good what you are saying might be, it will dampen the conversation if it is irrelevant.

also..

When someone is giving you his opinion, you should receive it with deep gratitude even though it is worthless. If you don't, he will not tell you the things that he has seen and heard about you again. It is best to both give and receive opinions in a friendly way.

At any rate... thats pretty tight.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:20 PM

Man, you need to post here more often. I am humbled by your wisdom.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:14 PM

Car: 1985 Z28 Coupe
Engine: Carb'd LB9 .030 over
Transmission: TH700R4
Axle/Gears: Posi 3.42 10-bolt
first .... commendations to serpent , i truly envy you. for the time ,patience and knowledge to create something useful. great job!
unlike some people *no names, you know who you are*.... me, and it seems many others, can appreciate the thought and effort it takes to design your own stuff. some of the greatest designers in the world started out "fabricating" their own equipment, software, clothing ... whatever it may be, in their garage, or livingroom. it's amazing how people just think some corporation somewhere just started making stuff out of nowhere and has all these new products and ideas, but never stop to actually realize where the stuff they're buying off the shelf came from ....i guess companies never hire the guy who built stuff in his garage, gee ... i wonder where spohn started out... any idea's? well i would say that all that great stuff came from someone who was once like serpent ... with a love , a passion to do something themselves instead of having it handed to them in a box and sent on their way. if it weren't for people who had an idea and turned it into a product ... you would be naked and walking, without a computer, without a 1600 watt stereo system ... and without a store to buy your parts in. ideas, creativity, invention, progress, improvement .... fabrication .... these are the reasons that you even have a car!! i guess the Model-T was a "hack-job" too ? well guess what ... those "hack-jobs" are what got your little a** sitting in a *SWEET* thirdgen today! what ... you think cuz it isn't made by a company that its no good? you think cuz you can buy it somewhere you shouldn't waste your time? well i think it's people who think like that, who get in the way of progress, and invention .... and even in the way of the people who create the parts you so happily buy over-the-counter! people who don't realize that those parts they're buying started out however many years ago in some guy's (or girl's) garage. so why are you knocking it? who cares if it looks like a "hack-job" to you? so what if they sell the same thing over the counter.... that just means that someone else made it in their garage first ... and i bet it looked like a hack job when they did it too ..... but look who's buying it over-the-counter!! can you guess? yea, i don't think you're that dumb. then again .... someone made that in their garage 10 or so years ago ..... probably for $5 ... (inflation's a b****) .... and you're payin' , what was it .... $300 ? nah, thats not dumb ... thats just plain S T U P I D!

me, i've never fabricated anything ... wish the H E double L i could. might be able to if i ever applied myself to it, but frankly i really don't have the time, and by don't have the time i mean me & my wife work opposite shifts 6 days a week and we have a 4 year old and a 4 month old. it's kinda hard to do anything while taking care of a baby. and the free time i do have i usually use to fix my car if anything's wrong with it, or spent time with my wife & kids. anyway ... this has nothing to do with the subject. the point is that serpent put his project up here, even though he made it for his own purposes, so that everyone could see it and possibly even get something useful out of it ... he did a great job putting it together and it's functional ta boot! i know if i ever need one, i won't be buying it ...... i'll be asking serpent for the specs! you wanna dish out the $300 .... you go right on ahead. kinda reminds me of those so called "code scanners" i saw at "****"zone...for $25 you get a nice , neat looking box with 2 prongs and an L.E.D., and it comes with a manual that tells you your vehicles trouble codes so you can diagnose problems ..... me .... i use a paperclip, and the factory check engine light that came in my dash, and then look up the codes on the internet. what's the L.E.D. in that thing for anyway? is that little dot easier to see or something? wow ... the paperclip i got for free from work .... and for the amount of time i used the internet to look up the codes and print them ..... well i guess it was about 2 cents ... and that's mine.

praise to serpent, and everyone else on thirdgen.org that's dedicated to helping eachother out any way they can.

-cost of a high-end computer system = $2,400.00
-cost of monthly internet service = $50.00
- information and friends on thirdgen.org = PRICELESS!

"if ya aint got nothin nice ta say, then shut yer trap ... or i'll do it for ya" - me
Old 08-28-2005, 01:24 AM

Car: 1988 IROC
Engine: 350 TPI
Hehe!! I'm reminded of something

Abraham Lincoln once said -

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Old 09-14-2005, 03:28 AM

Car: 89 IROC - 85 Z28
Engine: 350 / 305
Transmission: 700R4 / T5
Axle/Gears: Stock
Serpent, great job!
Old 09-14-2005, 03:28 AM

Car: 89 IROC - 85 Z28
Engine: 350 / 305
Transmission: 700R4 / T5
Axle/Gears: Stock
Serpent, great job!
Old 09-14-2005, 02:32 PM

Car: 88 Camaro Convertible
Engine: anemic but fuel effecient 305 Tbi
look what I made

To: 88Iroczz4; Well said. Oh good year by the way
Old 09-14-2005, 04:06 PM

Re: look what I made

Originally posted by 88drop
To: 88Iroczz4; Well said. Oh good year by the way
Thanks 88

Yea i love my '85!

Old 09-14-2005, 07:06 PM

Car: 91 camaro 305 tbi
Engine: 305 tbi l03
Transmission: 700r4
serpent do u have the specs on how to make this?? and what ecm does it work on
Old 09-16-2005, 12:00 PM

Car: 83-84 camaro, 95 formula firehawk
Engine: 305, 305ho, 350tpi, 350 lt1, 383lt1
Transmission: 700r4, t-5, t56, m6
Axle/Gears: 3:90, 4:10, 3:50, and more
wow... feels like high school again Good job on the box, that would have really helped me out on my swap into a s-10... i give you props for it
Old 09-16-2005, 03:44 PM

Car: 88 Camaro Convertible
Engine: anemic but fuel effecient 305 Tbi
made this...

To 88IrocZz4 Actually I was refering 2 Ur username (I din't even look @ the car listed underneath), my bad.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:43 AM

heheh ... 88drop , i used to have an 88 ... hence the name, but now i have my 85 and it's in better condition than the 88 was. was a good year though
Old 09-17-2005, 01:38 PM

If yo go to craig moates old site or AKM's site you can find all the info you need to make one. You need an interface, a power supply and some connectors. here's a good site too. It works on 94-95 OBD one and OBD 2 but I'm not sure what years.

You guys really crack me up. I love all of you, even *****. You all really warm this old mans heart. I love all of you, but not in a homo way, it's more like a brotherly way... are there any female members?... and a sisterly way too... unless you're hot and available

Last edited by SERPENT99; 09-17-2005 at 01:42 PM.