Fabrication Custom fabrication ideas and concepts ranging from body kits, interior work, driveline tech, and much more.

DSE Fuel Pump Trap Door

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 08:36 AM
???

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: DSE Fuel Pump Trap Door

Originally Posted by tom3
You'd need to cut the lines and put back together with short hoses on the vent and return lines and a compression union on the supply line if it's a high pressure system. Tedious work but way better than wrestling that tank out and back in without damaging the fill neck. That's a chore!

the 2nd time I did it, I literally took a saw all to the filter neck and cut it off haha.

​​​​​​I had access to big fuel grade hose back then and used hose and clamps to put it together. I remember it was only a few months after doing it the first time using a holley aftermarket pump went bad, but in a weird way where it would run, but only lose the ability to hold the pressure every now and then, at the worst times of course(middle of traffic in the rain) and then be fine 10mins later. took me months to figure out it was the brand new pump I just put in. would still run, just couldn't make pressure for some reason. I was not in the mood to fight with it haha.

fast forward all these years. it's been sitting in the garage way to long and while it stars and runs, fuel pressure drops off at about 3k rpms and leans out. to much e10 fuel I guess killed the auto parts store pump I used after throwing that holley 255 in the trash haha.

sounds like I'm leaving the door on the shelf and dropping the axle. I don't feel like dealing with cutting hard lines. maybe later if I need to upgrade fuel line size.